Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FS: 2003 Honda VFR800A/ABS - $7500 (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FS: 2003 Honda VFR800A/ABS - $7500 (pics)

(I see guys advertising their cars on here, so I hope this ok?)
Central CA located, not willing to ship. Title in hand

This is just a feeler for interest. I have my first born on the way and I'm deploying to Iraq soon so my priorities have changed just a bit. I've only been riding every other weekend and it's just not fair to the bike.

If you have a few minutes, read on:

I'm giving my vette counterparts a crack at it before it goes for sale publically. A little background, The VFR is a sport/touring bike that is basically a jack of all trades. You can track it and do very well, you can also take it long distances (5.9 ga tank) and it is very comfortable. You can ride single, or 2 up. Engine is a 800 (781cc) V4 with a 11,700 redline, 6spd. It uses a VTEC valvetrain which engages at around 6000 rpm. Under the transition and moderate driving you can exceed 50 mpg. It is a heavier sport bike, but if it were a car I would compare it to a Caddy CTS-V. It rides comfortably, but still screams when it needs to. Because of its cost (about 12k new) and it's weight, many other 600-1000s are more popular, so this Honda with its unique engine, single sided swing arm, undertail exhaust is not as common and still turns heads.

It's a great jack of all trades bike, I even learned to ride on the same model (not this one).

All riding stuff/gear must go
I'm the second owner, I picked it up with about 1300 miles on it from an older guy who just didn't have time to ride it. Purchased in 2006.

$7500 takes it all
2003 Honda VFR800A, WITH ABS
5314 miles on it, still original tires (They have about 300-500 miles left on them, need new) Never crashed.
ALWAYS GARAGED (both owners)
Chain always kept clean
Oil change less than 1000 miles/6 months ago. (Changed twice since I owned it)

Extras: (ALL WILL BE INCLUDED) (Some parts are from my other silver VFR...R.I.P.)
RAM Mount for Garmin Quest GPS ($85 value)
Silver Carbon Fiber Heel Guard covers (bling!)
Extra set of SILVER fairings (left, right, upper), cosmetically damaged (NOT FROM THIS BIKE!!!)
Honda Silver Hard bags, NEVER USED, only mounted once, includes interior Honda Bags (US version)
TWO sets of grab handles, TWO sets of buddy pegs (easy switching between bagged/unbagged)
Black CF/Silver Piping SARGENT seat, like new. (paid $300+)
Two honda tool kits
Stock seat, barely used.

Mods:
Some intake mods (more vroom, reversable)
PAIR removed (reversable)
CompWerkes Fender Eliminator (Reversable, have stock)
75% gutted stock exhaust (sounds great! not reversable)

If you need these, I got them and we can work something out:
Two piece, FirstGear Leathers (down once on another bike), great condition.
Full Leather Gauntlet-style gloves
Shoei RF1000 Helmet, used with some marks.
Garmin Quest (it matches the bike, I can let it go... waterproof)
Sidi B-One boots
(I'm 6'1" w/ 35 inch waist, size 12 shoe)

Also have,
Womens Shift M-1 jacket, like new (used twice)
Other assorted ladies gear
(Wife is 5'2", small-medium)

Disclaimers (I want to tell you everything!):
Previous owner believes the dealership knocked the bike over on the show room floor. There are two marks on the fairings which are small (can't see them in pics). The gauge bezel and windscreen shifted a few mm (I believe) as a result. The bike rides PERFECT.

I replaced one of the small "V" shaped plastic piece that sits under the grips. Looks like someone tightened one of the allen screws town too hard and it cracked the finish. Replaced one is perfect, oem honda part.

I tipped the bike over at a gas station one time while I was seated, luckly it fell ON me. Friend pulled it off, no body contact to ground. No damage to bike, slightly bent the brake pedal. Replaceable but works like stock.

On to the pics: I can take pictures of anything else you want, just PM me.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:11 AM
danziger
Team Owner

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Nice bike, fair price and I wish you were local. I'm looking for something more comfortable than my CBR... Keep your head down in Iraq. I'll be heading that way myself shortly...
Old 11-12-2007, 07:55 PM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

Wish you were local, too Good luck with your deployment, head down likewise
"If you can see them, they can shoot you"
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

Bump, still for sale. I wasn't expecting too many bites during the riding "off season" but I'll keep it out there. One more month and this will sit in my garage my entire deployment. Needs a good home!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 AM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

TTT

I'm still deployed, but with gas going the way it is I think the market will increase for motorcycles. I figured, I'd bump it up there for the heck of it. With a VTEC motor you still get 45-50mpg while driving under the VTEC transition (around 6000 rpm). Spirited riding will still net you high 30's low 40s mpg.

Still needs a good home that will ride her more. I also have a set of larger diameter, catless headers that I will throw in. They are hard to find and are worth about $350-400. Riding gear is also available.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Sweet VFR. My last bike was a '96 VFR 750. Fun bikes. I really like the sound of a V4.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
egypt123
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet bike. I can't buy it, but I'd seriously think about trading my FRC for one of these + plus cash if one were closer. Love that silver.

Bump for ya if it's still available.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:55 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by danziger
Nice bike, fair price and I wish you were local. I'm looking for something more comfortable than my CBR... Keep your head down in Iraq. I'll be heading that way myself shortly...
I am in PA and I have 3 bikes for sale. 97 TLS in fantastic shape and 18k miles, 1986 Ninja ZX10R with 13k miles and a 96 GPZ 1100 (ninja zx11E) with less than 5k miles in near showrooom shape and I am looking to move ALL OF THEM. PM me if interested because I have pics of all of them. TL is red and the kawasaki's are both black.

Originally Posted by DefenderC5
Bump, still for sale. I wasn't expecting too many bites during the riding "off season" but I'll keep it out there. One more month and this will sit in my garage my entire deployment. Needs a good home!
great color and I can vouch that these bikes are great. Good to tour and still can rip up a back road and cruise at high speeds very easily. Word to the wise though, if you had decent tires and not those crappy BT020's that bike would feel 40 lbs lighter....lol I had them on my TL for a while, ripped them off in 1k miles in favor of M3's. My color....silver.

I am selling my bikes to get a new one. Either a left over CBR1000RR for 8.5k or a leftover ZX14 for 9k.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2003 Honda VFR800A/ABS - $7500 (pics)

Quick Reply: FS: 2003 Honda VFR800A/ABS - $7500 (pics)