Northern California Northern California

Solano Autox April 18th 19th

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:47 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Riiiight, helluva welcome mat after just one question....
Old 02-27-2015, 02:38 PM
TitaniumZ51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryL
Riiiight, helluva welcome mat after just one question....
Scroll up and read how you came off. I'm s veteran Autoxer now retired because of health reasons. But I still stand behind the sport and the organizations that put it on. If we didn't have the few clubs that still do this for the love and fun of it, you would have to worry about going to SCCA to get your Autox fix and pay more to play with the real serious guys.

Also as ptroxx said, there is a lot of money and volunteer hours put into this. Yes, you asked a question in a complaining manner. It was petty when you could have just called or emailed the event planner. That's why it seemed as if you were b..., & moaning about working the course and paying $45 to race.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:47 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Nice video John, was it in slow motion? Just kidding.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 146 Posts

Kimmer....not my car. I keep the camera pointed to the rear so I know where I was....and to see the cones flying in the air. It gives me the chance to review the movie and count the cones that landed upright and not on their sides. I think you should get bonus points for the cones that land upright!

It is NEXT WEEKEND...just a reminder.

If you know someone with a Corvette that has never tired this before, ask them to join you. If they don't feel comfortable driving, let them be your passenger. After one run in your car.....they will stay off the track..... No...really most are hooked and come back again.

It is great fun and lets you learn to be a better driver and learn the capabilities of your car. Join us next weekend.

Last edited by John A. Marker; 04-10-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:39 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Just a reminder that the first AutoX is this weekend... Solano Community College Come out and have a great time enjoying your cars and visiting friends .....
Old 04-14-2015, 08:03 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

ill have to make it to one of your events sooner or later...
Old 04-16-2015, 11:54 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Weather is going to be great for this weekends AutoX..... come out and have some fun..
Old 04-17-2015, 10:37 AM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 146 Posts

Come out and watch if your unsure if you want to drive. You could probably ride with one of us to get the first hand perspective.

OR be brave and try running yourself. Just drive your car with a newbe attitude that those with more experience will run faster than you. You may think that just because you have been driving for years that you will be competitive with those other drivers. Wrong attitude, just drive the best you can and compete with yourself. You will surprise yourself at the capabilities of your car ...... even with you driving. As you get more experience with autocross, you will improve and start to push your driving limits as they expand and get more comfortable with your car.

You will see some amazing cars and drivers and like Richie, Carrie and others. You will have cars on the course from C1's thru C7's. If you want to be humbled compare your driving to Carrie (a young sprite of a woman) that will put your driving to shame. When I first started, I thought I was a decent driver only to have my friends 16 year old daughter beat my best time by 10 seconds. Now, she was driving a much newer modified car...but really 10 seconds! In the end, it doesn't matter we all had a great time.

Join us Saturday and or Sunday. Sunday it is the same course layout. But we run it in the reverse direction from Saturday. It is interesting that some times you can be 2-4 seconds faster just running it the reverse direction.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:28 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

I'll be at crows landing this weekend otherwise it would have been a good option to try out.

Quick Reply: Solano Autox April 18th 19th