Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #41
airbrush1
CF Senior Member

I want to believe....
airbrush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #42
BigKitty
CF Senior Member

Sooner or later they would find one dead in the road.
BigKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #43
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
St. Jude Donor '09
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.That which does not kill me will probably hurt like hell. 3. Islam is the enemy.
Send a message via AIM to Jughead

Please don't tell me tax dollars is helping to fund this stupid show. Everyone knows bigfoot moved into western Pa back in the 70's.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #44
Berto
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Please don't tell me tax dollars is helping to fund this stupid show.
Tax dollars? There is no government entity responsible for investigating or researching BF, despite general belief that "they" should have found one by now, whoever "they" is.

The BFRO was originally funded by Wally Hersom. Now the show on Animal Planet has very high ratings and certainly should pay its own way through advertising sponsors:

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Who is Wally Hersom? (and how can I get him to pay my salary?)

I am copying and pasting part 1 of a 3 part series. It is quite interesting about how he funds the BFRO...

By GWENDOLYN DRISCOLL
Orange County Register

DEVIL PEAK, EL DORADO NATIONAL FOREST -- Wally Hersom is an intuitive man, with an instinct for when opportunity might knock.

It's not knocking now.

The soft-spoken, white-maned Hersom is standing in the dark on a remote mountaintop in northern California listening to the eerily quiet rustling of leaves.

"It's too quiet," he says. "It doesn't feel right."

Below him in the pitch-black hollows of this remote forest area, groups of men and a few women sit crouched, pointing $9,000 thermal imaging cameras at the darkness.
Every so often, one of them emits a blood-curdling shriek.

They are searching for a monster.

Hersom, 72, is the reason why. Over the past year the part-time resident of San Juan Capistrano has pumped tens of thousands of dollars into the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, an Orange County-based group of Sasquatch-hunters.

Hersom pays the salary of Matt Moneymaker, the BFRO's director. He has outfitted the group with ten thermal imaging cameras, as well as video recorders and night-vision devices.

Total cost: more than $100,000.
In the process, Hersom hopes to change the popular conception of Bigfoot believers from wooly-eyed weirdos to heroic hominoid hunters.

Hersom, like the more than two dozen people who joined him on this recent expedition to the El Dorado National Forest, believes that Bigfoot is a yet-undiscovered species of immensely strong, craftily intelligent and highly elusive great ape.

"I think the timing's right," Hersom says. "In the next 12 months, this thing is going to break wide open."

Moneymaker and Hersom speculate that Bigfoot has a nocturnal animal's acute night vision. The key to 'discovering' Bigfoot, if such a creature exists, is to mimic that ability.

"The only way we're going to (prove) it is if we can film in the dark," Moneymaker says. Wally has enabled the BFRO "to bring some technology to bear that has been out of reach of Bigfoot researchers."
Up on the mountain, Hersom stands silently while Moneymaker and his group of volunteers puts the equipment to use. Through the camera's glowing scope, the darkness transforms into a silvery landscape. But there is no Bigfoot to be seen.

Moneymaker tips his head and emits a piercing scream. Over the radio, the scattered group of BFRO members is instructed to do the same and to knock baseball bats against trees.

The screams and knocks are meant to mimic the alleged noises of a 'real' Bigfoot.

The hope, Moneymaker says, is to trick the creatures into coming within filming range.

Does Hersom ever feel ... er ... a bit ridiculous?
"I'm just going to play it by ear," Hersom says. "I'm going to go as long as it feels right for me."

Hersom says he has only heard Bigfoot, but many within the group report more intimate encounters.

ANIMAL PLANET'S "WHALE WARS" WINS RATINGS BATTLE IN FOURTH SEASON OPENER
-- Weekend Also Delivers More Than 1M P2+ Viewers for FINDING BIGFOOT Season Premiere --
(New York, New York, June 7, 2011) - Captain Paul Watson's lifelong quest to end whaling may be coming to an end in the fourth and potentially final season of WHALE WARS, and viewers lined up behind him and his Sea Shepherd Conservation Society as the Friday's premiere was the series' most-watched debut ever, pulling in 1.271M P2+ viewers.

The six-part series, FINDING BIGFOOT, which premiered this past Sunday at 10 PM, drew in 1.088M P2+ viewers and 1.12M P2+ viewers for its 11 PM encore. In addition, a Memorial Day sneak preview telecast delivered 1.387M P2+ viewers, making it the network's most-watched late-night telecast ever.

WHALE WARS and FINDING BIGFOOT contributed to Animal Planet scoring its highest weekly prime delivery in more than eight years among M25-54 (210K).
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #45
rgregory
CF Senior Member

My 7 yr old girls love that show... but they also believe in santa claus too.
rgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #46
1KULC7
CF Senior Member

https://www.facebook.com/collin.macdonald.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Please don't tell me tax dollars is helping to fund this stupid show. Everyone knows bigfoot moved into western Pa back in the 70's.
Even Congress and the Senate can figure this one out.....no tax payer funding, instead we fund the mating habits of the gypsy moth, now that's worth a few million.
1KULC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #47
nate99
CF Senior Member

Just rough talk 'em, they'll git.

Last edited by nate99; 01-03-2012 at 11:37 AM.
nate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #48
capn37
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKitty View Post
Sooner or later they would find one dead in the road.

They did but he wasn't dead...

Click the image to open in full size.
capn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page Finding Bigfoot

Tags
bigfoot, crap, dollars, finding, forum, funny, humanzee, oliver, people, salary, show, tax