Northern California Northern California

Muffler shop

Old 05-29-2015, 11:36 AM
ss_dave
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler shop

Any recommendation on a good muffler shop in Bay Area, (South Bay) want to get my new set up mounted this weekend
Old 06-02-2015, 04:29 PM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by ss_dave
Any recommendation on a good muffler shop in Bay Area, (South Bay) want to get my new set up mounted this weekend
Sounds of Speed Performance
2555 Lafayette St STE 104
Santa Clara
(408) 987-9553
Jon and Mitch
The following 2 users liked this post by gr86ss:
Blue Batman (03-01-2017), Nordic_Samurai (06-10-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Blue Batman
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gr86ss
Sounds of Speed Performance
2555 Lafayette St STE 104
Santa Clara
(408) 987-9553
Jon and Mitch
Saw your post. These guys installing my borla pipes tomorrow. One of the nicest cleanest shops I've seen. The pedigree of cars they had in their along with the reviews make me feel like I'm making the right choice for these guys to do the work. Will update tomorrow.
The following users liked this post:
Nordic_Samurai (06-10-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 01:19 AM
jattz06
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

Minute muffler in Dublin. They have worked on my c5z and my truck. Good people
Old 03-01-2017, 11:24 PM
spireland
Melting Slicks

Received 2,147 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Batman
Saw your post. These guys installing my borla pipes tomorrow. One of the nicest cleanest shops I've seen. The pedigree of cars they had in their along with the reviews make me feel like I'm making the right choice for these guys to do the work. Will update tomorrow.
How was the work? I'm actually looking at doing some Borla Cat Backs for my C7.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Blue Batman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spireland
How was the work? I'm actually looking at doing some Borla Cat Backs for my C7.
First off, I have to preface this with I never like anyone to work on my car but me. I was hesitant for anyone's to be working on my baby so I did a lot of research and scouting these guys before I chose to let them do the work. Their yelp alone is a perfect rating with tons of reviews.

With that said, I would give these guys/shop the highest praise any mechanic shop can get. It's a two person outfit. Jon and Mitch. Their shop was so organized and filled with hot rods and other cars of value. They are truly car guys, no bullshit dudes. We chatted a lot and they showed me the projects they are working on while I was their. They have a waiting room with huge windows where you can watch them work on your car not even 10 feet from where your sitting. Many times they let me take a walk under the rack to see things under my vette.

What impressed me the most was how they took their time to do the job right and neatly. There was never any pressure and they called it as they see it. By the time I left I felt I made some cool friends and I would let them work on my baby anytime.

They did negotiate the price with me and it was fair. Not the cheapest I found but the comfort and knowledge of knowing that quality people were working on my car and doing it right was well worth the compromise. I plan to go back to them for anything I may need help with in the future.

I highly highly recommend.

***sidenote I was looking to do cat back borla as well. I already have the performance exhaust. I decided to start with a borla xpipe. YouTube clips don't do it justice but it really wakes up the car when you get in the throttle. Absolutely a gain in volume but nothing crazy. Enough for someone to notice. This is what the car should have sounded like out the factory. Get the nice burple sounds as well if you're into that. It's a good start for $450 bucks instead of $2k. I figured if I wanted more I'd add the cat back later. But for now this sounds way good enough.

Last edited by Blue Batman; 03-01-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Nordic_Samurai
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

I wanted to see if there any other recommendations or recent installs with feedback, specifically for a C7. Looking to install a Corsa cat back system.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Callmon
Intermediate

Default Quickway Muffler

San Jose close to winchester &Stevens Creek BLVD.

Get notified of new replies

To Muffler shop

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Muffler shop