Northern California Northern California

Dyno Day for Corvettes at Starkweather Performance & Tuning on May 7th 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 11:51 AM
LEADFOOT_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll pass on that. you should come down to SoCal. They have Vette shows almost every weekend. Vette show are too common down here. Dyno days are what some of us really like a lot down here not as common thing.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
You should attend the Abel car show on May 21. There's about 300+ vettes there.
Originally Posted by LEADFOOT_
Thanks, I'll pass on that. you should come down to SoCal. They have Vette shows almost every weekend. Vette show are too common down here. Dyno days are what some of us really like a lot down here not as common thing.
Actually its not a show. its more a GTG bring the GM community together ,.. the event is an all GM get together no awards no dropping rags at 11 for judging... More of people getting together and enjoying their cars.... Its a nice fun event right on the delta....
Old 05-04-2016, 06:47 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Hey Troll are you going to this? I was going to pass but if you are showing up I will change my plans and put my car back together. LOL

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Actually its not a show. its more a GTG bring the GM community together ,.. the event is an all GM get together no awards no dropping rags at 11 for judging... More of people getting together and enjoying their cars.... Its a nice fun event right on the delta....
Old 05-04-2016, 07:27 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Am I goi g to the dyno day ? Or the Abel show ? Not sure about dyno day. But for sure Abel show.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:34 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

hope everyone is having a good time. I had some stuff come up.

Last edited by teddyca; 05-07-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:07 PM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Josh / Nate it was good to meet you guys today saw cars with 300+ rwhp to 680 rwhp that White ZL1 was bad to the bone had my Grandsons with me and it was so cool my youngest gs after it pulled said papa that Car is Badass then got this look like oh crap I just said a bad word and I replied you bet it's Badass lol. For those who didn't make it let me say one Clean shop Good people and definitely Family oriented business. Now that we have a tuner in our area I will get my car done and have them tune it. I saw some of the Cars they have done talked to the owners of the cars got their perspective of Starkweather and it looks like a good fit for me.

Pops
Old 05-07-2016, 09:05 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

We all had a great time out there with everyone and thanks to everyone that attended. It was great meeting you all. The guys from the South Bay thanks for taking out to come this way. What was funny Keith your friend Chuck said to me that he seen Josh from somewhere and couldn’t remembered from where until we started talking and I mentioned that these guys were on TV for an episode of the Street Outlaws which surprised him as I got a grin out of him. Again Thanks and we may follow up and have another meeting in mid-October pending on scheduling.

Last edited by SPEEDEMON; 05-07-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:16 PM
odxr
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I went by there in the morning to check the business out and watch a few runs.I am building a 57 210 for a customer with c5 running gear and I am sure it will be there for final tuning.A suggestion-connect the dyno computor to 1 of those power point projectors via bluetooth and show it on the wall in the next room.This would make things safer plus 80% of the people there want to see the dyno computor screen after a run.I would hate to see a tire blow at speed or a car get loose.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEEDEMON
We all had a great time out there with everyone and thanks to everyone that attended. It was great meeting you all. The guys from the South Bay thanks for taking out to come this way. What was funny Keith your friend Chuck said to me that he seen Josh from somewhere and couldn’t remembered from where until we started talking and I mentioned that these guys were on TV for an episode of the Street Outlaws which surprised him as I got a grin out of him. Again Thanks and we may follow up and have another meeting in mid-October pending on scheduling.
Hey Art, it was great to meet you, along with Heidi, Josh, Nate and the rest of the Starkweather team yesterday. Yeah, Chuck has a good memory for faces and before he talked to you, he kept telling me that he had seen some of these guys somewhere before. When you told him that they were on one of the Street Outlaws episodes, it all fell into place. All of us South Valley Corvette club guys had a great time at this very well run event. It's too bad that the minor rain showers kept many other guys from bringing their car out for the dyno day. Starkweather Performance is a very nice and clean facility. I will be contacting them, the next time I need to add more performance capability to my little red grocery getter.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:20 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
Hey Art, it was great to meet you, along with Heidi, Josh, Nate and the rest of the Starkweather team yesterday. Yeah, Chuck has a good memory for faces and before he talked to you, he kept telling me that he had seen some of these guys somewhere before. When you told him that they were on one of the Street Outlaws episodes, it all fell into place. All of us South Valley Corvette club guys had a great time at this very well run event. It's too bad that the minor rain showers kept many other guys from bringing their car out for the dyno day. Starkweather Performance is a very nice and clean facility. I will be contacting them, the next time I need to add more performance capability to my little red grocery getter.
Thanks Keith

Quick Reply: Dyno Day for Corvettes at Starkweather Performance & Tuning on May 7th 2016