Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Almost killed by a Toyota today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by stic5
Good ol' Denial Dave giving us is super biased $0.02 cents. I'm very happy for him because pretty soon he's going to be able all the Toyotas he wants for about $500 each. I just hope one of them doesn't kill him.
Let me know when a 2010 Prius sells for $500. I will buy at least 20 of em. With some of the profit I get from selling them to other denial dingbats, I'll send you a Cobalt, since you probably believe it is a great car for the money.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stic5
Good ol' Denial Dave giving us is super biased $0.02 cents. I'm very happy for him because pretty soon he's going to be able all the Toyotas he wants for about $500 each. I just hope one of them doesn't kill him.

Hopefully won't kill him. However, there is a incredible likely hood more Toyota's including the Prius will kill more innocent Americans. Sadly, all the while some American's will make excuses for a foreign company that covered up defects that killed these poor people. The worst part is some have such a built in bias against America and, her products people do not see clearly or worse even care. And, to top that many of the people with that built in bias actually live in and, have been recipients of many of the great opportunities this country has to offer.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

....this coming from a guy whose avatar shows a Corvette with a massive oil leak......
Old 05-01-2010, 11:17 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
Maybe you should look into the type of car that killed the people you appear to have so much passion and, concern for. Sadly, your passion and, concern appears as usual to be more for the import car (Toyota) then the Americans that died in the cars. This is why you almost always appear in a thread that concerns import cars. Though your constant defense of imports may be admirable to some. Sadly, your defense and, admiration for imports this time is misplaced and, clearly wrong.

you just cant dig yourself out of that hole fast enough, can you!

i mean there is no way an American auto product supplier could produce faulty products and and an American auto manufacturer would put them on their car, knowing they couldbe defective, but not take effective action before an estimated 119 people die in their cars and about 250 people die overall. no, that could NEVER happen to American companies. keep up the good fight, soldier.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave68
....this coming from a guy whose avatar shows a Corvette with a massive oil leak......
Either you need glasses or a brain.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by m48xhp
you just cant dig yourself out of that hole fast enough, can you!

i mean there is no way an American auto product supplier could produce faulty products and and an American auto manufacturer would put them on their car, knowing they couldbe defective, but not take effective action before an estimated 119 people die in their cars and about 250 people die overall. no, that could NEVER happen to American companies. keep up the good fight, soldier.
Relax there pal and, learn a lesson. Never, ever put words into someones post.

American, manufactures have done horrible things in the past including covering up asbestos exposure. However, many of the companies had & have employees that do the right thing and, often blow the whistle. Also, the United States has very stiff economic fines and, criminal prosecution. Take a moment to learn or read history books you will find this out. American companies are held to a higher standard. On the topic of asbestos it is still a legal substance in many parts of Asia. You may want to ask yourself why or at the very least attempt to find out.

Take a moment to learn the type of business culture, and the types of governments you are speaking of in Asia before posting. This way you will appear more informed. If you are naive enough to believe the business culture in Asia along with the governments of those countries has your best interest at heart you are beyond dim witted. The business culture although not perfect in America is set up to guard against this type of thing happening. There are rewards for whistle blowers along with many safeguards. Is the system perfect? Not by a long shot. Again, take some time to learn about the culture, business culture and, the governments in Asia. After you do this you will sound somewhat more intelligent if that is possible.

Sadly, the American education system has failed in not teaching history and, culture of other countries. This is why many are so mis-informed and, as we see extremely naive.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe you should look into the type of car that killed the people you appear to have so much passion and, concern for. Sadly, your passion and, concern appears as usual to be more for the import car (Toyota) then the Americans that died in the cars. This is why you almost always appear in a thread that concerns import cars. Though your constant defense of imports may be admirable to some. Sadly, your defense and, admiration for imports this time is misplaced and, clearly wrong.
I suppose with that logic you also agree that guns kill people, not the people that pull the trigger LOL. Cars do not kill people at all. People are aware of the issue going on with Toyota. My uncle just bought himself a 2010, Tundra and couldn't be happier. However, he is aware of the issue and hopefully nothing happens to him.

Have you even witnessed the issues with the 2003-2004 Corvette fuel leaking issues? While imports due have issues, they are not uncommon to domestics as well. But I guess you will simply ignore that also. 2003-2004 Vettes have faulty fuel systems that can and have been known to ignite the fuel system and the car blowing up. Oh and your precious GM has done absolutely NOTHING to recall those cars or even help those that were effected. So yes, keep preaching your rant about imports only. While Americans build cars that also kill Americans. What's worse getting killed by foreigners or our own brothers. Wake up please.

