Northern California Northern California

Any mechanic looking for side work in the bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 11:46 PM
hades1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Any mechanic looking for side work in the bay area?

...preferably in or around Marin?
I have a couple of simple stuff to do now (eg: changing all fluids) but will need more soon I am sure (currently considering replacing the stock valve springs, for example).
Looking for a good, reliable mechanic with corvette experience (C5 z06). Would prefer someone with formal training and/or access to a shop.

Feel free to PM me
Old 07-08-2017, 07:40 PM
LowNSlow01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump - I am also looking for the same.

Originally Posted by hades1
...preferably in or around Marin?
I have a couple of simple stuff to do now (eg: changing all fluids) but will need more soon I am sure (currently considering replacing the stock valve springs, for example).
Looking for a good, reliable mechanic with corvette experience (C5 z06). Would prefer someone with formal training and/or access to a shop.

Feel free to PM me
Old 07-08-2017, 07:48 PM
hades1
Instructor

Originally Posted by LowNSlow01
Bump - I am also looking for the same.
I didn't get any reply and ended up using Pit Row (DIY garage). It kinda sucks for me as it's 1h+ away from me, but it looks like you are in the area (Santa Clara).
And ended up going to the Abel chevrolet in rio vista for changing the valve springs as it was way past my skill level.

Last edited by hades1; 07-08-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:52 PM
LowNSlow01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am surprised there are not any at all, maybe it must be a Corvette thing but it seems like with other cars there are more side mechanics.

Originally Posted by hades1
I didn't get any reply and ended up using Pit Row (DIY garage). It kinda sucks for me as it's 1h+ away from me, but it looks like you are in the area (Santa Clara).
And ended up going to the Abel chevrolet in rio vista for changing the valve springs as it was way past my skill level.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:48 AM
NVA2010
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been thinking a lot lately about offering to do these kinds of services for people along with installations as a weekend/side gig. In your case though I'm a little far, unless that's not a big deal.

I'm a fellow DIYer with the free time and work space to spare for jobs like this. Although, you were looking for formally trained individuals

The only corvette experience I have is the two I've owned, but I'd like to grow that if anyone is willing to give me a shot. I would like to expand my DIY work into a service for the guys and gals that no longer have the time to put towards doing their own work. And also to those that normally take their cars to the shop for everything, yet would prefer to get the work done at a substantially lower cost.

Currently I have a project going with my z06, so that's eating up my free time right now. Once that's done I'll be ready to go on any big jobs (ie. Heads/Cam), wrenches in hand

Anything small like fluid changes, bolt-on installs and such could be done simultaneously with my project no problem. Hell, even a wash & wax if that was requested.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:59 PM
hades1
Instructor

Originally Posted by LowNSlow01
I am surprised there are not any at all, maybe it must be a Corvette thing but it seems like with other cars there are more side mechanics.
Yeah, it was a lot easier in the mustang community for sure.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:01 PM
hades1
Instructor

Originally Posted by NVA2010
I've been thinking a lot lately about offering to do these kinds of services for people along with installations as a weekend/side gig. In your case though I'm a little far, unless that's not a big deal.

I'm a fellow DIYer with the free time and work space to spare for jobs like this. Although, you were looking for formally trained individuals

The only corvette experience I have is the two I've owned, but I'd like to grow that if anyone is willing to give me a shot. I would like to expand my DIY work into a service for the guys and gals that no longer have the time to put towards doing their own work. And also to those that normally take their cars to the shop for everything, yet would prefer to get the work done at a substantially lower cost.

Currently I have a project going with my z06, so that's eating up my free time right now. Once that's done I'll be ready to go on any big jobs (ie. Heads/Cam), wrenches in hand

Anything small like fluid changes, bolt-on installs and such could be done simultaneously with my project no problem. Hell, even a wash & wax if that was requested.

If you weren't 2hours away, I would consider it but yeah, it's a bit far.
However, if I need something major (like cam/heads, which I am considering in a near future), I will keep you in mind

Get notified of new replies

To Any mechanic looking for side work in the bay area?

Quick Reply: Any mechanic looking for side work in the bay area?