Northern California Northern California

Thanks CF

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 08:07 AM
FredSM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks CF

It was only 10 years ago that one of you miscreants (I won't say your name DOUG!), talked me into going to a race track for the first time in my shiny new C6 Coupe. Fast forward 10 years . . . yes, incredibly I still have the same wife and thanks to Richie and the folks at Able, I now know that the Diff fluid needs to be changed BEFORE it actually gets hard . . . I have no idea how many days I've spent at the track.

I've had a blast, made a gazillion new friends, and have, I dare say, improved my driving skill just a touch.

Thanks CF . . . regardless of what I drive on the street or on the track, I'll always come back home occasionally!

And . . . because I'm such a track rat . . .

Autoclub Speedway March 4 and 5

Yes, I know it's a significant commitment to make the trek to Fontana (seriously, I REALLY do know!), but March 4th and 5th at AutoClub is a very special event for HOD.

Firstly, driving a NASCAR high-bank at speed in a Corvette ... if that's not on your bucket list then I guess we don't have much in common!

Secondly, and with a touch more sincerity, if you're serious about performance driving then you probably know or will soon discover the name Ross Bentley of "Speed Secrets" fame. Ross is not only one of the best driving coaches on the blue marble, but he's also a super nice guy who is fun and easy to talk to. He'll be at the event sharing many a pearl of go-fast wisdom.

Consider making the trip NorCal . . . it'll be worth the effort.

Cheers all . . .

FM
Old 02-16-2017, 12:57 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

That's awesome Fred, can't believe its been 10 years. Had any problems with the Andretti Hairpin lately??? Sure wish I was there to see that. I sure wish I still had that photo of your rotor in those early days asking what that stuff on my rotor was. You learned from an early date never to engage the brakes on very hot rotors when you're sitting still for an extended period of time.

I still want to get you one on those ribbons like jets use that say remove before flight. I think your rear tow hook would look good with one that says pull to inflate.

Here's to many more track days

Last edited by 50 4Ever; 02-16-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:06 PM
FredSM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha . . . you funny man. Ya, if I wrote a book of all the stupid stuff I've done it'd rival a Steven King novel . . . sometimes just as scary!

I'll be at MRLS next weekend. I'll try to keep it outta the kitty litter.

FM
Old 02-20-2017, 08:58 PM
StArrow68
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you had a blast for a decade, I only made it half that from early 03 to end of 07 at the first NCM event in the west. Tracking teaches so much about being more aware on the road it is too bad more don't take the plunge, but not for the faint of wallet. Enjoy your next few events. Randy
Old 02-27-2017, 05:23 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Cheers Fred, here's to 10 years! I'll be there in about 6 months. Quite a journey.

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks CF

Quick Reply: Thanks CF