Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #121
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby J View Post
...Mostly because of his own decisions. The dealership made a clerial error. He tried to take advantage of that. When the dealership asked him to sign the correct paperwork or return the car, he had the option to do the right thing, either way. But he wanted to take advantage of the situation and get something he didn't really deserve due to a mistake. That speaks far more to his character than any expunged arrest.
Great point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006c6keller View Post
If I remember correctly, Bill Heard had a similar reputation in the Houston/Sugarland, TX, area and also went out of business a decade or two ago.
Same with Bill Heard in the Orlando, FL area. Are any Heards still around???
UniqueDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #122
Blue Lion
CF Senior Member

Unreal. Dealer makes a mistake and they call the police? He walks.
Blue Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #123
su8pack1
CF Senior Member

su8pack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #124
ClevelandPlasma
CF Senior Member

Well here is another dealer complaint. Just as amazing guys >>>>>>> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...using-car.html
ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #125
mark1107
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14

Same thing happened to me six years ago but dealer didnt arrest me! http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-everyone.html

They wanted too though.

Last edited by mark1107; 10-10-2012 at 02:51 AM.
mark1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #126
KWIL
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
Mr Milner, my wife recently applied for a CCWL here in Florida. One of the questions on the application asks if she has ever been arrested, she answered "No". If fact she was falsely arrested in Virginia about 3 years ago. The Commonwealth dismissed all charges for lack of evidence. She was never questioned about the arrest in answering no. She also holds a Top Secret SBI clearance for the work that she does with the Navy and has never been questioned about it there either. So when charges are dismissed records are expunged, at least in her case.
Your wife was required to inform the investigator when asked, and list the information on her security forms. If she falsified her security forms, she is subject to fine and/or imprisonment.

A record of the arrest still exists. The investigating agency, OPM, received a report from the FBI, which listed the arrest, regardless of whether or not it was expunged.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #127
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1107 View Post
Same thing happened to me six years ago but dealer didnt arrest me! http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-everyone.html

They wanted too though.
So what did you end up doing??
Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #128
boraxman
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
So what did you end up doing??
Ya?
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #129
Ghost_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Your wife was required to inform the investigator when asked, and list the information on her security forms. If she falsified her security forms, she is subject to fine and/or imprisonment.

A record of the arrest still exists. The investigating agency, OPM, received a report from the FBI, which listed the arrest, regardless of whether or not it was expunged.
I'm telling you that she disclosed the arrest both on her application for her CCWL and when she was required to get her TS/SBI clearance. Whether it was located or not, neither agency even mentioned it to her or ask her for details surrounding the arrest.

She did not fail to inform anyone therefore she is not subject to a fine and or imprisonment. She was straight forward with everyone involved. My point is that the arrest was never mentioned by either agency.
Ghost_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #130
Swany00
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Mr Milner, my wife recently applied for a CCWL here in Florida. One of the questions on the application asks if she has ever been arrested, she answered "No". If fact she was falsely arrested in Virginia about 3 years ago. The Commonwealth dismissed all charges for lack of evidence. She was never questioned about the arrest in answering no. She also holds a Top Secret SBI clearance for the work that she does with the Navy and has never been questioned about it there either. So when charges are dismissed records are expunged, at least in her case.
Quote:
I'm telling you that she disclosed the arrest both on her application for her CCWL and when she was required to get her TS/SBI clearance. Whether it was located or not, neither agency even mentioned it to her or ask her for details surrounding the arrest.

She did not fail to inform anyone therefore she is not subject to a fine and or imprisonment. She was straight forward with everyone involved. My point is that the arrest was never mentioned by either agency.
She answered NO then you state she disclosed the arrest, so what story do you want to stick with?
Swany00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #131
KWIL
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Quote:
Mr Milner, my wife recently applied for a CCWL here in Florida. One of the questions on the application asks if she has ever been arrested, she answered "No".
Quote:
I'm telling you that she disclosed the arrest both on her application for her CCWL and when she was required to get her TS/SBI clearance.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #132
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany00 View Post
She answered NO then you state she disclosed the arrest, so what story do you want to stick with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post

Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #133
rag93vette
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium 04 View Post
Have you ever been in jail - I was erroneously arrested and spent 4 hours with 4 inmates being transferred from the state pen - I am lucky to have my teeth still

If you have not been erroneously arrested pipe down
What about correctly arrested?
rag93vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #134
KWIL
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post

Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #135
mark1107
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14

I got a credit union to write a check to the dealer for the price they agreed that was around 3500 under what they should have charged me and at first they refused my check then they accepted it and a couple of guys who handled my deal quit or were fired. F' em they've screwed over so many people. A little dish served cold paid em back.
mark1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page GM Car Dealer Has Buyer Arrested After Price Error