Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392

Corvette with base LS-3 engine. The Challenger engine is stronger than the Corvette engine so what are the differences in between these two engines? Which one is made better? Engine vs. engine. I know The Challenger SRT-8 is a 4,100 lb car and the Base Corvette is 3,400 maybe less so the Corvette wins but engine for engine which one is built stronger?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh that's extremely open ended. You just mean built stronger? No one probably knows yet. The 392 probably has a forged crank(for no reason) but both engine's rods and pistons are cast I assume. 392 is clearly the more powerful engine with probably better power curves due to variable cam timing. It's also quite possibly the ONLY iron block still made besides the 5.7 hemi, and very dirty as it needs an extra spark plug to ignite un-burned gas fumes. Big power, but poorly designed.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:44 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
Uh that's extremely open ended. You just mean built stronger? No one probably knows yet. The 392 probably has a forged crank(for no reason) but both engine's rods and pistons are cast I assume. 392 is clearly the more powerful engine with probably better power curves due to variable cam timing. It's also quite possibly the ONLY iron block still made besides the 5.7 hemi, and very dirty as it needs an extra spark plug to ignite un-burned gas fumes. Big power, but poorly designed.
so back in the day there was a 392 hemi engine like there was a 426 Hemi?

Get notified of new replies

To Dodge Challenger SRT-8 392