Northern California Northern California

Cars at Synergy and I am getty like a little school girl

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 11:14 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Cars at Synergy and I am getty like a little school girl

I have owned at least 10 high HP cars that ALL never were fully finished. My closest was a 00 C5 coupe that had heads and nitrous. I sprayed it once on the way home from the tuner and the kit never worked again LOL. My last C5Z had so much work half assed it was never a joy to drive. Now here I am in a C7. I flew to NY to buy because it was PERFECT. Funny thing is even before the trip I had a A&A kit with some supporting mods sitting in my garage. Well 2 months ago I decided it was time to go to work. With exactly 11K miles I embarked on my supercharger journey. I did all the work myself because I wanted to understand the car better and ditched headers to stay 100% CARB compliant which is another first for me. With that said last night I loaded up my girl and took her to Synergy where Rick and Ryan were ready to go to work. Before I left I told Rick "I don't want to see this car again until your confident it is perfect and can go cross country". He laughed and said "no problem". In a shop full of cars that make mine look like a Maxima (C7Z, ZR1, CTSV, etc) I knew I was in good hands. Now the waiting game. I look forward to driving this car for my years to come.
Attached Images    

Last edited by teddyca; 09-16-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:28 PM
1FUNVTT
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow very NICE ... it's a SS = Sweet and Sleeper. Have fun!
Old 09-16-2016, 03:05 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

*giddy
Old 09-16-2016, 03:16 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys. I am certainly excited I want to call Rick everyday and check on it, but I am going to just sit back and let him do his magic. I cant think of my car being in a better place. We all know Rick is the man. What's funny is I had heard stories that he was arrogant, an ***, etc... The truth is that guy is one of the coolest tuners I have worked with and I have worked with a few LOL.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:49 PM
TCorzett
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
Before I left I told Rick "I don't want to see this car again until you're confident it is perfect and can go cross country". He laughed and said "no problem". In a shop full of cars that make mine look like a Maxima (C7Z, ZR1, CTSV, etc) I knew I was in good hands.
Rick knows how to build high performance cars that can go cross country... he's done all the work on my supercharged G8 which stood-up to a 9,218 mile trip in 2011 and an 11,146 mile trip in 2012 (including a 168 mph sprint at Bonneville).

That reminds me... I'm due for an oil change.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Thanks guys. I am certainly excited I want to call Rick everyday and check on it, but I am going to just sit back and let him do his magic. I cant think of my car being in a better place. We all know Rick is the man. What's funny is I had heard stories that he was arrogant, an ***, etc... The truth is that guy is one of the coolest tuners I have worked with and I have worked with a few LOL.
He is just busy and time is money..

Some have a easy demeanor and some don't. In the end it is about the work performed.

I know when I was working by the load driving I didn't chit chat too much. Just get the work done quickly and get home to do what I wanted to do with what little time was left.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:30 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

[Q[[/B]UOTE=Boomer111;1593075793]He is just busy and time is money..

Some have a easy demeanor and some don't. In the end it is about the work performed.

I know when I was working by the load driving I didn't chit chat too much. Just get the work done quickly and get home to do what I wanted to do with what little time was left.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think it was more than that I have a feeling guys wanted to hang out and become best friends where Rick is a professional and a businessman. I can respect that in fact when I dropped off my car he was doing a million different things mind you I was leaving with him the single biggest investment I have ever made besides my home and I simply said call me when you're done. It was kind of like leaving my kid 4 College LOL but I trust him and didn't think twice
Old 09-23-2016, 12:10 PM
youngrigo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its in good hands. He's tuned multiple of my procharged cars for years now with great results
Old 09-26-2016, 10:18 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Old 09-27-2016, 11:13 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Well guys Last week was a rather interesting one. Monday while driving to work I stacked my Maxima into a Civic at the good ole 580/680 interchange. Being my primary car and leaving me with a Chevy truck on 37" mud tires I called Rick and told him "if he could" I needed the car back ASAP. Needless to say Rick called me back that Tue and started asking me about the build and such. RICK FINISHED MY CAR SAME DAY. I had some stuff that he wanted to sort with the Alky system but other then that it is great. I took the car to Tahoe over the weekend and got caught in some good rain on the way up. Car was a dream with no issues. Put her in boost and all hell breaks loose. Drive her like a civilian and it was like I never touched the car. I sold my LT headers for peace of mind. This car is 100% street legal and made 612 RWHP on a conservative tune. I do get a random "service soon" message that will pop up and go away but other then that I am extremely happy. Thanks Rick

