Northern California Northern California

Abel Chevrolet / Hooked On Driving Present Hooked on Corvettes Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:32 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Abel Chevrolet / Hooked On Driving Present Hooked on Corvettes Track Day

This year Abel Chevrolet has partnered up with Hooked on Driving to sponsor Hooked on Corvettes at Thunderhill. Each year HOD does an all Corvette track day and this year we've jumped on board to try and make it the best one ever.

The date is Thursday October 15th at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows. For those that have never been, it is one of the best track days you can attend each year. Hooked on Driving has some of the best instructors available and they will make anybody comfortable on track.

Abel Chevrolet will have track support on hand (technicians and tools) in case anybody needs any assistance.

HERE IS THE COOL PART....

Abel Chevrolet will be giving away TWO free entries for the event.

Here is how you win. For every Service visit at the dealership between now and August 31, 2015, we will enter your name into the drawing. On Tuesday Sept 1, 2015 we will draw two names that will get a free entry to the Hooked on Corvettes track day. Because we also do a lot of performance work on Camaros, CTS-Vs and other GM models, if the winner does not own a Corvette then they will have the option of signing up for the following day which is on the 5 mile course.

Every service visit earns you an entry so the more times you get your car serviced, the more chances you have to win. Everything from an oil change to an engine replacement will earn an entry.

Post up if you plan on attending the event and let's try to fill every available slot.

RICH
Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
This year Abel Chevrolet has partnered up with Hooked on Driving to sponsor Hooked on Corvettes at Thunderhill. Each year HOD does an all Corvette track day and this year we've jumped on board to try and make it the best one ever.

The date is Thursday October 15th at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows. For those that have never been, it is one of the best track days you can attend each year. Hooked on Driving has some of the best instructors available and they will make anybody comfortable on track.

Abel Chevrolet will have track support on hand (technicians and tools) in case anybody needs any assistance.

HERE IS THE COOL PART....

Abel Chevrolet will be giving away TWO free entries for the event.

Here is how you win. For every Service visit at the dealership between now and August 31, 2015, we will enter your name into the drawing. On Tuesday Sept 1, 2015 we will draw two names that will get a free entry to the Hooked on Corvettes track day. Because we also do a lot of performance work on Camaros, CTS-Vs and other GM models, if the winner does not own a Corvette then they will have the option of signing up for the following day which is on the 5 mile course.

Every service visit earns you an entry so the more times you get your car serviced, the more chances you have to win. Everything from an oil change to an engine replacement will earn an entry.

Post up if you plan on attending the event and let's try to fill every available slot.

RICH
Very Cool Rich!! I'm planning to attend this event on the 15th (providing I don't blow it up at the VM Drag Races on Oct. 4th). Keith
Old 06-03-2015, 01:23 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I will be there.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:04 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm registered

Rich, what if the winner is already registered? Will it be good for next year???
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 50 4Ever
I'm registered

Rich, what if the winner is already registered? Will it be good for next year???
We will work something out via credit with HOD or something.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:29 AM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Can someone PM wtih some details about Hooked on Driving event please??
I have never been to a track and would like to
Old 06-04-2015, 10:50 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Jcbarr25
I will PM you this link as well, but here is a little about Hooked on Driving...

Hooked On Driving (HOD) is a community of individuals who share a passion for driving their cars. Founded in 2004, HOD has the goal of being the first true, trusted national brand of performance driving programs, and is well on the way to accomplishing this goal. Hooked On Driving currently operates in 6 key regions of the U.S. including: Northern California/Reno, Northeast U.S., Florida, Great Lakes, Southern States, and the Pacific Northwest. Drivers are welcome to travel from one region to another and participate with their own cars, or contact the Region owner to arrange an "arrive and drive" rental.

HOD is primarily focused on providing high performance driver training for those with capable cars, in the controlled environment of a race course – with NO competition or training for competition. All that is needed to participate is a safe, well maintained and reliable car, and an auto racing helmet with an SA 2005 designation or newer.

Most regions have resources for cars to rent for the program. With a focus on safety, coaching, learning and fun, HOD drivers are able to experience their cars at a higher level on a track than would be safe or prudent on the public highways. As a result, drivers gain a new appreciation of their car – its capabilities, strengths and weaknesses; as well as their own skills as a driver and the need to develop those skills.
Oh, and by the way, they have a TON OF FUN! - See more at: http://www.hookedondriving.com/first....7QOQAR2j.dpuf

I highly recommend them for first timers due to the emphasis they have on safety and fun. Their instructors are great and will definitley make you comfortable on the track and around other cars on track.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:31 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Perfect timing. I need to have some work done on the Corvette and I am planning on going to my 4th Corvette day with HOD. Abel Chevrolet and HOD, both great organizations.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:49 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

There is a cruise from Maxwell the day before that ends at Thunderhill. Details are on the Hooked on Driving website in the Non-Driving Events section. This is always fun, last year we did parade laps on the new 5 mile track.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

I will PM you this link as well, but here is a little about Hooked on Driving...

