Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Buy a GTR or Z06 !

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Oman_Supra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy a GTR or Z06 !

hi guys
i just sold my 996tt modified one, althought it was a bit faster then the Z06 " top speed only " but i got good price in my 996 and searching for a car as good as 997t as its performance and i feel the Z06 might be my next car

my first question to ask is there any difference between a 2006 Z06 & 2007 Z06 interior, performance,...etc ?

second i was thinking and reading about the Nissan GTR althought we got here some R34 here but they arent fast as the Z06.
But my question i read magazines says the GTR factory est that its 1/4 mile is 11.7 ! 3.5 0-60
how come GTR has more weight & less power then Z06!

Z06 Curb Weight 1420 kg / GTR 3130 lbs 1720 kg / 3792 lbs
Z06 Power 372.9 kw / 500 bhp @ 6200 rpm GTR 352.7 kw / 473 bhp @ 6400 rpm

Z06 0 - ¼ mile 12 seconds GTR 11.7 seconds
Z06 0 - 60 mph 3.6 seconds GTR 3.5 seconds
i got those # from supercars.net and many other magazines
i have feeling i dont believe Nissan est those perforamance times.
I think GTR cannot do better then 12.2 because its heavier then the Z06 and the 997T, plus it has less hp then the Z06 and like 25hp !!
so should i wait for the GTR or go ahead buy used Z06 that i found since that i have no sport car for 5 months now

Excuse my english
Old 12-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Z06!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Oman_Supra
Instructor

i hope maybe by the end of JAN or middle of FEB i might buy a Z06
Old 12-08-2007, 06:46 PM
WFO
Drifting

Really now, did you really need to ask this question?

Of course the Z06!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Exterminator
Melting Slicks

You will love it! Good choice!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:51 PM
fstyloz
Racer

I doubt anyone on this forum would vote for the GTR. I bet if you went to a GTR forum they would all say get the GTR.
As expected my vote is the Z even though I have never driven a GTR. I vote for the Z because I have NEVER driven a car I thought was better. Good luck with the decision.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:56 PM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want a sports sedan get the GTR. If you want a sports car, get the ZO6.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Two different cars for sure! Why not own both JK.

I love my 07 Z06 and right now I can't even imagine getting rid of it. The only thing I want to do is send it to Katech, LPE or Vette Doctors to get more power and improve handling.

I have had a deposit on a 08 GT-R since the 2007 SEMA show and I think that it will be a awesome car right from the factory with a stock block rumored to hold up to 800hp and hold high boost! The car will be a joint build between a well known performcae shop and myself to showcase a progression of modifications that will be done to the car. I'm excited and can't wait to get the car.

Test them both when the GT-R comes out in the spring if you can get your hands on one ( good luck ) and compare the two.

If you want a great proven High performance car right now...go with the Z06...it will put a big on your face for sure.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:09 PM
emaratee
Instructor

GT-R is an all wheel drive and that caters for the easy launch and a quick 0-60. Only a good Z06 driver could match that ... and this is where the story ends in acceleration department; where I believe the Z06 will walk over the GT-R without a sweat. Quite similar to the 911TT-997 outcome with the Z06.

I had the intention to place an order on the GT-R. But after seeing it in person in Dubai's motor show .. I changed my mind. The car's look is over done !! … technically not my kind of toy. Price wise what I’ve been told it will cost around 240K in UAE currency ($ 65K) .. for the car’s spec. that is one good deal no doubt about it.

One last thing ... I'm sure will get a great deal and serious discounts on 07 Z06 .. check UAE dealers.

my 2 cents.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:10 PM
RedC6
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You DO realize this is a Corvette forum, right?

My vote goes to the Z06, I could have either one and will keep my Z, thank you very much......
Old 12-08-2007, 11:31 PM
sickblackvert
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedC6
You DO realize this is a Corvette forum, right?

My vote goes to the Z06, I could have either one and will keep my Z, thank you very much......
nissan cool but z better
Old 12-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Brabus2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Wanderer Z06
Two different cars for sure! Why not own both JK.

I love my 07 Z06 and right now I can't even imagine getting rid of it. The only thing I want to do is send it to Katech, LPE or Vette Doctors to get more power and improve handling.

I have had a deposit on a 08 GT-R since the 2007 SEMA show and I think that it will be a awesome car right from the factory with a stock block rumored to hold up to 800hp and hold high boost! The car will be a joint build between a well known performcae shop and myself to showcase a progression of modifications that will be done to the car. I'm excited and can't wait to get the car.

