Hp Tuners: Could use a little help

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 04:08 PM
jpandes
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Hp Tuners: Could use a little help

Hi,

I have HP Tuners Pro and an AEM wideband installed in my H/CE/LT's 03 Z06. I'd like to meet up with someone local who has decent experience tuning their own car(s) with HP Tuners.

I initially bought HP tuners because I was frustrated with the tunes and level of service that I got from local shops with supposed "expert tuners". The tunes were safe and made good power at WOT, however not much thought was put into drivability. For instance, my car always idled incredibly rich, after getting the wideband I saw that my idle was at 10.8 AFR! I also had a hanging idle when coasting to a stop at 1,800 rpm that supposedly nobody knew how to fix.

After getting HP tuners and doing a lot of reading and play around I been able to get my idle pretty smooth and the AFR's are ~ 14.7 and fixed the hanging idle.

I really could use a little advice / direction on how to go about dialing-in my VE tables. My STFT/LTFT's are high. I also noticed that the injector data are used in my car was left stock even though I had upgraded fuel injectors (SVO red tops), onfirmed byGreg banishes Excel sheet in his DVD set: Calibrated Success.

So, if anyone local is willing and able to meet up and give me some pointers on how to properly tune my car, I'd really appreciate it! Many Beers and Lunch is on me!

TIA,

John
Redwood City

Quick Reply: Hp Tuners: Could use a little help