Hooked On Driving (HOD) is a community of individuals who share a passion for driving their cars. Founded in 2004, HOD has the goal of being the first true, trusted national brand of performance driving programs, and is well on the way to accomplishing this goal. Hooked On Driving currently operates in 6 key regions of the U.S. including: Northern California/Reno, Northeast U.S., Florida, Great Lakes, Southern States, and the Pacific Northwest. Drivers are welcome to travel from one region to another and participate with their own cars, or contact the Region owner to arrange an "arrive and drive" rental.

HOD is primarily focused on providing high performance driver training for those with capable cars, in the controlled environment of a race course – with NO competition or training for competition. All that is needed to participate is a safe, well maintained and reliable car, and an auto racing helmet with an SA 2005 designation or newer.

Most regions have resources for cars to rent for the program. With a focus on safety, coaching, learning and fun, HOD drivers are able to experience their cars at a higher level on a track than would be safe or prudent on the public highways. As a result, drivers gain a new appreciation of their car – its capabilities, strengths and weaknesses; as well as their own skills as a driver and the need to develop those skills.
Oh, and by the way, they have a TON OF FUN! - See more at: http://www.hookedondriving.com/first....7QOQAR2j.dpuf

I highly recommend them for first timers due to the emphasis they have on safety and fun. Their instructors are great and will definitley make you comfortable on the track and around other cars on track.
Richie,

Thanks for the info. It seems fun. I think I want to do it. Just nervous I guess.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Jcbarr25
Burning Brakes

There is a cruise from Maxwell the day before that ends at Thunderhill. Details are on the Hooked on Driving website in the Non-Driving Events section. This is always fun, last year we did parade laps on the new 5 mile track.

Well I guess why not try it. I've always wanted to do this. Maybe I will make this my first year.
Thanks guys
Old 06-08-2015, 04:58 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Well I guess why not try it. I've always wanted to do this. Maybe I will make this my first year.
Thanks guys
Hope to see you up there...

Old 06-17-2015, 12:04 PM
srfdbc7
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just signed up for the event and look forward to meeting other Corvette owners and spending some time on track. I have been doing track days/TT/racing with NASA since 2011 in my 1997 Camaro and late model stock car. I previously owned a 2002 Z06 and sold it a before I got hooked on track days. I sold the Camaro and wanted a car that I could drive to the track during the week. I went looking for another C5 Z06 and found a low mile 2001 with updated suspension and engine modifications, for some reason I like this one more than my 2002. I look forward to seeing everyone in October if not before.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:34 AM
FredSM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys
And so it begins . . . hope your journey is as fun as mine. Easily half or more of my friends are now HOD or in some way track related . . . and it started when 50 4Ever took me to my first track day in 2007. And when my C6 needed some TLC, I used to drive an hour one way just to get it to Able. Fact. Speaking of which . . . Hey Rich . . . you got a spare 4-banger laying round the shop?

I was one of the nay-sayers who thought that parade laps with that many cars would never work in the time we had available. I was wrong. You guys were fanfreakintastic Doug!

Originally Posted by srfdbc7
I just signed up for the event and look forward to meeting other Corvette owners and spending some time on track. I have been doing track days/TT/racing with NASA since 2011 in my 1997 Camaro and late model stock car. I previously owned a 2002 Z06 and sold it a before I got hooked on track days. I sold the Camaro and wanted a car that I could drive to the track during the week. I went looking for another C5 Z06 and found a low mile 2001 with updated suspension and engine modifications, for some reason I like this one more than my 2002. I look forward to seeing everyone in October if not before.
Hope to see you there . . . look for the nerdy guy who is faster pedaling against the wind on his bike in the paddock than on the track . . . that'd be me.

FM
Old 06-18-2015, 09:49 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by FredSM
And so it begins . . . hope your journey is as fun as mine. Easily half or more of my friends are now HOD or in some way track related . . . and it started when 50 4Ever took me to my first track day in 2007. And when my C6 needed some TLC, I used to drive an hour one way just to get it to Able. Fact. Speaking of which . . . Hey Rich . . . you got a spare 4-banger laying round the shop?

FM
I think we can get the saw out and wedge a LS1 in that thing.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:25 AM
KFehling
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does my service last week count for an entry?

Kurt
Old 06-18-2015, 01:33 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by KFehling
Does my service last week count for an entry?

Kurt
Yes, did they not ask you for a business card?

Get notified of new replies

To Abel Chevrolet / Hooked On Driving Present Hooked on Corvettes Track Day

Old 06-22-2015, 12:31 AM
KFehling
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, did they not ask you for a business card?
Nope. But just scribble my name on one of yours and drop it in...if that works ok.

Thanks too!

Kurt
Old 06-22-2015, 10:41 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by KFehling
Nope. But just scribble my name on one of yours and drop it in...if that works ok.

Thanks too!

Kurt
Will do!
Old 07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Just wanted to bump this one back to the top for those that haven't seen it yet.

RICH

Quick Reply: Abel Chevrolet / Hooked On Driving Present Hooked on Corvettes Track Day