Test them both when the GT-R comes out in the spring if you can get your hands on one ( good luck ) and compare the two.

If you want a great proven High performance car right now...go with the Z06...it will put a big on your face for sure.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Very curious and looking forward to seeing your GT-R build, I have interest in this car myself. Good luck!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
kevettez06
Burning Brakes

Get the Z06! My z06 will be here in Kuwait by feb
Old 12-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Brabus2
Very curious and looking forward to seeing your GT-R build, I have interest in this car myself. Good luck!
Thanks my son and I along with AMS (Automotosports) out of Chicago who built our 710whp Evo will be joined on this project. Should be fun.

The dealer lists for this car are growing fast so if your intrested it might not be a bad idea to get on one ASAP. I was first at my dealers and have a "notorized signed agreement" for MSRP for ours but I talked to my sales manager and he said they are now taking deposits with " Market ajustment " on all other orders but they are going to honor mine. Six people have jumped on the list in the last two weeks!! I find that funny since I was the only one on it for almost one year.

I still have a few conserns about the GT-R ( weight and ECU mostly )which I won't go into. I also have a issue with the upcoming ZR-1 ( the SC ) which I also have a deposit on is the main issue with me.

I will sit back and see how it plays out...just like I did on my Z06.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:45 AM
O7zeeO6
Racer

Originally Posted by Oman_Supra
hi guys

my first question to ask is there any difference between a 2006 Z06 & 2007 Z06 interior, performance,...etc ?

Although they are practically have the same performance numbers, if you have a choice between an 06 and 07, take the 07 for the following reasons:

- Better roof glue, mine is still intact
- Better half shaft
- and other little stuff like steering mounted radio controls, chrome rim option, and some other stuff I might have missed

If an 08 is available, take that over the 07 in a heart beat especially if the price is $5K or so apart. Newer is definitely better when it comes to this C6 Z.

Good luck
Old 12-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Oman_Supra
Instructor

Well i liked one of the post that own both of them , i might go ahead buy a Z06 for now and i already spoke to nissan dealer for a GTR , even if you didnt like a GTR you wont lose any much $ when you are going to resale it becuz people just want to own that car.
well guys can you tell me if the Z06 2006 same as the 2007 ?
Old 12-09-2007, 03:18 AM
allegretto
Burning Brakes

Hey, fellas, what's it gonna take?

You want a Nissan? Go get one and stop the BS on the Z forum. Don't you guys ever stop?

Go over to the Skyline forum and ask such questions. Most guys here don't give a rat's behind.

You like a GT-R, go buy one and enjoy it. Quit coming over here every other day and asking about it. We all think it's "very nice", OK?

Get yourselves a life and quit asking us.

Really

Get notified of new replies

To Buy a GTR or Z06 !

Old 12-09-2007, 05:15 AM
RossN
Burning Brakes

You appear to be interesting in the performance numbers, so this is what you should do.

Buy the Z06, then modify the suspension, wheels, brakes, interior, and engine and call it a day.

With engine mod's, do a twin turbo on the forged motor, or a head/cam package with a reputable tuner. Make sure your local tuner knows what they are doing before you go down this road.

With the above changes, you will have a car you can drive every day on the street, AND just about beat every car you can think of on the track or in a street race.

Good luck.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:01 AM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by O7zeeO6
Although they are practically have the same performance numbers, if you have a choice between an 06 and 07, take the 07 for the following reasons:

- Better roof glue, mine is still intact
- Better half shaft
- and other little stuff like steering mounted radio controls, chrome rim option, and some other stuff I might have missed

If an 08 is available, take that over the 07 in a heart beat especially if the price is $5K or so apart. Newer is definitely better when it comes to this C6 Z.

Good luck
....'07 has 100k mile powertrain warranty -- the '06s do not
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 AM
RedC6
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
Hey, fellas, what's it gonna take?

You want a Nissan? Go get one and stop the BS on the Z forum. Don't you guys ever stop?

Go over to the Skyline forum and ask such questions. Most guys here don't give a rat's behind.

You like a GT-R, go buy one and enjoy it. Quit coming over here every other day and asking about it. We all think it's "very nice", OK?

Get yourselves a life and quit asking us.

Really

Very well put...

Quick Reply: Buy a GTR or Z06 !