Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 11-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Glen1224
CF Senior Member

Location: Lower Macungie Township ; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Default I am Furious with Sirius/XM but ONSTAR is GREAT!

My 2012 GS went into storage for the winter yesterday and probably won't come out till April 15th. (I also suspend my insurance)
I called Onstar and they were very courteous and agreed to suspend the service until the car comes out of storage and I call them. Not a problem at all with them. It was an easy fix.
SOOOOO. I call XM and they transfer me from person to person and keep me on hold till I get Christine in "Customer Satisfaction". They will not suspend the service even though there is no way the car or radio can be used till spring. They claim that because I just got the car OCT. 20th) and the service is a free trial that I didn't pay for and neither did they, it can't be suspended ! Hmmmmm; Onstar is a free trial also and they have no problem suspending the service!

CHEVY CUSTOMER SERVICE are you reading this????

Sorry to vent on you guys but, I feel this is wrong !
Glen1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
HyperX
U.S. Marines 89-93
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!

Send a message via AIM to HyperX Send a message via Yahoo to HyperX

My free trial on XM is on it's 3rd year on my 2008 Z06... so maybe just leave it
HyperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Guinnessboy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

not surprised xm wouldn't suspend your subscription...but at the same time i really don't blame them. Im actually surprised you would expect them to accommodate the fact you won't be driving your car.
Guinnessboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
TS C6GS
CF Senior Member

Sorry, but I see their point and it doesn't seem worth getting upset about. It's a free trial and when it's up, it's up. OnStar chose to suspend their free trial, XM didn't. Not a big deal to me.
TS C6GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
arcticblast
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I feel your pain.
Before I traded a 2011 GS on a 2012 GS, I called listener care and asked about transferring the remaining trail period months (I only had the 2011 for 2 months....10 months left). I was told that for a $15 transfer fee I could, even though it was a trial period.
After I bought the 2012 GS.....That's when the fight started. Now suddenly I can't transfer it. I even had the date, time, and name of the person that told me I could.
Nothing helps. Listener Care Sux.
But Onstar is great. I couldn't agree more. Now if I just felt better about the Onstar/Big Brother thing.....
arcticblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimO126 View Post
Sorry, but I see their point and it doesn't seem worth getting upset about. It's a free trial and when it's up, it's up. OnStar chose to suspend their free trial, XM didn't. Not a big deal to me.
I don't see their point. The only reason they give you a free subscription is to get your hooked so you subscribe and pay. How is that going to happen if someones car is stored? Very stupid business practice on their part.
R&L's C6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Luster
CF Senior Member

Because of the way XM does business, they forced me to lie. To get my service canceled, I had to tell them I sold the car. It's the "24-Hour-Fitness" mentality. In order to cancel, you have to die.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
TS C6GS
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
I don't see their point. The only reason they give you a free subscription is to get your hooked so you subscribe and pay. How is that going to happen if someones car is stored? Very stupid business practice on their part.

Storing the car is his choice. It will also be his choice to subscribe or not when the trial period is over.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
NofakeJake
CF Senior Member

It gets worse.

I sold my CTS in 2010 and they are still trying to renew me on the car 2 years later. I must have told them 10 times I don't own the car.

The same thing happened with my Z06. Sold it and they still showed me as the owner after I called to let them know..

Sold my 2010 Camaro last month and it took me 1 hour and three calls yesterday afternoon to cancel the service.

Every call goes through customer care. They refuse to give you the direct line or phone number to the billing department so you can cancel your service directly. They keep trying to sell you stuff while they pretend to find your account information. I finally hung up on them. You can't access their web site without registering and giving personal information. Once they get it, they keep harassing you, trying to get your credit card number so they can sell you something or bill you automatically (auto renewal). You agree to their service agreement on the phone, at which time they tell you all the details of the agreement can be found on their web site. IF and when you can ever get to the agreement on line, you find out they can RAISE the rates without needing authorization

I thought I renewed my original package that came with one of my other cars, only to find out the music package is separate from the data plan for your Navigation System, so you don't get traffic updates. But they don't tell you that at time of renewal. They wait until you call back saying there is something wrong with your Nav. So now you have to pay MORE money ... I think it was about 33% more a month to get the data package with the music package

Totally misleading and deceptive practice....

NofakeJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
KWC6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinnessboy View Post
not surprised xm wouldn't suspend your subscription...but at the same time i really don't blame them. Im actually surprised you would expect them to accommodate the fact you won't be driving your car.
KWC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
KWC6
CF Senior Member

Tell your bank too, maybe they will tell you not to make car payments for the winter.
KWC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
Garibaldi
CF Senior Member

OnStar didn't suspend my free trial, they just added four months to the original free trial. No hassles.
Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #13
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Storing the car is his choice. It will also be his choice to subscribe or not when the trial period is over.
I understand that but if they don't give him the chance to experience the product they are trying to sell ( the only reason for the trial period) the likely hood of getting him hooked is zero.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Thrash
CF Senior Member
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

My free trial started in June, in Sep. they kept trying to get me to re-up, but I declined as I mostly just use my iPod. Maybe a week later the service ended and that was fine. Then maybe 2 weeks later ... it came back on and is still on in full today???? Maybe they can give it away, but they really need to lower the pricing anyway
Thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #15
Guinnessboy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
I understand that but if they don't give him the chance to experience the product they are trying to sell ( the only reason for the trial period) the likely hood of getting him hooked is zero.
i understand your point and the business ramifications...but at the end of the day its their choice. The op acted as if it shouldn't be their choice, that they should just do it because of the notion of getting 12 months worth of service.
Guinnessboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #16
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinnessboy View Post
i understand your point and the business ramifications...but at the end of the day its their choice. The op acted as if it shouldn't be their choice, that they should just do it because of the notion of getting 12 months worth of service.
Oh, I agree its totally their choice, but its in their best interest to suspend it IMO. I just bought a new Corvette and On Star was very easy with suspending the service. For some reason XM was never activated and I don't even care. There are way too many customer complaints about them.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
legbuh
CF Senior Member

When XM came out it was the bees knees. Now with so many apps on your phone where you can get a lot of the media for free, they're hurting I'm sure.

They do have an App for XM now but for that they're trying to charge you $15 a month. It's a lot better than having to install XM in your car, but still not worth the price, really.

I have had XM for over 6 years on my one vehicle, and my "fun" car I normally use a seperate base and move my XM head unit around. But now I'm going to let it expire and not renew.. unless they give me a smoking deal on the App/Computer service that is.
legbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #18
TS C6GS
CF Senior Member

Quote:
He had free service for over a month so be should know whether or not he wants to subscribe.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
orca1946
CF Senior Member

NEVER GIVE THEM THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I make them send me a paper bill each year I renew!!!!
orca1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #20
Garibaldi
CF Senior Member

Quote:
He had free service for over a month so be should know whether or not he wants to subscribe.
I'm afraid I don't understand your point. OP called OnStar, made a request, and OnStar honored that request. Who is the aggrieved party here? XM chose a different response. To me, it boils down to different policies. The fact that OP is p*ssed at XM and not at OnStar may be relevant to both companies. One has been castigated and the other praised.
Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page I am Furious with Sirius/XM but ONSTAR is GREAT!

Tags
activate, chevrolet, corvette, free, needed, onstar, sirius, sirus, siyius, star, thirty, trail, xm, z06