Sadly, the American education system has failed in not teaching history and, culture of other countries. This is why many are so mis-informed and, as we see extremely naive.
Yeah, as with other threads, you pick a fight with everyone else and EVERYONE else is uneducated and wrong. Did you ever think that maybe you are incorrect, or will you continue to believe that everyone else in the world is wrong and you're the only correct person.

-Alex
Old 05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Link to said thread for Vette Suspension. Please read.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...or-smells.html

And you might also be interested to know that parts of your Corvette are built in foreign countries.

-Alex
Old 05-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AlexSmith
I suppose with that logic you also agree that guns kill people, not the people that pull the trigger LOL. Cars do not kill people at all. People are aware of the issue going on with Toyota. My uncle just bought himself a 2010, Tundra and couldn't be happier. However, he is aware of the issue and hopefully nothing happens to him.

Have you even witnessed the issues with the 2003-2004 Corvette fuel leaking issues? While imports due have issues, they are not uncommon to domestics as well. But I guess you will simply ignore that also. 2003-2004 Vettes have faulty fuel systems that can and have been known to ignite the fuel system and the car blowing up. Oh and your precious GM has done absolutely NOTHING to recall those cars or even help those that were effected. So yes, keep preaching your rant about imports only. While Americans build cars that also kill Americans. What's worse getting killed by foreigners or our own brothers. Wake up please.

Yeah, as with other threads, you pick a fight with everyone else and EVERYONE else is uneducated and wrong. Did you ever think that maybe you are incorrect, or will you continue to believe that everyone else in the world is wrong and you're the only correct person.

-Alex

Take a moment and, think. Anything mechanical can break down or even be designed incorrectly. However, there is a big difference between a breakdown or poor design over a cover-up that killed innocent people. Maybe you can post about the innocent victims of the Corvette's blowing up along with the proof that GM covered up the defects or cause of death.

Get over your love and, admiration for imports and, you may actually get what happened right here in America to fellow citizens at the hands of a foreign company.

Last edited by Vette Suspension; 05-02-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Take a moment and, think. Anything mechanical can break down or even be designed incorrectly. However, there is a big difference between a breakdown or poor design over a cover-up that killed innocent people.

Get over your love and, admiration for imports and, you may actually get what happened right here in America to fellow citizens at the hands of a foreign company.
Ignoring my post point about the fuel leaking Corvettes I see. You'll just never get it. Adamantly incorrect and blindly biased to a major fault dispite all the evidence available. You truelly are a very individualistic person.

-Alex
Old 05-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

I'm guessing you're still going to deny the evidence in the thread I provided you too. Oh and probably still going to deny the evidence that domestic cars are built with parts and in foreign countries. You're not a debator, you'r just a domestic nutswinger.

-Alex
Old 05-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Link to said thread for Vette Suspension. Please read.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...or-smells.html

And you might also be interested to know that parts of your Corvette are built in foreign countries.

-Alex
I'm not at all swayed by your propaganda. Buy, whatever you want from whomever you want. I have no problem with certain parts or even certain products made from other countries. The issue is people who clearly have a bias for some reason or another against the country they claim to live in the United States. Sadly, people like yourself have no issue bashing American products while frequently propping up products from Asia. Personally, I believe people like this have issues with the country they live in more then the product itself.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Ignoring my post point about the fuel leaking Corvettes I see. You'll just never get it. Adamantly incorrect and blindly biased to a major fault dispite all the evidence available. You truelly are a very individualistic person.

-Alex
Look at the timeline of my post compared to yours. No need to edit my response. I asked for proof of GM's cover-up of Corvette's blowing up and, information about the victims and, deaths attributed to the car's blowing up.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

I'm guessing you're still going to deny the evidence in the thread I provided you too. Oh and probably still going to deny the evidence that domestic cars are built with parts and in foreign countries. You're not a debator, you'r just a domestic nutswinger.

-Alex
Read the replies before you spout off. You may just be surprised at what you will learn and, you may come across as somewhat informed.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:04 PM
VorteXGT
New Money Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Sadly, the American education system has failed in, teaching, me, how to use commas, when I, create sentences,
Sorry, but I refuse to have a serious debate with someone who can not form proper sentences while insulting the intelligence/education of another. Your posts and your logic are too hard for me to understand. My American education must have failed me.

