Northern California Northern California

Minor electrical installation in Sacramento

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 02:32 PM
RagTop69
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 151 Posts

Default Minor electrical installation in Sacramento

I recently took delivery of a Bluetooth Sync Kit and a Heads Up Display device from a forum vendor. The kits came with pretty clear installation instructions, but I'm an old guy and my mobility is poor due to a bad right knee (you should see me trying to get in and out of the Vette). Anyway, these are things I would normally do myself, but I can't anymore. What kind of shop should I look for to install this stuff? I'm leery of stereo shops because of hack jobs they have done on other cars I have owned, but I don't know if a mechanical repair shop would want to do this stuff. From the looks of it, the two kits would probably take less than an hour to install in total. Any suggestions or local experience? I'm in Lincoln, north east of Sacto.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:31 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by RagTop69
I recently took delivery of a Bluetooth Sync Kit and a Heads Up Display device from a forum vendor. The kits came with pretty clear installation instructions, but I'm an old guy and my mobility is poor due to a bad right knee (you should see me trying to get in and out of the Vette). Anyway, these are things I would normally do myself, but I can't anymore. What kind of shop should I look for to install this stuff? I'm leery of stereo shops because of hack jobs they have done on other cars I have owned, but I don't know if a mechanical repair shop would want to do this stuff. From the looks of it, the two kits would probably take less than an hour to install in total. Any suggestions or local experience? I'm in Lincoln, north east of Sacto.

There is a good shop in Auburn that has been there over 20 years and has a decent reputation. "Auburn Car tunes" they would treat you right. I believe their current installer has been there a very long time. Give them a call and just talk to them.

The other shop in Auburn did a crap job on my Sierra when I had a custom sound system built.

Quick Reply: Minor electrical installation in Sacramento