Northern California Northern California

Good place to rent a car trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 06:50 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Good place to rent a car trailer?

whats up guys, i need to tow my c6 vette soon. Last time I did this I rented a Uhaul trailer and it was an absolute disaster and I won't do that again. Way too hard to get C6 on and off and absurdly heavy/crappy trailer.

Where is a good place in norcal to rent a car trailer?
Old 03-12-2015, 10:09 AM
C6DuffMan
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neverstop
whats up guys, i need to tow my c6 vette soon. Last time I did this I rented a Uhaul trailer and it was an absolute disaster and I won't do that again. Way too hard to get C6 on and off and absurdly heavy/crappy trailer.

Where is a good place in norcal to rent a car trailer?
This place has tons of trailers. http://www.fjmtruckcenter.com/rentals-trailers.html

Yeah, u-hauls are a pain for C5 and C6s'. However, I just towed my 71 C3 with one and it was awesome. Worked great and no clearance issues.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:15 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

don't do it! haha.....it's certainly possible and I did it a few times but will do my best to never do that again! with widebody fenders there was literally 1/2" of clearance on each side. and nearly ALL the weight is on the tongue side of the trailer. It's worth it to pay more to get a better trailer imo and the whole time loading/unloading I was worried I was going to hurt my car in some way.

thanks for the link to FJM, their car trailer looks perfect. That's a ways from where I'm at though so I ended up finding this place

http://sanmateorentals.biz/equipment...ry&category=89

and just reserved my trailer through them so I'll post feedback once I am done with it in April for others in the area.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:48 PM
tchapma1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have rented a 20ft enclosed off a guy in San Jose for $60-$70 a day. I have done it 3-4 times now, easy to deal with, very friendly. I found him on CL, Carlos (408) 386-3813

Get notified of new replies

To Good place to rent a car trailer?

Quick Reply: Good place to rent a car trailer?