Racer

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Beautiful!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Jim McCombe
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
Willie and I are gonna try to line up against each other in the coming weeks but he'll likely beat me since I only have a lowly 2015 (albeit with drag radials).
What I like about this if they do line up against one another, I get to announce it if it's at Sonoma and will know the results of their runs before either Christopher or Willie finds out.

Since they both will be listening on the track radio station (87.9 FM) for their times, I have elected not to announce them and have them wait until they pick up their time slips...

When they decide on a date, you will be able to watch and hear it live on www.1320go.com/sonoma starting at 4 PM Wednesday Nights.
I know Christopher will be at the track this Wednesday night (August 5) to race in the Comp Rod Class with his new ride.
Who knows what Willie will show up in? His old trusty reliable 10 second C4 or will it be the new ride and a race against Christopher?
Let the fun and games begin
Old 08-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim McCombe
What I like about this if they do line up against one another, I get to announce it if it's at Sonoma and will know the results of their runs before either Christopher or Willie finds out.

Since they both will be listening on the track radio station (87.9 FM) for their times, I have elected not to announce them and have them wait until they pick up their time slips...

When they decide on a date, you will be able to watch and hear it live on www.1320go.com/sonoma starting at 4 PM Wednesday Nights.
I know Christopher will be at the track this Wednesday night (August 5) to race in the Comp Rod Class with his new ride.
Who knows what Willie will show up in? His old trusty reliable 10 second C4 or will it be the new ride and a race against Christopher?
LOL, good idea Jim about not announcing the times on Christopher's and Willie's grudge race run.

I will be bringing a few of the South Valley Corvette Club guys along with my heap to Sonoma for tomorrow's Wednesday night drag races for a few test runs since the new cam installation. Is anyone else in the area planning to be there tomorrow evening? Keith
Old 08-04-2015, 11:59 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
LOL, good idea Jim about not announcing the times on Christopher's and Willie's grudge race run.

I will be bringing a few of the South Valley Corvette Club guys along with my heap to Sonoma for tomorrow's Wednesday night drag races for a few test runs since the new cam installation. Is anyone else in the area planning to be there tomorrow evening? Keith
were you at Blackhawk a couple weekends ago? I walked through with my boys.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:29 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Hi Jim, We're still in Waikiki so no racing tomorrow. (Reminds me of decades ago when we used to race our rental car at Hawaii Raceway long since closed.) I only have 60 miles on the new Z so it'll be a little time before it sees the strip. I believe Christopher is madly circling his block trying to get enough street miles to break his car in before racing. I'll be racing the C4 for the next few weeks. Willie
Old 08-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Jim McCombe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 383vett
Hi Jim, We're still in Waikiki so no racing tomorrow. (Reminds me of decades ago when we used to race our rental car at Hawaii Raceway long since closed.) I only have 60 miles on the new Z so it'll be a little time before it sees the strip. I believe Christopher is madly circling his block trying to get enough street miles to break his car in before racing. I'll be racing the C4 for the next few weeks. Willie
So it looks like I will have to wait before I see the 'big" show down between you and Christopher?
Since both of you will be dealing with unknown factors, your absence in Hawaii will give Christopher a bit of extra time to get his car dialed in.

Enjoy your stay in Hawaii, it's one of my favorite places on Earth, especially at Sunset on Waikiki Beach
Aloha and Mahalo
Old 08-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Jim McCombe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Boat Racer

Sound good to me Keith!
If you know what's good for yourself, you better bring Sandy with you else you will not get any name recognition when you run
Old 08-04-2015, 02:32 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

So it looks like I will have to wait before I see the 'big" show down between you and Christopher?
Since both of you will be dealing with unknown factors, your absence in Hawaii will give Christopher a bit of extra time to get his car dialed in.

Enjoy your stay in Hawaii, it's one of my favorite places on Earth, especially at Sunset on Waikiki Beach
Aloha and Mahalo
I'm planning on learning all the intricacies of how to launch the car effectively and then tell Willie the exact opposite.

Shh, don't anybody tell Willie my nefarious plan!

Oh wait, this is his thread isn't it?
Old 08-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Jim McCombe
Burning Brakes

I'm planning on learning all the intricacies of how to launch the car effectively and then tell Willie the exact opposite.

You have my word Christopher...mums the word and I promise not to tell Willie or any of his friends.
It will be the best kept secret ever
Old 08-04-2015, 03:48 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

You have my word Christopher...mums the word and I promise not to tell Willie or any of his friends.
It will be the best kept secret ever
Awesome Jim, you're the best.

Without trying to hijack Willie's thread, this is mine:

Old 08-04-2015, 04:29 PM
383vett
Race Director

You don't have to tell me any more Christopher. I'll heed your original suggestion; put the car in Eco mide, leave at idle, slowly ease into the throttle and nail it at the 1000' marker.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:31 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 383vett
You don't have to tell me any more Christopher. I'll heed your original suggestion; put the car in Eco mide, leave at idle, slowly ease into the throttle and nail it at the 1000' marker.
That's exactly what I was planning on telling you.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DUMAN
were you at Blackhawk a couple weekends ago? I walked through with my boys.
Small world for sure. Wish you would have said howdy while you guys were there. Yeah, we had a club run there at Blackhawk on Saturday the 25th. Afterwards, we went over to that Mexican food joint (Prickly Pear Cantina) next door for wonderful lunch.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet Z

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 Z06 arrived

Old 08-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Keith Richards
Drifting

Received 612 Likes on 361 Posts

Congrats Willie! and you too Chris.
Willie, pretty sure that is the fastest color!
Hope to make it out on the 2nd with my slow '98 ;-)

Old 08-26-2015, 01:17 AM
383vett
Race Director

Thanks again, all. Just got my 500 mile oil change with the help of Rich at Abel. I'm ready to start testing the supercharger!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:10 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Sweet ride
Surprised you got it in July

Quick Reply: 2016 Z06 arrived