Northern California Northern California

G2 Caliper Paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 10:12 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default G2 Caliper Paint

Has anyone used G2 to paint calipers? Thoughts? I want to leave the calipers on the car..... Also, I'd like to paint the raised CORVETTE letters black. I don't want to buy another kit just for the letters. Any thoughts....
Old 07-13-2016, 12:17 AM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by KenVette57
Has anyone used G2 to paint calipers? Thoughts? I want to leave the calipers on the car..... Also, I'd like to paint the raised CORVETTE letters black. I don't want to buy another kit just for the letters. Any thoughts....
I did mine a while back. The paint is fine, but do yourself a favor and toss the cheesy aluminum handle brushes that come in the kit. They shed worse than my dog.

I did them while on the car. no worries there as long as you are careful. For the raised letters, I simply wiped off the paint there and left them with the raw brushed aluminum look. Much better contrast against the red if thats what you are going for.

If you want the raised letters to be painted, I'd do those first, let it dry, and then paint the calipers using a pull-stroke up the sides of the raised letters to avoid splatter. If you do, you can just wipe off the excess while its still wet.

Quick Reply: G2 Caliper Paint