I'm glad that the American business culture and government does have my/our best interest at heart. I should start a GM dealership and buy a few thousand shares of GM stocks...I can't lose!
Old 05-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VorteXGT
Sorry, but I refuse to have a serious debate with someone who can not form proper sentences while insulting the intelligence/education of another. Your posts and your logic are too hard for me to understand. My American education must have failed me.

I'm glad that the American business culture and government does have my/our best interest at heart. I should start a GM dealership and buy a few thousand shares of GM stocks...I can't lose!
Now this maybe the funniest post of all time. Can Not. You have to be kidding? Be very careful what you state when you post. Or you may look as dim witted as the member above.

Commas | Punctuation Rules
When starting a sentence with a weak clause, use a comma after it. Conversely, do not use a comma when the sentence starts with a strong clause followed by ...
www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp - Cached - Similar

Cannot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Definition of cannot from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games.
www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/cannot - Cached - Similar

To, Too, Two - e Learn English Language
What's the difference between to, too, and two? It's not too difficult to use them, once you take the time to learn what they mean - and do some practicing ...
www.elearnenglishlanguage.com › English Difficulties - Cached - Similar

Last edited by Vette Suspension; 05-02-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Now this maybe the funniest post of all time. Can Not. You have to be kidding? Be very careful what you state when you post. Or you may look as dim witted as the member above.

Commas | Punctuation Rules
When starting a sentence with a weak clause, use a comma after it. Conversely, do not use a comma when the sentence starts with a strong clause followed by ...
www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp - Cached - Similar

Cannot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Definition of cannot from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games.
www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/cannot - Cached - Similar

To, Too, Two - e Learn English Language
What's the difference between to, too, and two? It's not too difficult to use them, once you take the time to learn what they mean - and do some practicing ...
www.elearnenglishlanguage.com › English Difficulties - Cached - Similar
Funny stuff. Amazing he would not put his post through spell check before he brings up education of all things.

Get notified of new replies

To Almost killed by a Toyota today!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
VorteXGT
New Money Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

You missed the point. I am not the one telling other people they are unintelligent, uneducated, "need a brain", etc., especially when it is only because their opinion differs from yours. But whatever...I see that responding to you is pointless (as I had been warned) so I'll agree to disagree and move on.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VorteXGT
You missed the point. I am not the one telling other people they are unintelligent, uneducated, "need a brain", etc., especially when it is only because their opinion differs from yours. But whatever...I see that responding to you is pointless (as I had been warned) so I'll agree to disagree and move on.
You missed the point. Why would anyone be so dim witted as to correct someone about English without at least being correct his or herself? BTW.. A warning from none other then Alex Smith is a absolute badge of honor for any true and, real Corvette enthusiast.

Last edited by Vette Suspension; 05-02-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Really? Really? Are you serious? You are the more self-contradicting bone-headed person on this forum.

You post this:
Relax there pal and, learn a lesson. Never, ever put words into someones post.
Then you post this:
American, manufactures have done horrible things in the past including covering up asbestos exposure. However, many of the companies had & have employees that do the right thing and, often blow the whistle. Also, the United States has very stiff economic fines and, criminal prosecution. Take a moment to learn or read history books you will find this out. American companies are held to a higher standard. On the topic of asbestos it is still a legal substance in many parts of Asia. You may want to ask yourself why or at the very least attempt to find out.

Take a moment to learn the type of business culture, and the types of governments you are speaking of in Asia before posting. This way you will appear more informed. If you are naive enough to believe the business culture in Asia along with the governments of those countries has your best interest at heart you are beyond dim witted. The business culture although not perfect in America is set up to guard against this type of thing happening. There are rewards for whistle blowers along with many safeguards. Is the system perfect? Not by a long shot. Again, take some time to learn about the culture, business culture and, the governments in Asia. After you do this you will sound somewhat more intelligent if that is possible.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? I never said anything about asbestos or Asia's business and government culture.

I see you are a psychiatricst, so I am going to take your entire persona on this forum as some kind of joke, purposely saying some of the dumbest things I have ever read, just to see our reaction. If this is the case, then touche!

Think about it. Every time I see you post in any thread, you stick your nose where it was not requested and make everyhing a domestic vs. import debate and get proven wrong by MANY member in every thread. I dont know how the mods haven't caught wind of it. YOU are the outcast, YOU are the one that is wrong.

but go ahead, reply back telling me how i am naive and should read a book. I'll be out driving my Tundra into on coming traffic uncontrollably because all the people in Indiana, California, Alabama that built it and it's componenets are out to kill me.