Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
corvettekid1973
CF Senior Member
 
corvettekid1973's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: New Albany Indiana
Default last year for lifetime carry permit in Indiana

I haven't verified this yet but was told this is the last year Indiana is offering the lifetime conceal carry license and December is the deadline, so if this is something you are thinking about then you need to get on the ball. It's $125 for the lifetime and $135 if you do the digital finger printing which cuts the wait time from months to weeks.

http://www.in.gov/isp/2828.htm
corvettekid1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
Jack Boelte
CF Senior Member
 
Jack Boelte's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: Clermont IN
Default

Jack Boelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
nhlgopens
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
nhlgopens's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2004
Location: South West - but north of Dayton, Ohio
Default

I have a co-worker that lives in Union City, Indiana. He's had his lifetime permit for about 6 years. He always gives me hell about having to redo mine every 5 years.
nhlgopens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
corvettekid1973
CF Senior Member
 
corvettekid1973's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: New Albany Indiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlgopens View Post
I have a co-worker that lives in Union City, Indiana. He's had his lifetime permit for about 6 years. He always gives me hell about having to redo mine every 5 years.
It is nice only doing it once. I was told that they were missing out on a lot of renewal funds so that's why they are stopping it. Only thing I disagree with about Indiana is that they give out the permits to easily, my friend recently applied for hers and she got it in 3 days, there is no class to take or anything here. Just not be a felon and send money lol
corvettekid1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
69427
Tech Contributor
 
69427's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own either a chainsaw or a handgun.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettekid1973 View Post
It is nice only doing it once. I was told that they were missing out on a lot of renewal funds so that's why they are stopping it. Only thing I disagree with about Indiana is that they give out the permits to easily, my friend recently applied for hers and she got it in 3 days, there is no class to take or anything here. Just not be a felon and send money lol
What, does liberty scare you, or do you only trust "government approved" classes?

(Former Indiana resident and CCW permit holder here, and I appreciated that it wasn't the PITA that some other states insist upon putting on honest, Constitution respecting residents.)
69427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Jamesnns
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2010
Default

So sad to hear it's all about the money...again.
Jamesnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
corvettekid1973
CF Senior Member
 
corvettekid1973's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: New Albany Indiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69427 View Post
What, does liberty scare you, or do you only trust "government approved" classes?

(Former Indiana resident and CCW permit holder here, and I appreciated that it wasn't the PITA that some other states insist upon putting on honest, Constitution respecting residents.)
Current resident and CCW license holder here, and no liberty doesn't scare me, what scares me is the increase of idiots out there. I've come across some people that I seriously doubt would pass a class and in my own opinion are more of a danger being out in public with a gun. Not no mention we are next door to Louisville ky which requires A class and I have heard about some of the dip sticks that have trouble passing their class.
corvettekid1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Red99SS
CF Senior Member
 
Red99SS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Monmouth County NJ
Default

Shouldn't be a permit in the first place. The bad guys are going to be carrying no matter WHAT the law says.
Red99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
corvettekid1973
CF Senior Member
 
corvettekid1973's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: New Albany Indiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
Shouldn't be a permit in the first place. The bad guys are going to be carrying no matter WHAT the law says.
I totally understand where you are coming from. I thought the same thing but the more I think about all the idiots out there I started to change my mind. It's like getting your drivers license, you have to show you have a clue of what you are doing before they allow you on the road.
corvettekid1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
Red99SS
CF Senior Member
 
Red99SS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Monmouth County NJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettekid1973 View Post
I totally understand where you are coming from. I thought the same thing but the more I think about all the idiots out there I started to change my mind. It's like getting your drivers license, you have to show you have a clue of what you are doing before they allow you on the road.
The idiots will carry anyway. The law only applies to the law abiding. There's no point to the permits.
Red99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
Comfortably Numb
CF Senior Member
 
Comfortably Numb's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Send a message via AIM to Comfortably Numb
Default

Kudos to Indiana for giving their residents a chance to protect themselves.

I live in the uber-liberal state of Illinois where we are supposed to get shot, robbed, beaten and raped....and then call 911 for help
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
zonie77
CF Senior Member
 
zonie77's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Cave Creek AZ
Default

It would be really great if all the honest citizens who wanted to carry would learn what the responsibilities are and make sure they have adequate shooting skills to carry. Since they don't, I think a class is a good idea. I felt I learned a LOT in my class and was less likely to make a mistake or break any laws while carrying.

I'd vote for a mandatory class til we live in a perfect world.
zonie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:14 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page last year for lifetime carry permit in Indiana
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2012, carry, clermont, concealed, discontinuing, gun, indiana, indianas, laws, lifetime, permit, permits, received, time, wait, year


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Emails & Password Backup