Northern California Northern California

Where in the Bay Area to get racers' custom ear plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 04:53 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,034 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Default Where in the Bay Area to get racers' custom ear plugs?

I recently lost my custom ear protectors that I wore for shooting and racing. They were the kind made my squeezing liquid vinyl into your ear and waiting for it to harden, so they were customized for my ears only. Does anyone know where I can get a new pair made in the Bay Area? Or do you know of a really good ear plug/protector that fits entirely within the ear and doesn't need to be customized but is available at some store? Thanks for any suggestions.

Lou
Old 02-22-2015, 09:36 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by LouieM
I recently lost my custom ear protectors that I wore for shooting and racing. They were the kind made my squeezing liquid vinyl into your ear and waiting for it to harden, so they were customized for my ears only. Does anyone know where I can get a new pair made in the Bay Area? Or do you know of a really good ear plug/protector that fits entirely within the ear and doesn't need to be customized but is available at some store? Thanks for any suggestions.

Lou
Guns fishing and stuff or whatever their name is in Dublin has a pamphlet with some ladies name and info that does them on their counter back in the pistol area.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:07 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Most gun shops carry Radians Do-It-Yourself Custom Molded Ear Plug kit. Comes in several colors. Check it out, sounds like this is the product you had...

Old 02-24-2015, 12:33 AM
LouieM
Race Director

Originally Posted by 50 4Ever
Most gun shops carry Radians Do-It-Yourself Custom Molded Ear Plug kit. Comes in several colors. Check it out, sounds like this is the product you had...

These look great, thanks! I had a different kind, made of liquid that was put in the ear with a syringe to harden, but the Radians ones look just as good. I'll call a gun shop tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:35 PM
LouieM
Race Director

I went shopping online when the Radians do-it-yourself ear plugs were not in any gun store anywhere nearby. I got these Surefire EP4 units in the link below, for $12.87 on Amazon. I got same-day delivery, the plugs fit beautifully and they work better than the custom plugs I had before. They're rated 24 out of 29 on the ear protection scale. I esp. like that there is a cord connecting the plugs, so if you drop one it won't hit the floor. I got the flesh tone ones, so they're essentially invisible when worn.
Amazon.com: Surefire EP4 Sonic Defender Ear Protection, Medium: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Surefire EP4 Sonic Defender Ear Protection, Medium: Sports & Outdoors
Old 02-27-2015, 04:13 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Look good
Old 02-27-2015, 05:15 PM
carhauler287
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ear Portection

Originally Posted by LouieM

Lou
I'm a trap shooter. Got mine from Custom Ear Protection. Don comes to shoot all over Nor Cal. Email him a customearprotection.com or phone at510 847 3221 to find out if he will be some place to you. I think he lives in Oakland.
Good Luck

Get notified of new replies

To Where in the Bay Area to get racers' custom ear plugs?

Quick Reply: Where in the Bay Area to get racers' custom ear plugs?