Northern California Northern California

Ethanol-free Gasoline in San Francisco Bay Area

Old 05-13-2016, 11:29 PM
kbuhagiar
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ethanol-free Gasoline in San Francisco Bay Area

Hello Folks,

I am trying to find a source of ethanol-free gasoline in the San Francisco, CA Bay Area. I have the Pure Gas app on my phone, and it indicates that the closest station to me (South San Francisco) is 85 miles away (Cloverdale).

Does anyone know of any other closer sources that are perhaps undocumented or unadvertised?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

I can't help, wish I could as I'm not a fan of E in gas.

Problem with it is, the refiners primarily make a CARBOB blend. It's meant to be on test AFTER the E (10%) is added. That's the bulk of the main recipe. So refineries (I work in one), doesn't have an incentive to make any non-E gas, plus it's mandated to be used in most areas.

Chevron used to be able to make the CAR phase III? recipe with only 5-7% E, but now everyone is mandated to use 10% E.

I wish we had 93 octane available (or higher), instead of the 91 CNA special that's around...

Let us know if you find any.
The following users liked this post:
kbuhagiar (05-14-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 11:39 AM
kbuhagiar
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
I can't help, wish I could as I'm not a fan of E in gas.

Problem with it is, the refiners primarily make a CARBOB blend. It's meant to be on test AFTER the E (10%) is added. That's the bulk of the main recipe. So refineries (I work in one), doesn't have an incentive to make any non-E gas, plus it's mandated to be used in most areas.

Chevron used to be able to make the CAR phase III? recipe with only 5-7% E, but now everyone is mandated to use 10% E.

I wish we had 93 octane available (or higher), instead of the 91 CNA special that's around...

Let us know if you find any.
Thanks for the response.

I'm not really experiencing any problems yet that I can attribute to E gas, but I was just curious if there was a source of the good stuff close by...I've been using fuel stabilizer (Sta-Bil) in my hobby cars, not sure if that is helping but I figure it can't hurt...
Old 05-15-2016, 01:27 AM
odxr
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

no o2 sensors=use av gas.I have a buddy that has used it in his very expensive mercury racing outboard motor for years.Alot of airplanes sit for months in hangers with no fuel problems.The quality/octane is very consistant.100ll actually has alot of lead and some people thin it with 92 unleaded.

Get notified of new replies

To Ethanol-free Gasoline in San Francisco Bay Area

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ethanol-free Gasoline in San Francisco Bay Area