Northern California Northern California

Capital Chevy in San Jose...good, bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 11:37 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

For all the dealer haters, for the first 53,000 miles my 06 vert was serviced by Vasser Chevy in Napa. I have a copy of every service order from day one and nowhere was any mistake or error listed on any of them. The original owner wouldn't have kept going back year after year if they had a lousy service department. Since then, for the next 20,000 miles I've had it serviced by Courtesy Chevy three times and Capital Chevy once in San Jose and have no complaints. Just thought I'd mention that there (are) dealers that are worth a damn and (several) miles closer to the Bay Area than Rio Vista. Hiway 12 sucks big time too!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:54 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryL
For all the dealer haters, for the first 53,000 miles my 06 vert was serviced by Vasser Chevy in Napa. I have a copy of every service order from day one and nowhere was any mistake or error listed on any of them. The original owner wouldn't have kept going back year after year if they had a lousy service department. Since then, for the next 20,000 miles I've had it serviced by Courtesy Chevy three times and Capital Chevy once in San Jose and have no complaints. Just thought I'd mention that there (are) dealers that are worth a damn and (several) miles closer to the Bay Area than Rio Vista. Hiway 12 sucks big time too!
Then why did you even post this thread if you already had the info you needed.... You asked a question in an open forum and you got a bunch of answers..... We thought that's what you wanted ... But you get the responses from others and now your getting in a tizzy ,,, Geez
Old 01-23-2015, 12:17 AM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Then why did you even post this thread if you already had the info you needed.... You asked a question in an open forum and you got a bunch of answers..... We thought that's what you wanted ... But you get the responses from others and now your getting in a tizzy ,,, Geez
No tizzy here. I had never been to Capital before that's why....Geez! The truth is all I'm interested in. There are only a half dozen or so that actually report having good dealer experiences, anywhere. But there are way more that talk down about just about every dealer in the country (whether or not) they've actually had any dealings with them. Abel seems to have a great following and that's great! I'm simply reporting my equally good experiences with three Bay Area dealers that seem no different than Abel. Go where you want but dont intimate that Abel, some 75-90+ miles from most of the Bay Area, is the only worthwhile dealer around.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:32 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

No tizzy here. I had never been to Capital before that's why....Geez! The truth is all I'm interested in. There are only a half dozen or so that actually report having good dealer experiences, anywhere. But there are way more that talk down about just about every dealer in the country (whether or not) they've actually had any dealings with them. Abel seems to have a great following and that's great! I'm simply reporting my equally good experiences with three Bay Area dealers that seem no different than Abel. Go where you want but dont intimate that Abel, some 75-90+ miles from most of the Bay Area, is the only worthwhile dealer around.
Everyone has an opinion, and that's what you asked for.. and you got.... Sorry if Abel was at the top of the list and some people drive 2 hours + to go there,, Theres a reason for that..... you don't here that about any other dealer on the boards here..... No one says they drive 2 hours to go to capital or vasser or any other dealer here in the north,,,, ... Abel is one of the most honest and up front dealers I have ever had to deal with just like others... And the owners son and parts director are all racers and vette owners... can you say that about any other dealer..... You can call Richie anytime and he will make time for you and most likely have the answer your looking for because he knows these cars inside and out... And there a supporter of this forum and of many car clubs all over the bay area......... OK im done here, glad you had a great experience this time at the dealer of your choice...

Last edited by ptroxx; 01-23-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:53 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Everyone has an opinion, and that's what you asked for.. and you got.... Sorry if Abel was at the top of the list and some people drive 2 hours + to go there,, Theres a reason for that..... you don't here that about any other dealer on the boards here..... No one says they drive 2 hours to go to capital or vasser or any other dealer here in the north,,,, ... Abel is one of the most honest and up front dealers I have ever had to deal with just like others... And the owners son and parts director are all racers and vette owners... can you say that about any other dealer..... You can call Richie anytime and he will make time for you and most likely have the answer your looking for because he knows these cars inside and out... And there a supporter of this forum and of many car clubs all over the bay area......... OK im done here, glad you had a great experience this time at the dealer of your choice...
This is true as there is a reason for all of this.
Before Corvette clients used to go to another Chevy dealership Richie was at prior to Abel.

They came from all over and drove a distance to get their Corvettes serviced and repaired.

Then Ritchie left that dealership and everyone followed him to Abel because of the excellent customer service he provided.

Last edited by LS WON; 01-23-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Go where you want but dont intimate that Abel, some 75-90+ miles from most of the Bay Area, is the only worthwhile dealer around.
The key here is one's definition of "worthwhile".

As was pointed out, the reason that so many NorCal Corvette owners make the trek to Abel is that both you and your car get 5-star treatment in all respects. You are decidedly more than just "another cow through the chute" and in most cases your car gets the same mechanic on every visit (unless it's something really basic like an oil change.) I was there on Wednesday - oil change, new driver's seat upholstery, checked out noises and clunks, steering sensor replaced (random "service active handling" codes), headlamp recall *and* I got to experience Rich's new Z07 (Yow!)

Sure, for many folks any dealer will do for the basics (I ought to say "should" do, given my experience) but for me the drive over to Abel is a nice chance to drive my car a bit, chat with some like-minded folks, get the car up to snuff, and know that I am not being reamed via some BS company trickery/lies/ignorance. And you can also be sure that they won't try to sell you something that you don't need. I can actually talk with "my" mechanic. In fact, he comes looking for me to explain what he's doing, what he's found re: my initial complaints, what he intends to do, gives me options, etc. I've sure never had that happen at any other dealer ever. Ever.

Z//
Old 01-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Plus they go way, way beyond the norm to take care of their customers. There have been several timesw when I had issues at the track on saturday or sunday and have called Rich while on the way back from the track and he's made arrangements for them to open up the service department when they are closed late at night so that I could drop my car off on the way back from the track and put it inside. Any other deler would laugh at you if you asked them to do that!

Quick Reply: Capital Chevy in San Jose...good, bad?