Raceworz 2015 Car Show & Drag Race @ Sacramento Raceway August 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Spider Vette
I will be out there!!! Say whats up!!! Nice to meet more Board members
Hey Spider, thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself yesterday at Sacramento Raceway. It is nice to put a face to your forum handle.

Even though I had a good time yesterday (and set a new personal best MPH (136 @ 11.05), I don't know if I will attend this event again. We were there when they started making passes at 3PM and didn't leave until 9pm and only got to make 4 passes. There were a ton of cars there with ~95% being import tuner cars. Other than us 3 South Valley Corvette club guys, I think that I only saw 1 or maybe 2 other Corvettes running their cars. The good news is that they will let '08 and newer Corvettes run down to 10.00 without a roll bar. I'm hoping they will have the same rules for the Corvette Magic event in October.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Spider Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
Hey Spider, thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself yesterday at Sacramento Raceway. It is nice to put a face to your forum handle.

Even though I had a good time yesterday (and set a new personal best MPH (136 @ 11.05), I don't know if I will attend this event again. We were there when they started making passes at 3PM and didn't leave until 9pm and only got to make 4 passes. There were a ton of cars there with ~95% being import tuner cars. Other than us 3 South Valley Corvette club guys, I think that I only saw 1 or maybe 2 other Corvettes running their cars. The good news is that they will let '08 and newer Corvettes run down to 10.00 without a roll bar. I'm hoping they will have the same rules for the Corvette Magic event in October.
Yes It was nice meeting you!!!! Very nice car & Yes this was an Import show mainly!!! But on the 29th A Televised event.

No Excuses Round 2
Team Boddie Racing presents No Excuses Round 2.
Grudge-style event.
When
Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:30pm – 8pm Pacific Time
Where
Sacramento Raceway Park, 5305 Excelsior Road, Sacramento, CA 95827, United States
Old 08-23-2015, 01:52 PM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I usually have better results on the regular wednesday nights. If you get there when racing starts at 5 you can usually get around 7-15 runs in depending on how many people are there. Gone 10.50s with just the fire jacket and helmet with no issues.

I didnt end up racing due to the long waits to race. Im not patient enough for that on a hot day.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by C6David
I usually have better results on the regular wednesday nights. If you get there when racing starts at 5 you can usually get around 7-15 runs in depending on how many people are there. Gone 10.50s with just the fire jacket and helmet with no issues.

I didnt end up racing due to the long waits to race. Im not patient enough for that on a hot day.
Yeah, I don't blame you for not racing yesterday due to the long waits between runs. I wish that I were as close to Sac as you in order to go there on Wednesday nights. It took us 2.5 hours to get there from Gilroy with "light" traffic yesterday. On a Wednesday evening it would take 3.5 to 4 hours to get there with commute traffic.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:57 PM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh ya thats a drive. Its usually a little over an hour for me.

Quick Reply: Raceworz 2015 Car Show & Drag Race @ Sacramento Raceway August 22nd