Northern California Northern California

Dyno Day for Corvettes at Starkweather Performance & Tuning on May 7th 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 08:07 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Dyno Day for Corvettes at Starkweather Performance & Tuning on May 7th 2016

As requested by some of you a meeting/gathering for a Corvettes Dyno Day at Starkweather Performance. The day will be on May 7th as the first car strapped on the rollers will be at 10:00 am.

They're offering a drawing a free Dyno Run for those that are prepaying before April 25, 2016. If you prepay for your dyno run before that date you’ll have a chance to enter your name into a drawing as they’ll draw for the winner that day and they’ll refund your payment for the dyno run.

In addition to that for those that will be doing the dyno you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 off on a tune if you choose to want a tune after the dyno session.

We have a limit of 40 cars on the dyno for this event. Josh is willing to open his shop up for us on this Saturday. Starkweather has an in ground Dynojet 224 so there's no worries about ground clearance on these Corvettes. The cost is $50.00 per car for 2-pulls and a copy of a dyno sheet is provided with lunch. After the dyno session depending on how many vehicles we dyno Josh would be willing to do tuning for those that want their cars tuned if time permits. The cost for a tune will be $425.00-Natural Aspirated and $525.00-Forced Induction. BBQ lunch will be included with the price of the dyno pulls. We will provide lunch & beverage for $5.00 a person for everyone else.

We’ll also have a simple open show & shine meet for those not participating on the dyno along with the dyno day. The show & shine is a no fee, it’s just getting together showing your cars, meeting new friends, and having a good time.

For those that aren't familiar with Starkweather Performance, Josh Starkweather opened up shop in Turlock about over a year ago after working with Andy at ADM Performance in Lewisville, TX. Josh & Nate specializes in upgrades, tuning on GM vehicles as they have experience on working with the GM Performance.

We'll have our Western Regional Chevrolet Performance Rep from General Motors here to represent the Chevrolet Performance brand product or any questions you might have on the GM brand products.

So if you would like to see what your Corvette can really do on the dyno and have a great day of fun with Corvette only enthusiast then plan on spending a day with us here at Starkweather Performance in Turlock on May 7th.

Please preregister if you want to attend this event and let us know if you're doing the show or dyno by email at: starkweatherperformance@gmail.com

If you're doing the dyno please prepay by Paypal at: starkweatherperformance@gmail.com

Please register so we can get a concrete count on how many cars and persons will be showing up to prepare for this event. Please put on the subject Dyno Day Corvettes and let us know the number of persons coming and number of cars for a dyno spot.

The address for this event is on May 7th 10:am-5Pm: at:
Starkweather Performance & Tuning
351 Walnut Road #11
Turlock, CA 95380

This is an example of their Camaro Dyno Day event earlier in the year:

Last edited by SPEEDEMON; 04-23-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm in. I just sent them an email to confirm. I also sent out an email to a few other of my South Valley club members to advise them of this event.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

I'll be there.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Rocket-J
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I'm in.

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
I'll be there.
Just sent my email.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:51 AM
dkz
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

email sent.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:39 AM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm in. Thanks you setting it up.

--Dan
Old 03-02-2016, 03:53 PM
c7fasteddie
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Speed, just what dose this do for your Vette? Does it get faster or quicker?

Tks.

Also, What does the tune due for Vette ,if one will not track their car? Dose the age of car come into play?

Tks

Last edited by c7fasteddie; 03-02-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:28 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

I think it will be a fun time getting together meeting everyone here in the Valley.

Originally Posted by c7fasteddie
Speed, just what dose this do for your Vette? Does it get faster or quicker?

Tks.

Also, What does the tune due for Vette ,if one will not track their car? Dose the age of car come into play?

Tks

C7fasteddie

Putting the car on the dyno doesn’t make the car any faster or quicker. A dyno is machine or tool to accurately measure the horsepower going to rear wheels which measures your capability of the power going to the rear wheels.

What the tune does is to get into the computer program and optimize the setup for everything to get the maximum on the program. And yes it will make the car faster & quicker unless you don’t know how to drive it.

If you’re not going to track the car and you’re still looking to maximize the program then yes then tune might be a way to go.

Maybe Koua can chime in on this and clarify any of my mistakes?

