Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
Docbrock
CF Senior Member

Default What do you think about being charged by a doctor's office for missing an appointment

If you had a scheduled appointment, and did not show, do you think it is fair to be billed a fee for that broken appointment?

If you had broken... say three appointments, would you expect to be billed then?

I know how I feel on the subject... what about CFOT?
Docbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
69er
CF Senior Member

I feel it's fair.
69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Support Corvetteforum!

yep...I also think if you have to wait more than 15 min after your scheduled appointment time they should compensate you...I hate the ones who book 10 people for the same block of time
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
maxgood
CF Senior Member

If you do not call and cancel 24 hours in advance then yes.

On the turnaround, how about when YOU have an appointment and they keep you waiting well over an hour?

Its all bottom line these days, they overbook. YOUR time isnt worth anything. Unless it is an emergency I book another appointment at the 30 minute mark. Dealing with Doctors most of my life I understand the problems but I only used to give them 15 minutes of MY valuable time.

Last edited by maxgood; 02-23-2013 at 11:00 AM.
maxgood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
69er
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
yep...I also think if you have to wait more than 15 min after your scheduled appointment time they should compensate you...I hate the ones who book 10 people for the same block of time
I feel that's fair too.
69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
pentavolvo
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Quote:
I agree with this nothing pisses me off more then having a 10am doctors appointment, sitting in the waiting room till 10:20, then waiting in doctors room till 11 for the damn doctor. Why not just tell me to show up at 11
pentavolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
1Patriot
CF Senior Member

I got a registered letter and an apology from a doctor who was scheduled to see me.

Fo that apointment, I arrived 5 minutes before the appointment, waited 2 hours and then left. I told the receptionist on my way out that they should reschedule me only when the doctor would be available.

If Doctors want to bill for a missed appointment, they should realize that the pendelum swings both ways. File for damages in small claims court and screw up their day.
1Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
2KFRC5
CF Senior Member

If you had a scheduled appointment, and Doc did not show, do you think it is fair to bill the Doc a fee for that broken appointment?
2KFRC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
philip_g
CF Senior Member

Quote:
I used to have a doc that would literally leave you in the exam room waiting for an hour. At least leave me in the lobby where there's a tv or something
philip_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
6spdC6
CF Senior Member

Location: A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake in the "Peoples Republic" of upper NY state http://www.visitsacandaga.com/

If you have a scheduled appointment and miss it in my area you have to pay your co-payment. (Most insurance plans.) Most Docs offices call up 2 days before and give you a reminder. I do not blame the offices and think its fair!

Most in my area are good about hitting your scheduled appointment time, but of course sometimes a legitimate emergency does happen and they run late. FWIW it has hardly happened to me in the last 10 or so years, they have gotten much better!
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #11
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_g View Post
I used to have a doc that would literally leave you in the exam room waiting for an hour. At least leave me in the lobby where there's a tv or something
fk that....my time is worth something too....I suspect if he made an appointment to drop off his Benz at the delaer for service at 8am he would be pretty pissed if they made him wait till 9
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #12
philip_g
CF Senior Member

Quote:
fk that....my time is worth something too....I suspect if he made an appointment to drop off his Benz at the delaer for service at 8am he would be pretty pissed if they made him wait till 9
obviously I don't see him any more, my current doc is great about running on schedule, I make sure I'm a few minutes early so he hopefully stays that way
philip_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #13
gilhuly
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Three strikes you pay
gilhuly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
CatCam
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriot View Post
I got a registered letter and an apology from a doctor who was scheduled to see me.

Fo that apointment, I arrived 5 minutes before the appointment, waited 2 hours and then left. I told the receptionist on my way out that they should reschedule me only when the doctor would be available.

If Doctors want to bill for a missed appointment, they should realize that the pendelum swings both ways. File for damages in small claims court and screw up their day.
CatCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #15
CQRT
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Rolland Trayte
Send a message via AIM to CQRT

Clearly, in the medical profession, emergencies happen. If a Doc had to respond to a patient emergency at an ER- I think you'd cut them some slack.

But if a patient no shows- that's time the Doc could have booked for another patient and additional revenue. It is a business- and the inurance companies have whittled away on fees and coverages to the extent- when combined with spiraling liability premiums- that has dramatically impacted the economics of the business.

It can cut both ways- but to the OP- yes- charging for a missed appointment seems reasonable IMO.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
Tuco
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

No Homo fUSC SUX 314-4455

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriot View Post
they should realize that the pendelum swings both ways..
This.

If your like my dentist I schedule a cleaning and exam for every 6 months... so if you think most people can do that..
Not without a courtesy call.

But no, I have never missed one.
Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
Silverback51
CF Senior Member

Yep, they should be able to bill you if you did not cancel in advance.

On the other hand, I feel my time is just as valuable as their time. If they are more than 30 minutes late, I'm walking and they better not try to bill me as I will fight it.
Silverback51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
HOTXFIL
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to HOTXFIL Send a message via MSN to HOTXFIL Send a message via Yahoo to HOTXFIL Send a message via Skype™ to HOTXFIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KFRC5 View Post
If you had a scheduled appointment, and Doc did not show, do you think it is fair to bill the Doc a fee for that broken appointment?
I'll bet you won't find any doctors who think that's OK...
HOTXFIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
IB4TL
CF Senior Member

If something comes up last minute and you HAVE TO no-show then you're probably not going to be upset over paying $75 or $100 fee. I'm sure most people either forget or don't care enough to bother cancelling.

I cancelled an appointment about an hour before I was supposed to be there. Called the dentist's office from an airplane and said sorry, decided last minute to go on a trip. Since they knew me and I hadn't done it before, no worries, no fees.
IB4TL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #20
Chicago
CF Senior Member

Yes, it's fair but is sucks. Just avoid the doc altogether and see the Nurse Practitioner. Usually out in a half hour or less
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page What do you think about being charged by a doctor's office for missing an appointment