Northern California Northern California

Buttonwillow April 16

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:25 PM
FredSM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buttonwillow April 16

Come join the fun with HOD before it gets too hot. Expect a LOT of track time. Race config #13 (counter-clockwise). And, as a bonus, you get to whoop up on me in the jellybean which, I can tell you, is good for 112MPH on the drag strip . . . which is about the same as when dropped from a plane and equal to 1MPH for every HP.

http://www.hookedondriving.com

Ken Dobson will be there (after all, it is his track day!), so make sure and quiz him about his latest pro ride . . . pretty unbelievable.

FM

Last edited by FredSM; 04-01-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:20 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Not NorCal

For those who have some difficulty finding the info on the 4/16 event, here's the link:
http://www.hookedondriving.com/details/Buttonwill.cfm

Think SoCal...
Old 04-01-2015, 11:20 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Only one day at Buttonwillow this year with HOD?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM
FredSM
Drifting

Originally Posted by moose.b3
Only one day at Buttonwillow this year with HOD?
Actually, this will be HOD's second Buttonwillow event this year. But still a good question. I expect to see several more SoCal events in the coming months and, depending on turnout, I wouldn't be surprised if HOD returns to Fontana before year's end. Corvettes on the high bank . . . who is not gonna' love that! And the infield road course is equally fun. The NorCal staff still talks about last year's trip to AutoClub Speedway. Keep checking the schedule and as soon as I hear anything solid I'll post it up here . . .

SoCal is its own HOD region operated by Ken Dobson. While Ken builds up his SoCal staff, you'll continue to see us Northerners pitching in. From my perch in Livermore there's not a lot of difference between going to Thunderhill or Buttonwillow.

Hope to see you there . . .

FM
Old 04-17-2015, 09:51 AM
FredSM
Drifting

Default Update

Awesome event. Small car count and more track time than we could stand! Did the #13 configuration CCW which I personally really like. Very, very fast with some serious challenges. Thanks to the folks who showed up on a weekday (yes, there were a couple C7s).

Word is HOD SoCal will return to BW in September. Just too darned hot between now and then and Ken is off doing the 24 hrs of Nurburgring. What a hardship, eh? Oh, check out this month's Road and Track. That's the car he's driving on the cover! Holy Schmokes!

And, a Fontana date is getting more real . . .

FM

Get notified of new replies

To Buttonwillow April 16

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow April 16