Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Glen1224
CF Senior Member
 
Glen1224's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Lower Macungie Township ; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Default I am Furious with Sirius/XM but ONSTAR is GREAT!

My 2012 GS went into storage for the winter yesterday and probably won't come out till April 15th. (I also suspend my insurance)
I called Onstar and they were very courteous and agreed to suspend the service until the car comes out of storage and I call them. Not a problem at all with them. It was an easy fix.
SOOOOO. I call XM and they transfer me from person to person and keep me on hold till I get Christine in "Customer Satisfaction". They will not suspend the service even though there is no way the car or radio can be used till spring. They claim that because I just got the car OCT. 20th) and the service is a free trial that I didn't pay for and neither did they, it can't be suspended ! Hmmmmm; Onstar is a free trial also and they have no problem suspending the service!

CHEVY CUSTOMER SERVICE are you reading this????

Sorry to vent on you guys but, I feel this is wrong !
Glen1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
HyperX
U.S. Marines 89-93
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
HyperX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Cary Il
Send a message via AIM to HyperX Send a message via Yahoo to HyperX
Default

My free trial on XM is on it's 3rd year on my 2008 Z06... so maybe just leave it
HyperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Guinnessboy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Guinnessboy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Peoples Socialst Republic of Kalifornia
Default

not surprised xm wouldn't suspend your subscription...but at the same time i really don't blame them. Im actually surprised you would expect them to accommodate the fact you won't be driving your car.
Guinnessboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
TS C6GS
CF Senior Member
 
TS C6GS's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2011
Location: Oceanside California
Default

Sorry, but I see their point and it doesn't seem worth getting upset about. It's a free trial and when it's up, it's up. OnStar chose to suspend their free trial, XM didn't. Not a big deal to me.
TS C6GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
arcticblast
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
 
arcticblast's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: Eufaula AL
Default

I feel your pain.
Before I traded a 2011 GS on a 2012 GS, I called listener care and asked about transferring the remaining trail period months (I only had the 2011 for 2 months....10 months left). I was told that for a $15 transfer fee I could, even though it was a trial period.
After I bought the 2012 GS.....That's when the fight started. Now suddenly I can't transfer it. I even had the date, time, and name of the person that told me I could.
Nothing helps. Listener Care Sux.
But Onstar is great. I couldn't agree more. Now if I just felt better about the Onstar/Big Brother thing.....
arcticblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
R&L's C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Minnesota
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimO126 View Post
Sorry, but I see their point and it doesn't seem worth getting upset about. It's a free trial and when it's up, it's up. OnStar chose to suspend their free trial, XM didn't. Not a big deal to me.
I don't see their point. The only reason they give you a free subscription is to get your hooked so you subscribe and pay. How is that going to happen if someones car is stored? Very stupid business practice on their part.
R&L's C6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Luster
CF Senior Member
 
Luster's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Lee's Summit MO
Default

Because of the way XM does business, they forced me to lie. To get my service canceled, I had to tell them I sold the car. It's the "24-Hour-Fitness" mentality. In order to cancel, you have to die.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
TS C6GS
CF Senior Member
 
TS C6GS's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2011
Location: Oceanside California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
I don't see their point. The only reason they give you a free subscription is to get your hooked so you subscribe and pay. How is that going to happen if someones car is stored? Very stupid business practice on their part.

Storing the car is his choice. It will also be his choice to subscribe or not when the trial period is over.
TS C6GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
NofakeJake
CF Senior Member
 
NofakeJake's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Default

It gets worse.

I sold my CTS in 2010 and they are still trying to renew me on the car 2 years later. I must have told them 10 times I don't own the car.

The same thing happened with my Z06. Sold it and they still showed me as the owner after I called to let them know..

Sold my 2010 Camaro last month and it took me 1 hour and three calls yesterday afternoon to cancel the service.

Every call goes through customer care. They refuse to give you the direct line or phone number to the billing department so you can cancel your service directly. They keep trying to sell you stuff while they pretend to find your account information. I finally hung up on them. You can't access their web site without registering and giving personal information. Once they get it, they keep harassing you, trying to get your credit card number so they can sell you something or bill you automatically (auto renewal). You agree to their service agreement on the phone, at which time they tell you all the details of the agreement can be found on their web site. IF and when you can ever get to the agreement on line, you find out they can RAISE the rates without needing authorization

I thought I renewed my original package that came with one of my other cars, only to find out the music package is separate from the data plan for your Navigation System, so you don't get traffic updates. But they don't tell you that at time of renewal. They wait until you call back saying there is something wrong with your Nav. So now you have to pay MORE money ... I think it was about 33% more a month to get the data package with the music package

Totally misleading and deceptive practice....

NofakeJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #10
KWC6
CF Senior Member
 
KWC6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Perdido Key,Fl. Fl.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinnessboy View Post
not surprised xm wouldn't suspend your subscription...but at the same time i really don't blame them. Im actually surprised you would expect them to accommodate the fact you won't be driving your car.
KWC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
KWC6
CF Senior Member
 
KWC6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Perdido Key,Fl. Fl.
Default

Tell your bank too, maybe they will tell you not to make car payments for the winter.
KWC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
Garibaldi
CF Senior Member
 
Garibaldi's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Default

OnStar didn't suspend my free trial, they just added four months to the original free trial. No hassles.
Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #13
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
R&L's C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Minnesota
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimO126 View Post
Storing the car is his choice. It will also be his choice to subscribe or not when the trial period is over.
I understand that but if they don't give him the chance to experience the product they are trying to sell ( the only reason for the trial period) the likely hood of getting him hooked is zero.
R&L's C6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Thrash
CF Senior Member
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Thrash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Mount Pleasant SC
Default

My free trial started in June, in Sep. they kept trying to get me to re-up, but I declined as I mostly just use my iPod. Maybe a week later the service ended and that was fine. Then maybe 2 weeks later ... it came back on and is still on in full today???? Maybe they can give it away, but they really need to lower the pricing anyway
Thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #15
Guinnessboy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Guinnessboy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Peoples Socialst Republic of Kalifornia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
I understand that but if they don't give him the chance to experience the product they are trying to sell ( the only reason for the trial period) the likely hood of getting him hooked is zero.
i understand your point and the business ramifications...but at the end of the day its their choice. The op acted as if it shouldn't be their choice, that they should just do it because of the notion of getting 12 months worth of service.
Guinnessboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #16
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
R&L's C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Minnesota
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinnessboy View Post
i understand your point and the business ramifications...but at the end of the day its their choice. The op acted as if it shouldn't be their choice, that they should just do it because of the notion of getting 12 months worth of service.
Oh, I agree its totally their choice, but its in their best interest to suspend it IMO. I just bought a new Corvette and On Star was very easy with suspending the service. For some reason XM was never activated and I don't even care. There are way too many customer complaints about them.
R&L's C6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
legbuh
CF Senior Member
 
legbuh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2011
Default

When XM came out it was the bees knees. Now with so many apps on your phone where you can get a lot of the media for free, they're hurting I'm sure.

They do have an App for XM now but for that they're trying to charge you $15 a month. It's a lot better than having to install XM in your car, but still not worth the price, really.

I have had XM for over 6 years on my one vehicle, and my "fun" car I normally use a seperate base and move my XM head unit around. But now I'm going to let it expire and not renew.. unless they give me a smoking deal on the App/Computer service that is.
legbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #18
TS C6GS
CF Senior Member
 
TS C6GS's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2011
Location: Oceanside California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
I understand that but if they don't give him the chance to experience the product they are trying to sell ( the only reason for the trial period) the likely hood of getting him hooked is zero.
He had free service for over a month so be should know whether or not he wants to subscribe.
TS C6GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
orca1946
CF Senior Member
 
orca1946's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Schaumburg IL
Default

NEVER GIVE THEM THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I make them send me a paper bill each year I renew!!!!
orca1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #20
Garibaldi
CF Senior Member
 
Garibaldi's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimO126 View Post
He had free service for over a month so be should know whether or not he wants to subscribe.
I'm afraid I don't understand your point. OP called OnStar, made a request, and OnStar honored that request. Who is the aggrieved party here? XM chose a different response. To me, it boils down to different policies. The fact that OP is p*ssed at XM and not at OnStar may be relevant to both companies. One has been castigated and the other praised.
Garibaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page I am Furious with Sirius/XM but ONSTAR is GREAT!
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
activate, chevrolet, corvette, free, needed, onstar, sirius, sirus, siyius, star, thirty, trail, xm, z06


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More XM Radio fun incabird C6 Corvette General Discussion 45 05-11-2013 10:38 PM
Onstar? tdbarnes C6 Corvette General Discussion 28 07-29-2012 09:41 AM
OnStar cut me a deal on the full package! > Turbo6TA C6 Corvette General Discussion 25 01-01-2012 01:48 AM
OnStar flashes carphone # on caller ID? JohnMo44 C6 Corvette General Discussion 12 01-23-2011 10:32 AM
XM, ONSTAR, VETTE OPTIONS, lets hear opinions leatherneck21 C6 Corvette General Discussion 7 06-02-2009 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Emails & Password Backup