Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Off Topic
Off Topic | Non-Corvette Sponsored by
Bondurant School of HPD

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #61
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Poor pathetic little excuse for a boy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKguitar View Post
That's right, no, I am not having fun with you here. Like I said, nit picking peoples' grammar is not something I enjoy, so I generally don't do it. If you want to nit pick my grammar, have at it, I don't care. But it doesn't make your crappy writing any better.
Well for something you "generally don't do" you sure did come out of the gate pretty strong. If you took my general post about the grammar skills of OT personally, I apologize. But you have to admit, you did come on kinda strong, no? Nevertheless, it's all good.

And for what it's worth, I did amend my earlier challenge from grammar to spelling errors. Between my general intelligence and firefox spell checker I am fairly confident one could not find more than five spelling errors in 100 posts. If you have a slow afternoon give it a try, you know, for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKguitar View Post
What? A lack of grammatical errors does not, in and of itself, mean that the prose in question makes any sense. I'm not a grammarian, so I will not nit pick anyone's posts looking for grammatical errors. But my impression of your posts is that you mangle the English language sufficiently as to make your posts unintelligible at least as frequently as I do.
UniqueDoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #62
basicstrategy777
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
basicstrategy777's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Location: Glastonbury CT.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjdog2003 View Post
If his attorney was a female and he slapped her butt, the judge would have given him life without parole. The judge looks she hasn't got laid in over ten years.
I agree.

She looked like/acted like a guy, early on, really messed over her which resulted in her being a man hater and it still burns, burns, burns; a feminist with a chip on her shoulder with a black robe, is a dangerous thing. I think she needs a grudge f**k up against an off balanced washing machine to get her thinking right. IMHO.

777
basicstrategy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #63
PKguitar
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
 
PKguitar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Well for something you "generally don't do" you sure did come out of the gate pretty strong. If you took my general post about the grammar skills of OT personally, I apologize. But you have to admit, you did come on kinda strong, no? Nevertheless, it's all good.
No. I only pointed out that while you were on your high horse touting your writing skills, part of the very same post had such poor sentence structure that it was unintelligible. I thought THAT was funny. But apparently you got so butt hurt over it that you couldn't see the irony.
PKguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #64
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Poor pathetic little excuse for a boy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKguitar View Post
No. I only pointed out that while you were on your high horse touting your writing skills, part of the very same post had such poor sentence structure that it was unintelligible. I thought THAT was funny. But apparently you got so butt hurt over it that you couldn't see the irony.
This sentence you quoted (below for reference) is far from unintelligible. The last sentence was structured as such on purpose because I wanted the person it was directed to (ironically NOT you) to have to read it a few times to see "what I did". Yet another irony is you felt necessary to get on your "high horse" to pick apart a post which was (a) not directed to you, and (b) structured exactly as intended without grammatical errors. Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Commas are somewhat subjective and optional at times. Where you put those two I did not want to put a pause for the reader. Just like I did not want to after two above.
UniqueDoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #65
meadowz06
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13
 
meadowz06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: birmingham Alabama
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
good for the judge.
x10000000000000
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
18 corvette's and counting!
meadowz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #66
PKguitar
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
 
PKguitar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
This sentence you quoted (below for reference) is far from unintelligible. The last sentence was structured as such on purpose because I wanted the person it was directed to (ironically NOT you) to have to read it a few times to see "what I did". Yet another irony is you felt necessary to get on your "high horse" to pick apart a post which was (a) not directed to you, and (b) structured exactly as intended without grammatical errors. Fail.
One more time:

You wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
On a serious note, I challenge anyone to take the last 50 posts of mine and find more than 5 mistakes. I think the last mistake I made bsmith caught, it was your versus you're.

Proofreading, a decent education, and even more importantly caring is what makes the difference.
And then, you wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
Commas are somewhat subjective and optional at times. Where you put those two I did not want to put a pause for the reader. Just like I did not want to after two above.
And then I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKguitar View Post
What? A lack of grammatical errors does not, in and of itself, mean that the prose in question makes any sense. I'm not a grammarian, so I will not nit pick anyone's posts looking for grammatical errors. But my impression of your posts is that you mangle the English language sufficiently as to make your posts unintelligible at least as frequently as I do.
The last sentence in the second quote of yours above may not contain any grammatical errors, but it is nonsense. I know you think that commas are optional, but their proper use can change the meaning of sentences, and their improper use (or lack thereof) can change understandable writing into meaningless babble. The sentence in question might mean something in commonly used English if you had included the word "the" before the word "two", but now I am just guessing at what you meant, which is pretty much proof that the sentence as written is nonsense.

