Hello - Local spots to look for a C5 FRC

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:10 PM
SmellsLikeVictory
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello - Local spots to look for a C5 FRC

Hi all,

I live in the bay area and currently in research mode, for a planned C5 purchase.

Looking to add a well maintained C5 Targa or FRC to my garage. So, time to join the corvette forums! Stock STI hatchback is my daily driving "family car" and the budget is now in a spot to add a 2 seater back into the fleet.

Looking to buy a car that would serve as my weekend/odd-hour canyon car that ideally see a few track days a year at Laguna or Sears Point. No real interest in Auto-X. Plan would be to lightly mod it for performance, while still passing SMOG visually and not be loud enough to get black flagged at Laguna.

I've read through a few of the C5 and LS1 motor threads, figured I'd check in with other local guys about meets / places to buy. Currently just checking craigslist and autotrader. Looks like I just missed the Los Altos event...

Cheers!

Last edited by SmellsLikeVictory; 09-25-2015 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added targa
Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 PM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't know what you are looking to spend, but this is the car I just traded in for a C6 Grand Sport. It is a solid car, has always passed smog and has all the mods you will need for your track days.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5234110586.html
Old 09-25-2015, 11:06 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Don't know what you are looking to spend, but this is the car I just traded in for a C6 Grand Sport. It is a solid car, has always passed smog and has all the mods you will need for your track days.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5234110586.html
Many of us here in the north bay area know this car and Larry very well...This car is an awesome car.... Larry took Great care of it...
Don't pass up an awesome car .....this one is the best you will find in the area ..
Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Many of us here in the north bay area know this car and Larry very well...This car is an awesome car.... Larry took Great care of it...
Don't pass up an awesome car .....this one is the best you will find in the area ..
Thanks George. It is a great car for someone.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:00 PM
SmellsLikeVictory
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like an awesome car, I'm sure it would be great on track, Z06+ level.

The one I'm looking for is likely going to be more rough around the edges (read cheaper) and wearing a few well earned rock chips.

Get notified of new replies

To Hello - Local spots to look for a C5 FRC

Quick Reply: Hello - Local spots to look for a C5 FRC