Thunderhill Saturday 2 July?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 11:45 AM
mxk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Thunderhill Saturday 2 July?

Anyone else from here going? http://speedsf.com/ is doing Thunderhill West, not the best setup for our cars but should still be fun, and only $175/driver.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:53 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by mxk
Anyone else from here going? http://speedsf.com/ is doing Thunderhill West, not the best setup for our cars but should still be fun, and only $175/driver.
The 2 mile is a lot of fun, but be prepared to only make it a few laps before you overheat the C7Z. The West track is punishing on oil and coolant temps. Lot's of slower speed high RPM stuff that elevates temps quickly.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:51 PM
mxk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
The 2 mile is a lot of fun, but be prepared to only make it a few laps before you overheat the C7Z. The West track is punishing on oil and coolant temps. Lot's of slower speed high RPM stuff that elevates temps quickly.
Thanks, I'll monitor that. I just installed the GM power steering cooling duct and their secondary radiator, this will be my chance to see how effective they are.

Also, after my Spring Mountain experience earlier this year I think I tend to stay in one higher gear than many of the faster folks out here. It lets me make bigger throttle adjustments without disrupting the balance, and keeps water and oil temps lower.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:18 PM
JRL
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mxk
Thanks, I'll monitor that. I just installed the GM power steering cooling duct and their secondary radiator, this will be my chance to see how effective they are.

Also, after my Spring Mountain experience earlier this year I think I tend to stay in one higher gear than many of the faster folks out here. It lets me make bigger throttle adjustments without disrupting the balance, and keeps water and oil temps lower.
Mike,

Nice to meet you out there on Saturday. It was warm but a lot of fun.
Hope your car temps stayed cool.

-----
John
Old 07-07-2016, 01:05 AM
crazystylin
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

when is the next time/ Im due for a track day.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:45 PM
mxk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by crazystylin
when is the next time/ Im due for a track day.
I had a great time, my cooling mods worked just fine. My next time at Thunderhill is August 19th, on the 3 mile original course. Then September 17-18 on the 5 mile.

Get notified of new replies

To Thunderhill Saturday 2 July?

Quick Reply: Thunderhill Saturday 2 July?