Despite the fact that the above is more or less fact, and that I said nothing about taking any challenges, you have spent the last two days chasing me around the board (this whole thing happened in another thread, if anyone else is bored to tears enough to be reading this) nit picking my grammar, and trying to get me to find past errors of yours, when a half dozen or more errors are obvious in the very posts you have been writing to get me to find errors.

If you can't understand that, go back to the shallow end of the pool.
PKguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #67
War Eagle ZO6
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10
 
War Eagle ZO6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 1999
Location: Your Forum Leader and Vice President and Coolest MF'er in the Coolleague.
Default

War Eagle ZO6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #68
gs568
CF Senior Member
 
gs568's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2001
Location: 24 Willie Mays Plaza S.F. California
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle ZO6 View Post
stupid Obama voter

Oh no you didn't. What about the 400 lb. Gorilla comment???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
Wow Judge, overreact much?
Just a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK'S_C5TT View Post
I agree, a Judge is suppose to be impartial and her behavior was not indicative of a judge. Still, it was funny
Sheriff thought it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo View Post
Should he have done it? No. She over reacted.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle ZO6 View Post
gs568 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #69
Vettmann17
CF Senior Member
 
Vettmann17's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island NY
Default

Wasn't the time or the place for a butt slap, but I can understand him doing that since they do it on the field all the time. I don't think the Judge was right in giving him 30 days for that, he clearly didn't mean to disrespect the court and did it in jest. If it were a male Judge you can rest assured he wouldn't have gotten jail time.
Vettmann17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #70
Dave1
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09
 
Dave1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Houston Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
Quality go to court attire.
Yeah, what was he thinking.....

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #71
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Poor pathetic little excuse for a boy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKguitar View Post
One more time:

You wrote:

And then, you wrote:

And then I wrote:

The last sentence in the second quote of yours above may not contain any grammatical errors, but it is nonsense. I know you think that commas are optional, but their proper use can change the meaning of sentences, and their improper use (or lack thereof) can change understandable writing into meaningless babble. The sentence in question might mean something in commonly used English if you had included the word "the" before the word "two", but now I am just guessing at what you meant, which is pretty much proof that the sentence as written is nonsense.

Despite the fact that the above is more or less fact, and that I said nothing about taking any challenges, you have spent the last two days chasing me around the board (this whole thing happened in another thread, if anyone else is bored to tears enough to be reading this) nit picking my grammar, and trying to get me to find past errors of yours, when a half dozen or more errors are obvious in the very posts you have been writing to get me to find errors.

If you can't understand that, go back to the shallow end of the pool.
"you have spent the last two days chasing me around the board"

Full of yourself? As a jest I fixed one of your posts, if that is chasing you perhaps you need a more fulfilling social life.

That being said, you mentioned "time" as one reason to not take the challenge and interest as another. But you have clearly demonstrated you have both the time and interest in this subject matter; what 10-15 posts over the last few days?

So once again, I challenge you to the amended "high horse" comment; find more than 5 spelling errors in my last 100 posts. Otherwise, stfu.

Think of all the time you already have invested, it only makes sense to take the challenge. Come on, knock me off my "high horse"! You just got caught up in a typical "UD debate" and most folks just get frustrated and give up, ask smearig or ptindall. What's your next move?

Last edited by UniqueDoug; 06-11-2013 at 04:32 PM.
UniqueDoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #72
Ruby6spd
CF Senior Member
 
Ruby6spd's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: Philly Pa
Default

I didn't read the whole thread so it may have been pointed out but why the heck would the Judge ask if he was satisfied with the job his lawyer did...

That is a wise *** comment/question if you think about it.
Ruby6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #73
PKguitar
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13-'14
 
PKguitar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueDoug View Post
"you have spent the last two days chasing me around the board"

Full of yourself? As a jest I fixed one of your posts, if that is chasing you perhaps you need a more fulfilling social life.
No, you have posted to me on this in at least 3 different threads in the last two days. Stalk much?

