Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
SVT2888
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to SVT2888
Default Cars & Coffee v.4.28 *opinions please!*

So, lately I've been getting more "artistic" with my shots and doing lots of close-ups, black & whites, and "aerial" shots. I'd like to know what you guys think of that. Should I continue? Or tone it down a bit and keep it to mostly "Normal" shots?

As to the show...what can I say? Once again we had an excellent array of cars and the weather was PERFECT. This is probably one of my favorite sets of shots that I've ever taken. I said "wow" out loud while editing some of these shots, which is saying a lot because I've taken so many shots at this point that it's hard to amaze my self. As I was editing I kept thinking in a Steve Erkel voice "Did I do that?!"

My favorite cars from the show where the Mercedes Benz 200A Cabriolet which was brought over from the Mercedes Benz Classic Center, and the Jaguar V12 Powered Hot Rod. The crowd favorite was the Brabus SLS AMG. Which was your favorite car from this weekends set? Which was your favorite shot?

As always you guys may enjoy all the pics by going to: CNCpics.com or simply clicking on one of the pics above.

Follow us on Facebook if you really love cars: http://www.facebook.com/cncpics

Thanks,

-Leo
SVT2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Carguy2112
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT2888 View Post
So, lately I've been getting more "artistic" with my shots and doing lots of close-ups, black & whites, and "aerial" shots. I'd like to know what you guys think of that. Should I continue? Or tone it down a bit and keep it to mostly "Normal" shots?
I'm not a fan of 'artistic' shots of cars. When I see a pic of a car, I want to see the car. Not the left front fender.
Carguy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
KevinG
CF Senior Member

ArcticDC5

You've got some great photography skills. Lots of rich colors in most of those pictures. The fender/bumper/headlight pictures are nice when accompanied with another picture of the entire car though.
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
nate99
CF Senior Member

It's all good. If you've got something that is visually interesting, a well done close up is a nice change of pace. Just make sure you step back and get a shot of the whole car that went with it too.

Your stuff is about the only thing I even bother to look at on Facebook anymore.
nate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Scanlon
CF Senior Member

Clinton Scanlon Uranium Tank

I like the close up shots, they really emphasize the detail that people put into their cars (I love that GTO pic). Full body shots do help though.
Scanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
VegasJen
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy2112 View Post
I'm not a fan of 'artistic' shots of cars. When I see a pic of a car, I want to see the car. Not the left front fender.
AND
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
You've got some great photography skills. Lots of rich colors in most of those pictures. The fender/bumper/headlight pictures are nice when accompanied with another picture of the entire car though.
THIS.

I generally like your pics but when you post pics of some of these exotics most of us don't get a chance to see outside of a static display, it would be nice to see the whole car. Now if there is a specific feature that makes that car pop, fine, close up on that feature. But at least please put a whole shot in there too for us to drool over. For instance, the Ferrari grill above is a beautiful, artistic shot. But I'm not enough of an F-car guy to know which car that is.
Having said all that, I think your photography could be picture-book quality stuff. I could easily imagine a coffee table book with your shots. Imagine a big, 3/4 page shot of the GTO grill with a caption detailing the car and a "thumbnail" pic of the whole car. Would be awesome.
VegasJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
SVT2888
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to SVT2888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
AND

THIS.

I generally like your pics but when you post pics of some of these exotics most of us don't get a chance to see outside of a static display, it would be nice to see the whole car. Now if there is a specific feature that makes that car pop, fine, close up on that feature. But at least please put a whole shot in there too for us to drool over. For instance, the Ferrari grill above is a beautiful, artistic shot. But I'm not enough of an F-car guy to know which car that is.
Having said all that, I think your photography could be picture-book quality stuff. I could easily imagine a coffee table book with your shots. Imagine a big, 3/4 page shot of the GTO grill with a caption detailing the car and a "thumbnail" pic of the whole car. Would be awesome.
If you click on the detail shots there is usually a pic of the whole car on the page.

With some cars I like putting "teaser" shots.
SVT2888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
centralcalvette
CF Senior Member

Awesome job, awesome cars. Now where do I see these in person ? I've heard of C & C, but haven't been there yet. Where & when (every Sat ?)
centralcalvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
garagedweller2
CF Senior Member

I always wanted to ask you about your post processing. How do you get that super saturated, borderline HDR-ey (without the HDR cartoon-ey) look?
garagedweller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
lallend
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Quote:
I pretty much enjoy all of your work and would ask that ya keep doing what you've been doing.

That plus I know how time consuming your threads must be and say thanks for your work!
lallend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05

All you need now are some shots of the high end booty walking around.
Your shots are great
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
nate99
CF Senior Member

Quote:
If you click on the detail shots there is usually a pic of the whole car on the page.

With some cars I like putting "teaser" shots.
That's cool, it's fun to see if I can guess what some of the obscure ones are. I usually can't get them.
nate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
themonk
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09 & '12-'13-'14

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Beer, JK, money and cars

Quote:
wanna see as much of the car as possible.
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
Draven
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14

Send a message via AIM to Draven

I like both artsy and entire car. You do a great mix of the two in my opinion, so keep it up. I definitely see the other's points though, about getting a shot of the whole car.

That said, I love these posts.
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
mardyn
CF Senior Member

I like the artsy detail shots... show me some cool machining or fabrication... maybe some extraordinary welding or unique or unusual parts/equipment usage.

Whole car pics are OK too, but either way, keep 'em coming.

mardyn
mardyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
LT4POWR
CF Senior Member

I personally don't like to overly rich, saturated (what ever you call it) photoshopped looking pics. I'd much perfer just normal (un-edited) hi-def whole car shots.
LT4POWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #17
lionsfan5454
CF Senior Member

MOAR detail shots please. Like other people have said, let's see some cool welds or machined parts, etc
lionsfan5454 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
dano99vert
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Quote:
You take great pics but I like to see the whole car or a pic of the engine or interior is cool too. If you want to get a little more artistic get some hot chicks to pose next to the cars
dano99vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
oldgoat99
CF Senior Member

Nice pictures. You have talent.
oldgoat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
gs568
CF Senior Member

In order for you to properly entertain the members of OT, you should take it upon yourself to hire big busted bikini models. Otherwise, your work is excellent as always. Artsy shots would be fine.
gs568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page Cars & Coffee v.4.28 *opinions please!*

Tags
cars, coffee, southshore