Northern California Northern California

Want to hear some exhausts....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Pupuslinger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to hear some exhausts....

I am located in the Bay Area and I am looking to here some exhausts on a LS3 vette. I am leaning towards the Corsa Extreme but want to here one, or any to help me decide. I have tried searching for meets and stuff but I have only seen one monthly but I can't make that one. Also interested in any meets just to learn more about my car, very new to me. Cheers....
Old 11-10-2014, 03:01 PM
jattz06
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

A guy I know has corsa exhaust on his ls3 c6 sounds pretty good, I believe the car is stock besides an intake. Don't know which model corsa it is. I also have corsa exhaust and I love it but I have a cammed c5z.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

I dont have corsa but have SLP loudmouth with LG headers.
Its loud.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:52 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Pupuslinger
I am located in the Bay Area and I am looking to here some exhausts on a LS3 vette. I am leaning towards the Corsa Extreme but want to here one, or any to help me decide. I have tried searching for meets and stuff but I have only seen one monthly but I can't make that one. Also interested in any meets just to learn more about my car, very new to me. Cheers....
Next real meet up where you could see and hear a lot of cars would be this,,,

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...th-2014-a.html
Old 11-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Pupuslinger
Intermediate

Just ordered the Corsa Extreme from CCA....just bit the bullet and went with my gut. Thanx for the replies. Hopefully I can make that meet up.

PS...Chip was super cool and informative....good people...

Last edited by Pupuslinger; 11-10-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

The Extreme is loud. I hope you do not start out early in the morning, you will have upset neighbors.

A little bit to hot rod sounding for a newer car. I run the Corsa Sports with Z06 manifolds, had long tubes prior, and after 6 years am getting tired of the burble on decel.

Each to his own.

I do hope you enjoy it.

I am betting that after some time the Extremes will grow old.

Last edited by Boomer111; 11-11-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Pupuslinger
Intermediate

Not my everyday driver so I should be good. My truck is obnoxious loud and drone ridiculous so as long as it is better than that I'll be good. I wanted to do long tube and keep stock npp mufflers but don't want to deal with the smog.

I am the opposite where I think a newer car, like a vette that sound loud with a crazy cam is the $hit...you dont expect to see something like that. I am sure neighbors wont be happy, but if their dog can keep me up at night, I can wake them up at 4 am.....

Last edited by Pupuslinger; 11-11-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Nosferatu333
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Not my everyday driver so I should be good. My truck is obnoxious loud and drone ridiculous so as long as it is better than that I'll be good. I wanted to do long tube and keep stock npp mufflers but don't want to deal with the smog.

I am the opposite where I think a newer car, like a vette that sound loud with a crazy cam is the $hit...you dont expect to see something like that. I am sure neighbors wont be happy, but if their dog can keep me up at night, I can wake them up at 4 am.....
The corsa extreme is exactly as the name implies. Extreme especially with long tubes. Music to my ears though. I strongly suspect you will love it.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:06 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

http://www.exhaustvideos.com
Old 11-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Exotica
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

I am sure neighbors wont be happy, but if their dog can keep me up at night, I can wake them up at 4 am.....
What about the other neighbors who don't have an obnoxious dog? Are they simply collateral damage?

I am a fan of louder than stock exhaust but the Extreme is very loud and if you intend to run it at early morning hours because of one bad neighbor then the surrounding neighbors might be wrongfully affected. Just something to consider.

That is unless you live in a rural area where you only have that one neighbor.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Pupuslinger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Exotica
What about the other neighbors who don't have an obnoxious dog? Are they simply collateral damage?

I am a fan of louder than stock exhaust but the Extreme is very loud and if you intend to run it at early morning hours because of one bad neighbor then the surrounding neighbors might be wrongfully affected. Just something to consider.

Well...got them yesterday and installed them...I guess my definition of loud and others definition of loud is pretty different. I would not call this a loud exhaust. I got the Corsa Extremes, my wife said that she could hear me go around the block but I was flogging her pretty good. In normal driving I would not call it loud, although I am inside the car. I had a buddy take it down the street and in the upper RPMs it gets a little loud, but far from obnoxious in my opinion. Inside the car it is not much louder than the stock with the fuse pulled. I will say it sounds awesome though, and I am happy. But I have to say at first start up sitting in the drivers seat I was a little disappointed, and I was in my garage. I think leaving at early morning is not a problem as long as I am not burning rubber down the street. There is very little drone, and the drone there is not louder than tire or wind noise, and only really noticeable pulling 6th up a hill I guess. No problem talking or hearing the radio. Even the gurgle and pop on decel is less then I thought it would be. I am sure it will get a little louder as the packing brakes in, if there is any. All in all I am glad I got these and not something less Extreme

I would have to say it was a good buy, even though I think they are way over priced, but all the exhausts are for the vette are in my opinion.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:16 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotica

I upgraded my 2012 Base with stock exhaust (no NPP) to a Corsa Sport exhaust. The tone was great. But it wasn't loud enough for me. So I ended up finding someone who decided to not keep their barely used Borla ATAK system. I'm very content. My understanding is that although the depth/pitch between the ATAK and Extremes are different, the decibel level is not that different.

I haven't heard other aftermarket systems, but I am amused when I hear people talk about either Corsas or Borlas being too loud.

Perhaps from years of work on a John Deere 4600...

Get notified of new replies

To Want to hear some exhausts....

Quick Reply: Want to hear some exhausts....