Northern California Northern California

Fairfield man injured in fireworks explosion had a Vette in his driveway

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

Default Fairfield man injured in fireworks explosion had a Vette in his driveway

Does anybody know this man?

A 42-year-old California man is severely burned and is facing life-threatning injures Wednesday after an explosion occurred while he was assembling fireworks at his home.

Officers found 42-year-old Anthony Stewart, from Fairfield, Calif., with severe burns across his body.

Police say 911 callers in Fairfield reported a loud explosion along Catlin Drive, off of E. Tabor Avenue, just after 5 p.m. Wednesday. They also reported that a man was lying on the ground in front of the house.

http://sacramento.suntimes.com/sac-n...orks-explosion
Old 06-19-2015, 02:05 AM
geewez
Melting Slicks

Received 225 Likes on 119 Posts

He's lucky to be alive (For now). Similar to the incident in San Francisco years ago on 19th Ave. where an idiot was making M1000s in his garage when a spark caused them to go off. The explosions not only blew him through the downstairs garage wall but knocked the house off of its foundation too. He lived but was in a lot of pain for a long time.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:04 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Dang...that sucks. Hope he recovers.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Mixed feeling here. On one hand I feel bad for his suffering but on the other he had no business fooling around and my dog is happy about one less fool blowing off explosives.

In a suburb setting the noise really makes house hold pets go crazy scared.

Not looking forward to the 4th at all for fear of my older dog's well being.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:35 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Mixed feeling here. On one hand I feel bad for his suffering but on the other he had no business fooling around and my dog is happy about one less fool blowing off explosives.

I hear ya...
Old 06-19-2015, 09:20 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why go to the trouble of making them when you can buy them pretty much anywhere right now (Chinatown you just practically call ahead for an order and go pick it up). Mortars, M1000's huge star-bursts etc..
I love big loud explosions, always have since I was a little kid growing up in Texas where all that was legal and still is.
Packing your own fireworks isnt rocket science, but to have it blow up while making it is pure stupidity not knowing what you are doing (and its so simple).
This year we are gonna set off so much stuff its gonna sound like a mortar barrage going on.

But a Corvette in the driveway, OMG the whole Vette community must be stunned a Vette owner was doing this.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 06-19-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:59 PM
64vetteorig
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Last year my pal had a mortar from China town, it failed and blew a little chunk of it's tube into another persons chest and a bunch of plastic shrapnel into the other guys hand (the guy lighting it).
Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111

Old 07-02-2015, 03:00 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06supercharged
Why go to the trouble of making them when you can buy them pretty much anywhere right now (Chinatown you just practically call ahead for an order and go pick it up). Mortars, M1000's huge star-bursts etc..
I love big loud explosions, always have since I was a little kid growing up in Texas where all that was legal and still is.
Packing your own fireworks isnt rocket science, but to have it blow up while making it is pure stupidity not knowing what you are doing (and its so simple).
This year we are gonna set off so much stuff its gonna sound like a mortar barrage going on.

But a Corvette in the driveway, OMG the whole Vette community must be stunned a Vette owner was doing this.
You have to remember that this is the Republik of Kalifornia.
Everything here is illegal, makes it citizens criminals, is expensive with stupid laws to get revenue and your $$$$$ It always has been. You don't have the freedoms that you have in Texas. We are losing alot of businesses here that leave the Republik and go to Texas. They use this all in the name of of public safety well truth is it's a deception for revenue collectors which will cost you alot more $$$ to live and do business here.
Unfortunately I grew up here and found the the hard way is how I know better now.

Get notified of new replies

To Fairfield man injured in fireworks explosion had a Vette in his driveway

Quick Reply: Fairfield man injured in fireworks explosion had a Vette in his driveway