Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
viperZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
viperZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 1999
Default LOW T, taking AXIRON

Just started on Axiron, That is one of those gells you put under your arm. After about a week got a rash (not at the application site) and had to stop. Anyone else with this reaction to supplementation?? Can you recommend a good product?
viperZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Chatsworth Ca.
Default

What were your levels when tested.

Shots imo only way to go.

Get your estrogen checked, too.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Z06-LITE
CF Senior Member
 
Z06-LITE's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Default

I have been on AndroGel for about three weeks. No side effects so far. No boners, but no rash, so I guess I am doing ok.
Z06-LITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
viperZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
viperZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 1999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
What were your levels when tested.

Shots imo only way to go.

Get your estrogen checked, too.
286, so tell me why the shots are better, more immediate? I have been on axiron for about 2 weeks and I see no difference at all.
viperZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
mardyn
CF Senior Member
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Beautiful East Texas
Default

Androgel here too... seems to work good for me.

mardyn
mardyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
LarryDallas
CF Senior Member
 
LarryDallas's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Beaverton OR
Default

Explore other stuff IMO. Read this:

http://hrt-rx.com/2010/11/26/new-tes...ne-med-axiron/
LarryDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Chatsworth Ca.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperZ06 View Post
286, so tell me why the shots are better, more immediate? I have been on axiron for about 2 weeks and I see no difference at all.

Dont feel it right away give it a few weeks...get back to your Dr if youarent happy. might wanna retest. 280 is fairly low
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
LarryDallas
CF Senior Member
 
LarryDallas's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Beaverton OR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperZ06 View Post
286, so tell me why the shots are better, more immediate? I have been on axiron for about 2 weeks and I see no difference at all.
Takes a while to build up, like 4+ weeks. From the link I posted, other forms like Androgel might give you higher results.

286 is low. A normal male is his 50s should be above 500. An 80 year old male is in the 300s.
LarryDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Chatsworth Ca.
Default

Sheesh Im 43 and it was 290-310 depending.
On shots last yr I was only 380 and was using more than I should.

Come to find out Estrogen levels were super high in fact off the chart high so was converting whatever T I had in me to Est. Talk about tired worn out and pissed off all the time. Hate it. Oh and ya cant sleep either. Now need to take en Est. blocker so the T can actually work.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 06-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
Charleston2012
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2010
Default

What made you guys go in to get this test, and how long for results?
Charleston2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
ProfMoriarty
CF Senior Member
 
ProfMoriarty's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Default

Get some strange.
ProfMoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
viperZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
viperZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 1999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston2012 View Post
What made you guys go in to get this test, and how long for results?
dieting and working out but still count not lose the gut! Prime symptom so doc tested and sure enough. Had not really affected me the other way, yet. Also signs of some bone thinning. The kind of bone your skeleton is for those of you wondering.
viperZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Chatsworth Ca.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston2012 View Post
What made you guys go in to get this test, and how long for results?
Cause I felt like crap like literally half dead all you want to do it sleep
Weak, unwanted weight loss no energy drive, memory brain function slows etc. You lose the ability to care at some point about pretty much anything. Kind of like an 80 yr old man

What blows is ins doesnt cover any of it except bloodwork.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 06-11-2011 at 09:56 AM.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #14
Charleston2012
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2010
Default

HHMM, I will have to get some blood work. At least to start monitoring it. Cant hurt, especially when the clinic is one bldg from my work. Health is something we cant afford not to afford.
Charleston2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:37 AM   #15
tricep
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09
 
tricep's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Location: La La land cali
Default

Injections of American made Cypionate or Enanthate. Screw the rest.


Geez.



Get a physician who understands HRT.
tricep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:33 AM   #16
hyp3r3xt3nsion
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Default

Honestly, I would sooner live w/ low testosterone than do HRT.

Gels like androgels can have some very negative side effects down the road. Same with any form of test replacement, but the most effective/lowest risk would be getting it in shot format.

However, I've chatted with several individuals who've been on test replacement long-term (4-6yrs on average), and I'd say 75% of them wish they had just lived with the initial problems rather than open the hormone can of worms. Short-term they were pleased with it. Long-term not so much.

I've had low test - low 200s - since I've been like 22 (i'm 28 now). I have no sex drive, my energy is low a lot of times, and I get irritated easily, but I've learned to live with it. You can build decent muscle mass - i'm 5'7, 175lbs, 18'' arms, 30'' waist, 8% bf - by training hard. Yea, you won't be as big/lean/strong as you could be, and building muscle/losing fat will be harder and require more dedication than the average person needs to give (although still more than possible, so if you're sitting there using low T as a reason to be fat, get off your *** and train), but after hearing some of the horror stories (cancers, other hormones going out of control) it isn't worth it (edit: and by horror I mean the real serious health problems, not problems like ********* shrinking to 50% or androgel being suppressive).


I've used androgel for a short while but stopped after it started wrecking havoc on my immune system - basically I took it for months, was doing okay, then started developing random muscle paralysis (sometimes my legs went dead, sometimes my arms, the worst was when my neck felt like it weighed 1000lbs and for 40minutes I had my head on my desk unable to move). That was my last experience with HRT. It took about 1 1/2 weeks or so before it started it kick in - recovery time from physical activity was much less, and my sex drive instantly came back.



