How much boost can a stock ls6 block handle

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Z06DIL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much boost can a stock ls6 block handle

I got a 04 corvette z06 supercharged.
It has a vortech v2, I am running 5psi of boost on it right now.
I wanted to know if I can go up more boost and will it be safe for the block?

Who is the best tuner in the Bay Area? I hear Rick is the person to go too.

Thank you guys
Old 11-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Nosferatu333
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

matt @ gptuning tells me 630hp is max before rod bolts becomes an issue. Boost is suspect is irrelevant so long as you don't surpass that power level. This assumes a good tune of course. Some motors let go at much less.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:38 PM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu333
matt @ gptuning tells me 630hp is max before rod bolts becomes an issue. Boost is suspect is irrelevant so long as you don't surpass that power level. This assumes a good tune of course. Some motors let go at much less.
Is that 630 crank or rwhp?

I'm no expert but from the extensive reading I've done over the years my understanding is that the drive line as well as the engine reliability goes down above approximately 550 rwhp.

I have a 2002 Z06 with an A&A kit running approximately 10psi and putting out approximately 550 rwhp/ 500trq. I track the car somewhat regularly in the "A"group and it has held up so far, but I know that it won't last forever. If you boost you should assume the reliability will be less, how much boost, and how much less reliability? I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Dog
Old 11-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Z06DIL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu333
Well I was told that I'm running 586 to the wheel right now with 5 psi boost,small cam from Rick and full bolt ons. I'm not too sure on these numbers, the guy before me told be it has 586rwhp. But I was think about going methanol injection and boost up to 7 or 8 psi. Well that be safe for the stock block?

Get notified of new replies

To How much boost can a stock ls6 block handle

Quick Reply: How much boost can a stock ls6 block handle