Northern California Northern California

Vette for vettes

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 07:14 PM
redvetteman81
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Vettes for vets

Not much of a turn out with the rain yesterday. Very poor showing for the vets of our country. You know these cars don't melt. I was just wondering is there something wrong with someone from a club putting on the show getting an award for their vette during their own show?

Last edited by redvetteman81; 10-18-2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: correction of spelling
Old 10-23-2016, 04:30 PM
redvetteman81
Racer

Originally Posted by redvetteman81
Not much of a turn out with the rain yesterday. Very poor showing for the vets of our country. You know these cars don't melt. I was just wondering is there something wrong with someone from a club putting on the show getting an award for their vette during their own show?
Of course there is. If you club puts on the show than you club cars put a " not to be judged" on the dash of the car. This has not been done at several shows I've been to. No integrity!
Old 10-23-2016, 10:00 PM
Sunnyvale Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'19

I think you may be confusing WSCC Type I and Type V car shows. Type I shows are judged in accordance with the WSCC Competition Code, which is mostly the cleanliness of the exterior, interior, tires and wheels and engine.

Your show was a Type V show, which means the host club can set its own criteria for awards.

The Do Not Judge cars, or cars in exhibition class, are cars that people simply want to display and not worry about being judged. They may or may not belong to members of the host club.

I didn't attend your show because it was too far for me on that Sunday. It was no reflection on your club or the worthiness of your raising money for veterans.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:26 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetteman81
Well, you're absolutely right- they don't melt in the rain. However, especially with older Vettes, there can be a lot of good reasons for not driving in the rain. Not all older cars have great weather stripping and will allow rain to soak the interior. Good fun, huh? Some cars don't have tires that do well in the rain. My '69 has drag radials in the rear so I can use the throttle without putting on a smoke show. Those tires allow me to enjoy the car during good weather but are far from ideal in the rain, making for a dangerous drive. Some cars don't have functional windshield wipers and are only driven in dry weather.

The bottom line is that there can be all kinds of reasons for not driving in the rain, including not wanting to get one's car dirtied up. The really cool part is that nobody except the owner of the vehicle gets to make that choice.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:14 AM
redvetteman81
Racer

Originally Posted by Les
Well, you're absolutely right- they don't melt in the rain. However, especially with older Vettes, there can be a lot of good reasons for not driving in the rain. Not all older cars have great weather stripping and will allow rain to soak the interior. Good fun, huh? Some cars don't have tires that do well in the rain. My '69 has drag radials in the rear so I can use the throttle without putting on a smoke show. Those tires allow me to enjoy the car during good weather but are far from ideal in the rain, making for a dangerous drive. Some cars don't have functional windshield wipers and are only driven in dry weather.

The bottom line is that there can be all kinds of reasons for not driving in the rain, including not wanting to get one's car dirtied up. The really cool part is that nobody except the owner of the vehicle gets to make that choice.
Your right Les. The owner does make that decision.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I just spent the last 2 weeks washing,waxing my car,pulled the wheels off cleaned those and the suspension. I need to work on another car in my one car garage but if it's raining my Z aint coming out of the garage. So no,if there's a show somewhere and it's wet,my cars stayin in.

Get notified of new replies

To Vette for vettes

Quick Reply: Vette for vettes