Northern California Northern California

First Corvette, looking for local groups

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Nerevar
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Corvette, looking for local groups

I just picked up my first corvette, a 1992 6-speed LT1 droptop with 90,000 miles. Coming from the bimmer crowd with my track prepped M3 I'm used to a strong local presence for parts, track days, meets etc. and I hope there's a similar presence of corvette owners. I'm also currently looking for a couple items including a bolt on mid pipe and new wheels that I'd like to trade my stock wheels for. Not entirely sure what wheels even fit yet, I'm used to BMW where you can fit pretty much any wheel on any model all the way back to the 70s. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you guys.

Last edited by Nerevar; 01-22-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:20 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Take a look at http://winecountrycorvettes.com/ - good group of folks, mixed ages, no meetings or dues and no requirements, no board and organized by some really hard working earnest people.

While centered in Napa, some of the participants are from Marin, some from Sonoma County and some from the Highway 80 corridor.

Make all kind of runs including the upcoming Rainbow Run that you should not miss, runs all up and down the 101 corridor, Napa Valley and up and down the coast.

Great group..

Welcome,

Nick
Old 01-23-2015, 12:03 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Also check out CorvetteSyndicate.com......... I put on the Rainbow Run, we also have a great group of people in our little group.... Im also involved with a few other clubs like Wine Country and also Delta Corvettes to name a few ....... Welcome to the hood....
Old 01-23-2015, 12:08 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Here's another event right in your back yard - Feb 7.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-feb-7th.html
Old 01-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Nerevar
Cruising

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
Here's another event right in your back yard - Feb 7.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-feb-7th.html
Thanks I'll look into all of those. I work in Napa so it's not an issue for me if they're based out of there. I'll definitely try to get to the cars and coffee and I already go to the monthly one in Novato with my bimmer. I appreciate all the input.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:54 PM
l8te apx
Instructor

Default Cars and Coffee on the 7th at Sonoma

Originally Posted by Nerevar
I just picked up my first corvette, a 1992 6-speed LT1 droptop with 90,000 miles. Coming from the bimmer crowd with my track prepped M3 I'm used to a strong local presence for parts, track days, meets etc. and I hope there's a similar presence of corvette owners. I'm also currently looking for a couple items including a bolt on mid pipe and new wheels that I'd like to trade my stock wheels for. Not entirely sure what wheels even fit yet, I'm used to BMW where you can fit pretty much any wheel on any model all the way back to the 70s. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you guys.
There will be a lot of Corvettes at the Hooked on Driving Cars and Coffee event at Sonoma Raceway. You will have no problem meeting some passionate Corvette people. Say Hi to Richie from Abel Chevrolet with his new Z06 and a lot more. See you there. 9:00 and it is Free.

Get notified of new replies

To First Corvette, looking for local groups

Quick Reply: First Corvette, looking for local groups