Northern California Northern California

**Thunder Hill Hot Laps in the Rumble Bee** Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 07:16 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default **Thunder Hill Hot Laps in the Rumble Bee** Video

Here is a video from a few practice laps last week at Hooked On Corvettes. I was doing some tire testing and I wanted a couple sessions on each type of tire.

I was able to manage a couple 1:52 laps over the top of T5. Keep in mind the car is on a 200 tread wear tire, which we have to run in Optima. Previous testing with these tires and a Hoosier R7 had the Hoosier ahead by 1.6 seconds on the 2 mile course. I would assume the Hoosier would be worth 2.5 seconds on the 3 mile so the car should go 1:50 or less.

The first lap or two are warm ups.

Enjoy..

Old 10-18-2016, 09:06 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Sweet-helluva job Rich! That's a lot of fun to watch. You were stupid fast out there. It looks like you're ready for Vegas.

Just a quick question- why are my lap times slower...by a lot? I mean, aside from turns 1 through 15, my lines are pretty much the same as yours. Kidding aside, your consistency is impressive and so is your Z06. I'll be using that as a training video.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:28 AM
Logan Palmer
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

.....Teach me your ways!
Old 10-19-2016, 10:32 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Les
Sweet-helluva job Rich! That's a lot of fun to watch. You were stupid fast out there. It looks like you're ready for Vegas.

Just a quick question- why are my lap times slower...by a lot? I mean, aside from turns 1 through 15, my lines are pretty much the same as yours. Kidding aside, your consistency is impressive and so is your Z06. I'll be using that as a training video.
I hope I'm ready for Vegas. The car is still in the trailer from last week. I should pull it out, change tires and get it ready

Seat time, seat time and more seat time is the only way to be fast and consistent. I can honestly say that this year has been one of the largest gains I've had on track. I have the car dialed in and I've really began to focus on setup, car feedback and consistency.

Originally Posted by Logan Palmer
.....Teach me your ways!
You're not far off now man. I wish I was as fast as you are at your age. In a few years I will be trying to keep up with you.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jaw dropping...... doing work....
Old 10-19-2016, 01:22 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

That's awesome Rich!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Exotica
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

Good stuff Rich. Good luck in Vegas, I should see you down there since I am coming down for SEMA
Old 10-20-2016, 10:19 AM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

Great driving. Was that Carrie you passed on the 7th lap? Tried to run and re-run that section and just could not make it out for sure.....you were driving too FAST to get a good look.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Awesome driving and video!!
Old 10-21-2016, 10:13 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by smellya
Jaw dropping...... doing work....
Originally Posted by DUMAN
That's awesome Rich!
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by Exotica
Good stuff Rich. Good luck in Vegas, I should see you down there since I am coming down for SEMA
Awesome. We will have a huge group out there. I think we have 14 people coming out to watch the finals. Family, friends and Corvette customers.

Originally Posted by John A. Marker
Great driving. Was that Carrie you passed on the 7th lap? Tried to run and re-run that section and just could not make it out for sure.....you were driving too FAST to get a good look.
Yes that was her. I'm sure she saw me coming and backed off to let me by.

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
Awesome driving and video!!
Thanks Keith
Old 10-21-2016, 11:04 AM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

That was NICE of her! I would have thought she would have pulled in behind you "drafting" and pushed you thru the rest of the course. Or perhaps she did not want to show you up and keep harmony at home!

How is she doing? Since she was on the track getting seat time I assume she is fine tuning her skills to make a good showing in Vegas. Glad that she got the invite! It would be so awesome if the two of you came out on top to make WINNING A FAMILY AFFAIR!
Old 10-21-2016, 04:58 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by John A. Marker
That was NICE of her! I would have thought she would have pulled in behind you "drafting" and pushed you thru the rest of the course. Or perhaps she did not want to show you up and keep harmony at home!

How is she doing? Since she was on the track getting seat time I assume she is fine tuning her skills to make a good showing in Vegas. Glad that she got the invite! It would be so awesome if the two of you came out on top to make WINNING A FAMILY AFFAIR!
She has been faster and more confident on the road course this year. She will be in a different car next year so she's not too focused on learning much else in the C7Z. I have a feeling that she will be more of a threat next year and we will both have invites early in the year
Old 10-23-2016, 01:40 PM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

Good to see your videos finally! Nice job man. You've gotten really quick.

btw I ended up keeping my 2011.

So what tires, sizes and rims are you running for the Optima challenge? also what alignment?

I hope to track it next year but getting cup 2's here in the z06 sizes is not cheap so getting diff rims and tires is going to be a must.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:53 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert R1

So what tires, sizes and rims are you running for the Optima challenge? also what alignment?

I hope to track it next year but getting cup 2's here in the z06 sizes is not cheap so getting diff rims and tires is going to be a must.
Here's a link to he's complete set up.

https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-u...-ousci-preview
Old 10-24-2016, 11:17 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Robert R1

Glad to hear you're keeping the car. I figured that might happen. I am currently running the ACR tires, but that might change for next year.

I've changed the alignment settings a little, but they're still pretty close. I've found myself making adjustments to toe in between tracks, based on the notes I had from how the car worked there previously. I'm happy to share them, but email if you want so I'm not posting them openly.

Last edited by RichieRichZ06; 10-24-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Glad to hear you're keeping the car. I figured that might happen. I am currently running the ACR tires, but that might change for next year.

I've changed the alignment settings a little, but they're still pretty close. I've found myself making adjustments to toe in between tracks, based on the notes I had from how the car worked there previously. I'm happy to share them, but email if you want so I'm posting them openly.

Get notified of new replies

To **Thunder Hill Hot Laps in the Rumble Bee** Video

Quick Reply: **Thunder Hill Hot Laps in the Rumble Bee** Video