LS7 expert shop near Palo Alto

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:28 PM
t32bt32b
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 expert shop near Palo Alto

Hello,
I have a mid-engine race/street car with an LS7 crate engine. Great motor but the oil pressure sensor is mounted next to the oil filter and reads very high (96lbs at startup; 68lbs at warm idle, over 100lbs if I pedal it). I'd like to have it moved to the end of the valley plate. I understand that is a standard location and provides an accurate reading.
So I was hoping to find a shop that will move the sensor as I don't feel comfortable doing it myself. I visited a shop in MTV and they were very knowledgeable and helpful but didn't seem anxious to jump in and do the work. He also felt that a 90-100lb reading is fine and I should just get used to it. Not sure I want to go that route. BTW it connects to a RacePak dash display.
Any suggestions for a shop to take on the work?
Thx,
V
Old 05-04-2015, 11:41 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, TC Design in Campbell. Tony and Joe can do this and check everything over to make sure it's done right. Tell them Bill from corvette forum sent you.

http://www.tcdesignfab.com/
Old 05-05-2015, 12:04 AM
t32bt32b
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
Yes, TC Design in Campbell. Tony and Joe can do this and check everything over to make sure it's done right. Tell them Bill from corvette forum sent you.

http://www.tcdesignfab.com/
Thank you. I'll call them. Any other suggestions?
T
Old 05-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Grand Slam
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by t32bt32b
Thank you. I'll call them. Any other suggestions?
T
North Star Automotive in Mt. View. Call David Bonar at (650) 969-3134
Old 05-06-2015, 10:20 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by t32bt32b
Hello,
I have a mid-engine race/street car with an LS7 crate engine. Great motor but the oil pressure sensor is mounted next to the oil filter and reads very high (96lbs at startup; 68lbs at warm idle, over 100lbs if I pedal it). I'd like to have it moved to the end of the valley plate. I understand that is a standard location and provides an accurate reading.
So I was hoping to find a shop that will move the sensor as I don't feel comfortable doing it myself. I visited a shop in MTV and they were very knowledgeable and helpful but didn't seem anxious to jump in and do the work. He also felt that a 90-100lb reading is fine and I should just get used to it. Not sure I want to go that route. BTW it connects to a RacePak dash display.
Any suggestions for a shop to take on the work?
Thx,
V
I would assume that you have a Factory Five or something similar based on it being a mid engine street/track car. The readings that you're getting are actually pretty close to what you'll likely see up at the valley cover +/- 7-10 pounds. The LS7's make higher oil pressure than most other GM engines. If the sensor is reading 90-100 PSI at that location then you have 90-100 PSI at that location.

We have a Factory Five customer that just got done building his and brings it to us for issues that are over his head. We would have no issues helping you out, but we are a little distance from Palo Alto.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:58 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Driving the exta miles to have Rich at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista will be worth it. Forum members from around the Bay Area (including myself) and farther have made the drive to assure flawless workmanship and service.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 expert shop near Palo Alto

Quick Reply: LS7 expert shop near Palo Alto