Mainly this event is to get together have some fun socializing with everyone and having done at Starkweather’s gives some of you a chance to see what your car is really capable of instead of guessing what you have. It would be great to meet new people with the hobby we all enjoy.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:57 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by SPEEDEMON

C7fasteddie

Putting the car on the dyno doesn’t make the car any faster or quicker. A dyno is machine or tool to accurately measure the horsepower going to rear wheels which measures your capability of the power going to the rear wheels.
I would not agree that chassis dynos are an accurate way to measure HP/TQ, but it gives you a rough idea of the power the car makes. The only way to accurately measure HP is an engine dyno. Chassis dynos should be considered a tuning tool, nothing more nothing less.

RICH
Old 03-03-2016, 11:11 AM
gr86ss
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Email sent as well
Old 03-06-2016, 10:29 AM
NavyVette89
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Email sent to attend as well. $50 is an awesome price for this service. I owned a mobile dyno and charged twice that. For those interested I would highly recommend going and setting your baseline with this pricing however if your going to use the numbers as anything more than a bragging tool then you need to keep using the same dyno to get an accurate delta as Rich stated earlier.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:00 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Art- Thanks for putting this together. I talked to Josh a couple months ago and sent him an email just now. I will see everyone there and hopefully making big power.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:51 AM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Originally Posted by teddyca
Art- Thanks for putting this together. I talked to Josh a couple months ago and sent him an email just now. I will see everyone there and hopefully making big power.
Thanks Teddy I'm glad I was able to get this together with Josh as he was kind enough to let us host this event at his place. I'm sure it would be a fun day out there and hoping to see all the Corvettes making monster power.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:05 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

If you’re planning on running your car on the dyno and if you prepay now before April 25th then you’ll have a chance for a drawing to win a free dyno run.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:39 AM
ROADRACER_
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm thinking about going out to this and as $50 to see what the car can do seems reasonable.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:50 AM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

We’re within 2-weeks of this event and They’re trying to get a hard count on how many will be attending this event to prepare for the day. They added specials if you prepaid before April 25, 2016 then you’re entered into a drawing for a “Free Dyno Run”, in addition to that they are going to have drawings for those that will be doing the dyno runs a $100 off on tunes if you’re looking to do a tune after the dyno runs or at a later date. Please register by sending an email and let them know if you’re going on the dyno or just coming for the gathering and how many people so they can prepare for the food. If you want to prepay you can do that through PayPal also. So register or prepay at:

starkweatherperformance@gmail.com
Old 04-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEEDEMON
We’re within 2-weeks of this event and They’re trying to get a hard count on how many will be attending this event to prepare for the day. They added specials if you prepaid before April 25, 2016 then you’re entered into a drawing for a “Free Dyno Run”, in addition to that they are going to have drawings for those that will be doing the dyno runs a $100 off on tunes if you’re looking to do a tune after the dyno runs or at a later date. Please register by sending an email and let them know if you’re going on the dyno or just coming for the gathering and how many people so they can prepare for the food. If you want to prepay you can do that through PayPal also. So register or prepay at:

starkweatherperformance@gmail.com
I registered when this event was first posted but do you know how many people have done that so far?

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno Day for Corvettes at Starkweather Performance & Tuning on May 7th 2016

Old 04-22-2016, 10:20 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

I talked to Heidi Starkweather earlier and she said she talked to quite a few people that was coming that hasn’t registered. She doesn’t have a hard count as a lot of people are calling her over the phone and just saying they’re coming. The ones that prepays by Monday will have a chance to win a free dyno. There are people coming to spectate that hasn’t registered so I guess she can only plan for food for those that registered and the rest can go the restaurants there within walking distance.
The following users liked this post:
Kouasupra (04-22-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 03:20 PM
LEADFOOT_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on my up from SoCal this weekend and hoping to stop into visit this event. Looking forward to coming to NorCal and I'll be here for a couple of weeks in the bay.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by LEADFOOT_
I'm on my up from SoCal this weekend and hoping to stop into visit this event. Looking forward to coming to NorCal and I'll be here for a couple of weeks in the bay.
You should attend the Abel car show on May 21. There's about 300+ vettes there.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day for Corvettes at Starkweather Performance & Tuning on May 7th 2016