Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Price gap Corvette vs, 2013 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Mustang has a solid axle that is terrible on bumpy corners, Vette handles real good on bumps. As mentioned before it is a lot easier to find $11k or in my case $15k off a C6 than a Mustang.

As far as the bailout goes, anyone that invested in GM in the last 10 years is not that smart with investments to be honest. GM hasn't done much right for decades. Just look at the products they put out in the 80s and 90s.

Banks also got bailed out. I wonder how many people that abandoned GM got rid of them also.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
Every person, every single one, who still dislikes GM because of the government's decision to bail them out, should read your post. Thumbs WAY up.
The shareholders were wiped out entirely and the UAW's pockets were lined thanks to the Communist in Chief Obama. GM should have failed, re-organized like any other failed company and in turn been forced to make the necessary changes to return to profitability (which means telling the UAW to shove it up their ***). Eff Government Motors. I'll never own another. I don't blame those that feel the same way.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Shareholders often get wiped out entirely in bankruptcy.

http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/bankrupt.htm

UAW took on significant liabilities; how were their pockets lined?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by ALMS21
The shareholders were wiped out entirely and the UAW's pockets were lined thanks to the Communist in Chief Obama. GM should have failed, re-organized like any other failed company and in turn been forced to make the necessary changes to return to profitability (which means telling the UAW to shove it up their ***). Eff Government Motors. I'll never own another. I don't blame those that feel the same way.
The only shareholders who were hurt by the bailouts were the ones who waited too long to pull the plug. GM was in trouble for a long time. It wasn't a surprise that they went bankrupt, it was a rather long process.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:25 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

And you're a moderator on a Corvette website?
Yeah really.
I suppose he won't be doing any more banking or home mortgaging/financing either?
Or buying fuel or food or other items that might be government subsidized?
And I sure hope that I never hear someone saying something as absurd as that while also driving a Japanese nameplate vehicle as those companies are ALL at some point or another assisted and well protected by their own government as well.
That would make them a totally biased hypocrite LOL.

Originally Posted by rbartick
That is a crazy reason for not buying a GM.
100%

I think it might be even more than just 'crazy' but forum rules might prohibit some of the words I'd use LOL.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Mustangs FTW!
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I am obviously a Mustang fan over anything else, and I mean anything. For example if I had 200K to spend on a cool car (exotics don't really do much for me). I wouldn't spend it on a Ferrari, I would buy 10 Mustangs lmfao.

That all being said, I don't think its fair to compare a Mustang to a Vette. They were never meant to compete with each other. Obviously where the Camaro comes in.

They were meant to originally affordable for the common man, although a load GT is not upper 40s is getting to be a bit much IMO.

The Corvette IMO was always meant to be the working mans super-car. Both are, and will forever be ingrained into American history as two of the most loved and influential cars ever made on American soil.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:38 AM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the "problem" was the fact that gm bondholders in 2009 OWNED 27 billion of the bonds and the UAW had 10 billion of the bonds........comrade-o comes rapping in and changes every rule of free market ever known to the us market on how a bankruptcy is handled

uaw gets 40% of new stock, govt-g gets 50%.....bond holders pound sand with 10%. nice switcharoo by brutha magoo
Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mustangs FTW!
The Corvette IMO was always meant to be the working mans super-car. Both are, and will forever be ingrained into American history as two of the most loved and influential cars ever made on American soil.
Legendary icons, the both of them.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 AM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jersey jay
Just got rid of my 09 ZO6. Will never buy another GM beacuse of the bailout.

My 2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 is due in 5/11. From what I've read it's a great car for the twisties and pretty quick straight line as well.

Ford has come up with a real winner bringing back the Boss. the 13's will be the last year for the Boss model as well. The fit and finish in and out smokes my last Z.

Love the retro look and color.

$45,465.00 was MSRP as that's what I paid. I'm seeing ADMIN adjustments anywhere from $5-30K over MSRP.

Great bang for the buck IMO.

