Northern California Northern California

Abel Chevrolet Need Another Technician

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 01:35 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Abel Chevrolet Need Another Technician

If anybody knows somebody looking for a position as a GM tech, please send them my way. We just had one of our long time techs retire (Congrats Dennis) and with spring upon us, we really need a tech to keep up with the demand from our awesome customers. Previous GM experience is a must and the more qualified the better.

If you know somebody tired of the long Bay Area commute, stressed out due to working for a corporate dealer group or somebody that would enjoy working for a 3rd generation family owned dealership, please have them inquire. I've even been told that I'm not a bad guy to work for

Pay is very competitive, but based on GM experience. Service employees don't work weekends, we offer full benefits package (employee is 100% paid by us) and a 401k program as part of the job.

PM, email or have them call the dealership if you know anybody interested.

RICH
The following users liked this post:
RanBurVette (05-04-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 04:03 PM
surfinshorte
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

wow 100% paid benefits? You can't beat that! By any chance you looking for an experienced service advisor? haha. (Newly acquired corvette owner) I shall be bringing my car to you soon!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:11 PM
gmtech16450yz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck with the search. I'm kinda interested if you find anyone. I've been at Pearson in Sunnyvale for over 30 years, I've seen a few come and go! It's getting harder and harder to find qualified techs. We've lost 2 really good guys lately to VTA, about 50 years experience and training between the two of them. We also have a BUNCH of guys that will be retiring in the next 5-10 years.

There just isn't anyone that wants to do these jobs anymore. I asked my body shop manager awhile ago how long it's been since he's had a qualified body shop tech walk in and apply for a job. He said it's been so long he couldn't remember! He figured at least 5 years. We've got some new apprentices, but they're really green and just don't have the inherent "fix anything" gene so it's hard to see them being great techs. Most are just parts re-placers, very very few that can diagnose. It's kind of scary really, who is going to be "fixing" all of our things in the future?

Again, good luck on your tech search. Hopefully you'll find someone in your area. I have a GM Journeyman tech friend in Sac that left a dealership job but he just picked up a really good school district maintenance shop job. I'll keep your dealership in mind in case I run across anyone moving or living in your area.

Get notified of new replies

To Abel Chevrolet Need Another Technician

Quick Reply: Abel Chevrolet Need Another Technician