Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Should I buy a Trailblazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Default Should I buy a Trailblazer SS

Currently my wife has a Mitsubishi Outlander 2007 XlS. It is really loaded bluetooth,leather 18's blah blah blah. Its a really decent little want to be SUV. I was thinking about selling it a and purchasing a used Trailblazer SS there are a bunch of them priced under 19k for 06's with nav and stuff.

I get a gas card for my job but when gas was $4.50 I was maxing it out every month now that it has come down I am not maxing it out.

I am thinking gas will stay around $3.00 for at least the next year or so. What do you guys think?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I just bought a white 06 SS and I really like it, yeah the gas milage blows 18 hwy (at best) and combined I'm seeing closer to 13.5 but I'm driving pretty "spirited".
It really moves and if you ever need to pass anyone drop the hammer and you are gone.
I really wish they would have put an overdrive in the tranny to help the milage but what can you do. I find the truck to be a nice comprimise between performance and utility. For the money your not going to find a more fun SUV.
I look forward to driving it but I am glad that gas has come down, it's just so addictive to put your foot into the thing.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
I just bought a white 06 SS and I really like it, yeah the gas milage blows 18 hwy (at best) and combined I'm seeing closer to 13.5 but I'm driving pretty "spirited".
It really moves and if you ever need to pass anyone drop the hammer and you are gone.
I really wish they would have put an overdrive in the tranny to help the milage but what can you do. I find the truck to be a nice comprimise between performance and utility. For the money your not going to find a more fun SUV.
I look forward to driving it but I am glad that gas has come down, it's just so addictive to put your foot into the thing.

I have a blue SS and love it!
Surprisingly enough, it is actually really good in the snow too. Gives you a summer Vette AND a winter Vette.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Robbo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a white 06 as well. We love it. Agree with everything posted. Mileage isn't super... but it's much more fun than the Tahoe I replaced

In town I'm seeing mid 14 - low 15. That's driving like a grandma/grandpa most of the time with 1-2 romps up an onramp every couple of days (my wife drives it most days).

Wish we had gotten black though so it would match the coupe...

SU Vette - EXCELLENT looking pair!

Rob
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Robbo
I have a white 06 as well. We love it. Agree with everything posted. Mileage isn't super... but it's much more fun than the Tahoe I replaced

In town I'm seeing mid 14 - low 15. That's driving like a grandma/grandpa most of the time with 1-2 romps up an onramp every couple of days (my wife drives it most days).

Wish we had gotten black though so it would match the coupe...

SU Vette - EXCELLENT looking pair!

Rob
Thanks.

I think my next project will be to make the interiors match. SS is black/grey and the coupe is black/tan.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04

I was able to trade my Outlander on the C5 I purchased yesterday. I am looking for a SS now before she throws me out for not having a car
Old 10-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Yogivette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at the same thing...im looking at three options...Trailblazer SS, G8, CTS-V (old one) all with maggies...im going to start another thread.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by Yogivette
I have been looking at the same thing...im looking at three options...Trailblazer SS, G8, CTS-V (old one) all with maggies...im going to start another thread.
Cts V would be my choice if it wasn't a 6 speed. Wife can drive stick but doesn't want to
Old 10-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Robbo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are the three options I would choose between. We wanted the roominess and ability to fold the seats down and load it up that an SUV has, so the TBSS was the one for us.

Rob
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04

I found a 06 TBSS AWD 29k with navi and leather for $17,000 in Montana. I don't think I want or need AWD.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:58 PM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Wicked C5
I found a 06 TBSS AWD 29k with navi and leather for $17,000 in Montana. I don't think I want or need AWD.
Where in Montana. I have an uncle on the west side and a friend working up north. If your seriously interested, I could possibly have one of them go look at it if its close enough.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by S.U. Vette
Where in Montana. I have an uncle on the west side and a friend working up north. If your seriously interested, I could possibly have one of them go look at it if its close enough.
Billings Montana but I don't think I want AWD more gas,more trouble. It's a great deal though and hard to pass up
Old 10-31-2008, 03:47 PM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by Wicked C5
Billings Montana but I don't think I want AWD more gas,more trouble. It's a great deal though and hard to pass up
If you want it for winter/snow, you cant beat the AWD.

My buddy will be coming back to Colorado in a few days and comes right through Billings. Let me know if you would like it checked out. Also, really handy is that he is a mechanic.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by S.U. Vette
If you want it for winter/snow, you cant beat the AWD.

My buddy will be coming back to Colorado in a few days and comes right through Billings. Let me know if you would like it checked out. Also, really handy is that he is a mechanic.
Sounds good the car is under warranty but still deciding on the AWD part.
I may have to pick it up since it's a deal
Old 10-31-2008, 05:58 PM
PHPD7102
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

I had an 06 2wd SS and now I have an 07 AWD SS. If you see no snow the 2wd is plenty and you'll get better gas mileage. The 2wd was just "ok" at best in the snow, the awd rocks.

I have had 0 problems with both trucks and would recommend one to anybody, the prices have really come down on them so good deals are to be had if you want one.

Almost forgot, known issues:

The rubber seal around the body panel that houses the license plate leaks a black adhesive that slowly seaps out, not a big deal but does take an occasional clean up.

A few people have had the black plastic cap that covers the top of the rear bumper get "wavy" in a few spots.

If you dont have running boards or mudflaps stones and stuff kicked up by the tires will put little chips all over the bottom edge of the truck from the rear of the front wheel all the way back to the end of the back bumper.

Last edited by PHPD7102; 10-31-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PHPD7102
I had an 06 2wd SS and now I have an 07 AWD SS. If you see no snow the 2wd is plenty and you'll get better gas mileage. The 2wd was just "ok" at best in the snow, the awd rocks.

I have had 0 problems with both trucks and would recommend one to anybody, the prices have really come down on them so good deals are to be had if you want one.

The rubber seal around the body panel that houses the license plate leaks a black adhesive that slowly seaps out, not a big deal but does take an occasional clean up.

A few people have had the black plastic cap that covers the top of the rear bumper get "wavy" in a few spots.

If you dont have running boards or mudflaps stones and stuff kicked up by the tires will put little chips all over the bottom edge of the truck from the rear of the front wheel all the way back to the end of the back bumper.
Funny you mentioned those issues, a few months ago when I was looking for a TBSS, quite a few of the ones I looked at all had those problems. LOL
Old 10-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by PHPD7102

One I looked at had that problem. Thanks for the heads up

Get notified of new replies

To Should I buy a Trailblazer SS

Old 11-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04

Might have a deal with one in AZ. I'll keep you guys posted!!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:45 AM
BADMFR
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Just picked up an '07 TBSS tonight! Only thing I see that needs an immediate upgrade is the lighting... dims are not so good. Gonna find some HID's and order em tomorrow otherwise I love it so far.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:59 AM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by BADMFR
Just picked up an '07 TBSS tonight! Only thing I see that needs an immediate upgrade is the lighting... dims are not so good. Gonna find some HID's and order em tomorrow otherwise I love it so far.
Congrats!!