I've owned 3 Vettes over the years.
I bought a 370Z because of the quality of the interior vs. my Z06. Very fun in the twisties, but not as much grunt as the 5.0. I am "holding out" to see what the '15 GT ends up with and might jump into one in '16 or '17 if I like it and there are no "bugs". GM lost me on their interiors and fit/finish.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 AM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by BSSN
I bought a 370Z because of the quality of the interior vs. my Z06. Very fun in the twisties, but not as much grunt as the 5.0. I am "holding out" to see what the '15 GT ends up with and might jump into one in '16 or '17 if I like it and there are no "bugs". GM lost me on their interiors and fit/finish.
Who knows. Buy the time you are ready for a Mustang, the C7 may have an amazing interior Only time will tell!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:18 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who knows. Buy the time you are ready for a Mustang, the C7 may have an amazing interior Only time will tell!
I certainly hope so, but Viper gained about $30K when it got "an amazing interior" with other features similar to the 'vette. If the corvette does, too, it will then be beyond my reach until I retire.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06LUST
Over all the Vette slightly quicker on courses with long straights...especially the GS and above.
As to an 08 Coupe- nope.
Tested 4 yrs apart, different drivers, different weather conditions, comparison worthless.

Owner here: 2011 GS, 2012 Boss
I guess no "ring" record is valid for any single vehicle because it wasn't recorded on the same day as any others?

Sorry, but the Ring records are not worthless and neither are those run at VIR. As long as the distance is the same and the conditions are similar, the records hold - sometimes for many years.

The Radical SR8 record was done in 2009. From your perspective, the Dodge Viper may be faster, since the Viper's time was measured one year later.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:29 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BSSN
but Viper gained about $30K when it got "an amazing interior" with other features similar to the 'vette.
Did it?
Has the pricing for the 2013 Viper even been released yet?

I don't think it will be a full $30k more than the outgoing car (which MSRP'd for roughly $90k I think?).
Old 05-14-2012, 10:49 AM
U/P.Tom
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Legendary icons, the both of them.
I agree here for sure. These are 2 Iconic, legendary american built cars.
I would take either one these days, but since finances play a major roll for me, I just ordered a 2013 Mustang GT Premium. I really like the "classic" looks of the Mustang. I ordered my GT with the Recaro leather sport seats. (which to me are fantastic!), the Brembo brake package and 3:55 rear gears. Estimated build date is next week.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

On topic: Mustangs are nice..but it aint no Vette...
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
uaw gets 40% of new stock, govt-g gets 50%.....bond holders pound sand with 10%. nice switcharoo by brutha magoo
US got 60.8%, Canada 11.7%, VEBA 17.5%, unsecured creditors 10%.

There's nothing at Wikipedia about breaking all the rules. Maybe you should go fix that with what you know.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by U/P.Tom
I just ordered a 2013 Mustang GT Premium. I really like the "classic" looks of the Mustang. I ordered my GT with the Recaro leather sport seats. (which to me are fantastic!), the Brembo brake package and 3:55 rear gears. Estimated build date is next week.
Jealous of those seats. The rest of the car should be just as fantastic. Congrats.

Get notified of new replies

To Price gap Corvette vs, 2013 Mustang

Old 05-16-2012, 08:40 AM
U/P.Tom
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jinx
Jealous of those seats. The rest of the car should be just as fantastic. Congrats.
Thank you, I do hope the rest of the car is just as fantastic. This is my first Ford purchase. I got to sit in a few 13 GT's and got to do side by side with each of the seats and ya to me the Recaro's are worth it. They felt amazing. Great support. As you say I hope the rest of the car turns out just as good and I hope and plan to enjoy it for years to come.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:03 AM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jinx
i'm an angry tree hugger cuz all i can get out here in broke deeck weedafornia is 91...gotta pound sand
Old 05-17-2012, 02:03 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by U/P.Tom
I agree here for sure. These are 2 Iconic, legendary american built cars.
I would take either one these days, but since finances play a major roll for me, I just ordered a 2013 Mustang GT Premium. I really like the "classic" looks of the Mustang. I ordered my GT with the Recaro leather sport seats. (which to me are fantastic!), the Brembo brake package and 3:55 rear gears. Estimated build date is next week.
Nice ride. If I had the space for a 3rd car right I too would consider ordering a new Mustang GT (base car, no options though), I like them a lot.

Quick Reply: Price gap Corvette vs, 2013 Mustang