Northern California Northern California

SoCal HOD 2016 Schedule

Old 01-06-2016, 07:29 AM
FredSM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SoCal HOD 2016 Schedule

Check it out! Our season opener is at Buttonwillow on Friday, February 5th. We'll be doing Phil Hill backwards! Or is that forwards? Hard to know at BRP, but fun either way! If you can't be at BRP on Friday, NorCal HOD is at Sonoma on Sunday (Dang I miss that place!).

HOD is also making its debut at Willow Springs this year! I'd heard mixed stories about WSIR until Dave Ray and I made a recon trip a few months back. It took me 2 laps in the Jelly Bean to decide I wanted to take HOD there. I really like that place. Liked the atmosphere. Fairly close to hotels and eats for overnighters. Track has a really cool new 50's style diner (thanks to PCA, I'm told). One fast track! Begs for horsepower, but even in the Miata I dare say we let 'em know we were in the house. Ya, it's a haul (about 90 minutes further than BRP), but definitely worth the trip a couple times a year.

Have a fantastic year, NorCal. Come visit when you can. You know you're welcome at HOD no matter where we are!

FM
Old 01-21-2016, 10:24 AM
FredSM
Drifting

Default Buttonwillow - Feb 5

Light turnout so far . . . track time is going to be obscene.

https://www.hookedondriving.com/even.../Season_Opener

FM
Old 01-21-2016, 01:28 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

My car is still torn apart for off season repairs/upgrades, but I really want to make it down to BW at least once this year.

Anybody that hasn't ran with HOD or doesn't know Fred, really needs to give them a shot. HOD's environment is not like any other group. The instructors, drivers and everyone involved just seem to be happier and having a better time than most other groups.

Check them out and I guarantee you will have a blast.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:10 AM
FredSM
Drifting

Thanks Richie.

I posted this today: http://j7y.mj.am/nl/j7y/1jo5m.html?a...dondriving.com

NorCal is blessed beyond reason when it comes to road courses, but I think Buttonwillow can hold its own in a comparison.

Don't tell Dave Ray I'm poaching in NorCal! Doesn't matter, though, he can't catch me!

Cheers!

FM
Old 01-27-2016, 11:53 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like fun! Although 13CW is the most popular, the configuration you are running is probably the most technical and fun way to run Buttonwillow. CCW is a blast and it makes the braking much more challenging to get right. Great way to improve driver skill. I'm tempted to go with my miata, but I don't think I can get there that early on Friday morning.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:52 PM
FredSM
Drifting

Originally Posted by redtopz
Sounds like fun! Although 13CW is the most popular, the configuration you are running is probably the most technical and fun way to run Buttonwillow. CCW is a blast and it makes the braking much more challenging to get right. Great way to improve driver skill. I'm tempted to go with my miata, but I don't think I can get there that early on Friday morning.
If you come Bill, I'm puttin' you to work!

FM

Get notified of new replies

To SoCal HOD 2016 Schedule

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SoCal HOD 2016 Schedule