Anyways, everybody will have different opinions for sure, but do your research before going on that path. Most doctors know DICK ALL about hrt (even endocrinologists; most of them just specialize in issues like diabetes and suck *** with hrt), don't trust what they say.

And read online and think and make your own opinions from your research. There's a reason a lot of people doing test replacement (either pills, or patches, or shots) long-term say they wish they'd given up their sex drive and learned to manage low energy instead of doing hrt.

Last edited by hyp3r3xt3nsion; 06-11-2011 at 03:47 AM.
hyp3r3xt3nsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #17
Mr.Nubain
CF Senior Member
 
Mr.Nubain's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricep View Post
Injections of American made Cypionate or Enanthate. Screw the rest.


Geez.



Get a physician who understands HRT.
Black market stuff is pretty solid as well
Mr.Nubain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
viperZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
viperZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 1999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion View Post
Honestly, I would sooner live w/ low testosterone than do HRT.

Gels like androgels can have some very negative side effects down the road. Same with any form of test replacement, but the most effective/lowest risk would be getting it in shot format.

However, I've chatted with several individuals who've been on test replacement long-term (4-6yrs on average), and I'd say 75% of them wish they had just lived with the initial problems rather than open the hormone can of worms. Short-term they were pleased with it. Long-term not so much.

I've had low test - low 200s - since I've been like 22 (i'm 28 now). I have no sex drive, my energy is low a lot of times, and I get irritated easily, but I've learned to live with it. You can build decent muscle mass - i'm 5'7, 175lbs, 18'' arms, 30'' waist, 8% bf - by training hard. Yea, you won't be as big/lean/strong as you could be, and building muscle/losing fat will be harder and require more dedication than the average person needs to give (although still more than possible, so if you're sitting there using low T as a reason to be fat, get off your *** and train), but after hearing some of the horror stories (cancers, other hormones going out of control) it isn't worth it (edit: and by horror I mean the real serious health problems, not problems like ********* shrinking to 50% or androgel being suppressive).


I've used androgel for a short while but stopped after it started wrecking havoc on my immune system - basically I took it for months, was doing okay, then started developing random muscle paralysis (sometimes my legs went dead, sometimes my arms, the worst was when my neck felt like it weighed 1000lbs and for 40minutes I had my head on my desk unable to move). That was my last experience with HRT. It took about 1 1/2 weeks or so before it started it kick in - recovery time from physical activity was much less, and my sex drive instantly came back.



Anyways, everybody will have different opinions for sure, but do your research before going on that path. Most doctors know DICK ALL about hrt (even endocrinologists; most of them just specialize in issues like diabetes and suck *** with hrt), don't trust what they say.

And read online and think and make your own opinions from your research. There's a reason a lot of people doing test replacement (either pills, or patches, or shots) long-term say they wish they'd given up their sex drive and learned to manage low energy instead of doing hrt.
do you think that was just the way it affected you for some reason or is this common? Why did/do people on this stuff for years regret it? I would like to hear from others who have been on HRT a while and see what their experience has been. Thanks for sharing.
viperZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #19
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ratflinger's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere in South Central Texas
Default

Wouldn't it work better if you rubbed it on your wiener?
ratflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #20
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Chatsworth Ca.
Default

Quote:
Honestly, I would sooner live w/ low testosterone than do HRT.
Quote:
wish they'd given up their sex drive and learned to manage low energy instead of doing hrt.
Thought the same thing when I was your age, just wait. It will get to a point to where you almost cannot function at all. Think you get irritable now just wait my friend. Im downright volatile, not irritable/temperamental you almost have no control...like you are a different person all together. Scary.

You cant stay awake for more than 4-6 hrs at a time yet cant sleep either. Pure hell buddy. Even if you do get lucky and get some good snooze time youll still shut down in the same time frame. Wont be holding a job or going to the gym lol. Many other side effects of NOT treating it too, and they are internal.

on managing low energy you can for awhile then eventually you lose the ability.

The fatigue can be overwhelming...not like youre getting sleepy buy your system can shut off like a light swtich like it goes into limp home mode.
I knocked out 2 wks ago while driving didnt feel it come on just woke up with my truck in the bushes...happens at work, too. Look at the watch and an hour has passed and have no memory of going out. Fun stuff!

Stuff to look forward to if you leave it untreated

Forget about those gels/patches, shots are the way to do it imo

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 06-11-2011 at 10:22 AM.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:01 AM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page LOW T, taking AXIRON
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
axiron, board, boner, build, feedback, feel, forum, gel, good, long, message, muscle, review, reviews, taking, users, work


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst mistake you ever made???? Kerouac C1 & C2 Corvettes 60 08-09-2014 04:36 PM
what do you feel about being on the list? flange Off Topic 62 01-03-2014 10:41 AM
Do you typically speak with the person next to you on the plane??? gs568 Off Topic 104 07-17-2013 01:51 AM
The idiot test 8388 Politics, Religion & Controversy 17 11-10-2012 08:36 PM
Co-q-10 OHSIXX Off Topic 20 10-09-2012 05:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Emails & Password Backup