Quote:
That being said, you mentioned "time" as one reason to not take the challenge and interest as another. But you have clearly demonstrated you have both the time and interest in this subject matter; what 10-15 posts over the last few days?
No, you are wrong here. I have no interest in going back over old posts looking for spelling or grammar errors. I have spent ZERO time doing that in the last few days. Since I have no interest, I will be spending ZERO time doing that in the foreseeable future.

Quote:
So once again, I challenge you to the amended "high horse" comment; find more than 5 spelling errors in my last 100 posts. Otherwise, stfu.
So, once again, I'll tell you I have no interest in doing that. Your posts are self-proving.

Quote:
Think of all the time you already have invested, it only makes sense to take the challenge. Come on, knock me off my "high horse"!
I have invested very little time writing responses. I don't care to spend any time doing anything else.

Quote:
You just got caught up in a typical "UD debate" and most folks just get frustrated and give up, ask smearig or ptindall.
There is no way any intelligent person would read all this and conclude that any kind of "debate" has occurred.

Quote:
What's your next move?
I challenge you to admit that there really was an error in the sentence that I originally posted about. Otherwise, stfu.
PKguitar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #74
HyperX
U.S. Marines 89-93
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
HyperX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Cary Il
Send a message via AIM to HyperX Send a message via Yahoo to HyperX
Default

This judge is kinda hot!!! But she def needs to get laid!
HyperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #75
KWIL
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
 
KWIL's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: Northern mexico (south Texas)
Default

Will you two get a room?
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #76
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Poor pathetic little excuse for a boy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKguitar View Post
No, you have posted to me on this in at least 3 different threads in the last two days. Stalk much?
Ok, now you are going to have to back your shiat up; find the 3 separate threads. Obviously the original facebook thread does not count since that is where the initial interaction began. Since then I made the jest correction in this thread (thread 1). Now go find 2 more and have fun searching, they aren't there.

Quote:
...No, you are wrong here. I have no interest in going back over old posts looking for spelling or grammar errors. I have spent ZERO time doing that in the last few days. Since I have no interest, I will be spending ZERO time doing that in the foreseeable future...So, once again, I'll tell you I have no interest in doing that. Your posts are self-proving. I have invested very little time writing responses. I don't care to spend any time doing anything else.
So you have no problem claiming I'm on a high horse but zero interest in knocking me off it (except for a lame example where I should have put the word "the" to help you understand). Gotcha.

Quote:
...There is no way any intelligent person would read all this and conclude that any kind of "debate" has occurred.
Oh, it's the "typical UD debate" and you my friend are right in the thick of it.
UniqueDoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #77
UniqueDoug
CF Senior Member
 
UniqueDoug's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: Poor pathetic little excuse for a boy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Will you two get a room?
We already have one and there's room for one more. At least you are the antithesis of PK, you actually took the time to knock me off my high horse and did it quite easily (causing me to amend my challenge--post 196 in reporter thread).
UniqueDoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #78
neece
~~ CFOT Selfie Queen ~~
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
 
neece's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Less typey, more stfu.
Default

neece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #79
anjdog2003
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
anjdog2003's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: South Central L.A Cali
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neece View Post
Ocho Cinco can swat my butt anytime.









:skep
anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #80
BOTYNV1
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
 
BOTYNV1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Location: stuck in the middle with you
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearig View Post
That judge needs a "respect my authoritay" shirt to go along with the clown show she's running there. I'm sure the taxpayers will be happy to foot the bill for her little power trip.

dumb move for sure, ridiclous over the top this is my courtroom bs
BOTYNV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > Off Topic > Off Topic
Reload this Page Chad Ocho "I'm a dumbazz" Cinco gets 30 days
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ex-NFL star 'Ochocinco' Johnson being released C3Dave Off Topic 4 06-18-2013 09:30 AM
CFB--Alabama commitment arrested for 2nd rape in last 3 weeks War Eagle ZO6 Off Topic 39 10-01-2012 12:03 PM
Unemployed Chad Johnson drops over $300K on a car bob7876 Off Topic 20 09-24-2012 09:45 PM
Chad Johnson arrested bob7876 Off Topic 55 08-15-2012 11:45 AM
Chad Johnson released by Dolphins bac22 Off Topic 1 08-13-2012 08:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Emails & Password Backup