Northern California Northern California

Thunderhill vids, tips, questions, stories

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 10:50 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Csix Zohsix
That's incredible... I feel like I'm going through 1 and 8 a solid 10 mph slower ... do you absolutely have to have splitter/wing to do this?
I commonly enter T8 around 105-108 MPH with limited aero on our car. I think to get into the 110+ range, you should have aero or extremely large b@lls. T8 is not a place that I would like to go off on exit, especially if it wasn't straight off.

The car in Addison's video had more speed in it, but these were his only 5 laps behind the wheel of it. After driving that car, I was amazed at the level of mechanical grip it has. It's actually very deceiving because it just stays planted under all conditions.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:05 PM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

For those wondering the "new" 5mile is awesome and probably the only way to run Thill after your experience it.

The back section is deceptively fast and technical. I doubt many will be left disappointed. If I ever get back out to Thill, this will be the config. Make sure you have someone do some lead follow laps if you can. I followed Rich and it made life a lot easier and brought me upto speed quickly.

Quick Reply: Thunderhill vids, tips, questions, stories