Last edited by teddyca; 09-27-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:31 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Well guys Last week was a rather interesting one. Monday while driving to work I stacked my Maxima into a Civic at the good ole 580/680 interchange. Being my primary car and leaving me with a Chevy truck on 37" mud tires I called Rick and told him "if he could" I needed the car back ASAP. Needless to say Rick called me back that Tue and started asking me about the build and such. RICK FINISHED MY CAR SAME DAY. I had some stuff that he wanted to sort with the Alky system but other then that it is great. I took the car to Tahoe over the weekend and got caught in some good rain on the way up. Car was a dream with no issues. Put her in boost and all hell breaks loose. Drive her like a civilian and it was like I never touched the car. I sold my LT headers for peace of mind. This car is 100% street legal and made 612 RWHP on a conservative tune. I do get a random "service soon" message that will pop up and go away but other then that I am extremely happy. Thanks Rick
Awesome What years your car?
Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Paul- I have a 2014 Z51 M7
Old 09-28-2016, 12:15 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Nice, it must be a blast to drive!
Old 09-28-2016, 10:24 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
Nice, it must be a blast to drive!

Thank you sir. You know that's whats great about this kit. I love to drive my car s hard and not afraid to see what they are capable of. This thing will drive like a stock C7 if you stay out of it. Even at 50% it still is very well stock like. Once that BOV closes and it builds boost. Woohoo Its pretty amazing. Heck even if I am driving hard and leave TC ON it is still very manageable. My old C5 was a hot mess with TC on or off once I hit 450rwhp. Technology is amazing
Old 09-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Paul- I have a 2014 Z51 M7

How do you like the C7 platform? I have a C6, not sure if you had a C6 or just a C5 so I was wondering how much better the C7 is. Enjoy your C7.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:33 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Paul- I have not owned a C6 but have been in plenty and drove a few. My opinion could be alittle bias but here is my thoughts on it. As much advanced the C6 is over the old C5 well the C7 is that and more over the C6 if that makes sense. This car has all the bells and whistles of a luxury car and drives like a dream. With the help of A&A, Alky Control, Corsa, and lastly mastermind Rick at Synergy I have a monster in boost. LOL I hope to get this thing out to a few events.
The following users liked this post:
Paul 68 (10-02-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 03:07 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Glad you finally got the A&A kit you got from me installed.. what the heck were you waiting for?!?!

I personally think Rick get's a bum rap as I've know him for awhile and I've never had an issue with him. The main issues people have with Rick is he's hard to get ahold of because he's busy AND he will tell the customer if his configuration or setup doesn't work well... some customers don't really want to hear that. I have ZERO issues with sending customers to Rick who need to get their parts installed.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 10-07-2016, 11:16 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Mike- You are absolutely right about Rick. I was doing all the labor and he told me why not to go with headers. We discussed the pros and cons. In the end I left HP on the table for peace of mind with compliance. Now I might change my mind later but for now I am ok with my setup. I am having an issue with codes and he replied. Bring it back lets see what we can come up with. Great guy
Old 10-07-2016, 05:46 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Mike- You are absolutely right about Rick. I was doing all the labor and he told me why not to go with headers. We discussed the pros and cons. In the end I left HP on the table for peace of mind with compliance. Now I might change my mind later but for now I am ok with my setup. I am having an issue with codes and he replied. Bring it back lets see what we can come up with. Great guy
If you want headers let me know and I'll take care of you.

BTW, how's your boy doing in baseball this year?

Get notified of new replies

To Cars at Synergy and I am getty like a little school girl

Quick Reply: Cars at Synergy and I am getty like a little school girl