Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2013 SRT Viper Baseline Dyno Testing at Hennessey Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:48 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 SRT Viper Baseline Dyno Testing at Hennessey Performance

Not very impressed for the price! 558 RWHP, 515 RWT!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:13 AM
BSheppard
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that is one good looking car!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vigalante
Not very impressed for the price! 558 RWHP, 515 RWT!

Not impressed with what? A 15% plus drive line drop off is the norm, the Viper only dropped 13%.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:22 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Not impressed with what? A 15% plus drive line drop off is the norm, the Viper only dropped 13%.
Shelby Mustang advertised at 662 HP, dyno'd at 598 HP, and $40K less! But I'm only looking at engine specs here. Seems to me that the drive line drop off on the Shelby is less than 10%!

Last edited by vigalante; 05-26-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:18 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Shelby Mustang advertised at 662 HP, dyno'd at 598 HP, and $40K less! But I'm only looking at engine specs here. Seems to me that the drive line drop off on the Shelby is less than 10%!
Hahahahahha know where can you compare this new viper with the Gt-500, look, quality, I can go on.
The GT-500 is a great car, but just can't compare, I've driven both cars extensively, not even in the same world
Old 05-26-2013, 12:22 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Something tells me that he wouldn't be impressed I'f the car did 600rwhp and 650 rwt, he is one of those guys that will find something negative no matter what, I have already had a gen 5 for the weekend, I can give a better opinion, the person will never set foot in one.

Note: the tq on this Hennessy dyno is much lower than the tq we tested the car we tested 38 less to be exact

Last edited by NytmereZ; 05-26-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Hahahahahha know where can you compare this new viper with the Gt-500, look, quality, I can go on.
The GT-500 is a great car, but just can't compare, I've driven both cars extensively, not even in the same world
Well, honestly, a $120K clown shoe, that's supposed to be all new and improved over the previous years, leaves me saying, "Much to be desired!" I can't say how the '13 Viper fits, but my 06 was awful as far as being comfortable! Sorry, as far as looks goes, that subjective!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Something tells me that he wouldn't be impressed I'f the car did 600rwhp and 650 rwt, he is one of those guys that will find something negative no matter what, I have already had a gen 5 for the weekend, I can give a better opinion, the person will never set foot in one.

Note: the tq on this Hennessy dyno is much lower than the tq we tested the car we tested 38 less to be exact
BUT, the cars don't do that, and there's your problem. Of course, Hennessy's dyno is much lower.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

I guess he does that so he can fiddle with the readings AFTER he's performed his MAGIC!!!!

Seriously, it's great to have America cars competing against each other, good for the consumer, and the companies. Too bad Ford doesn't look like they are going to go back to the Ford GT, now putting that Shelby motor in one of them, would be a fitting comparison to both the ACR (if that's still the top of the line?) and a ZR1 when a new one comes out.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Well, honestly, a $120K clown shoe, that's supposed to be all new and improved over the previous years, leaves me saying, "Much to be desired!" I can't say how the '13 Viper fits, but my 06 was awful as far as being comfortable! Sorry, as far as looks goes, that subjective!
Clown shoe was a term made up by pro corvette owners, cause they were pissed on getting their azz kicked year after year, it is an beat to death term that just shows how biased you are about car that are not named corvette.

Vipers have always looked better than vettes, and always will, like it or not.

Sports cars are not supposed to be comfortable, real car people don't care about comfort, which also tells me that you are a bitter , stubborn , old geezer, that has never seen a track, you should buy a nice caddy, btw that " clown shoe isn't made of mostly cheap plastic
Old 05-27-2013, 02:35 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Clown shoe was a term made up by pro corvette owners, cause they were pissed on getting their azz kicked year after year, it is an beat to death term that just shows how biased you are about car that are not named corvette.

Sports cars are not supposed to be comfortable, real car people don't care about comfort, which also tells me that you are a bitter , stubborn , old geezer, that has never seen a track, you should buy a nice caddy, btw that " clown shoe isn't made of mostly cheap plastic
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Today's Corvette LOOKS better than the Viper, personal opinion! Today's sports cars aren't a seat of the pants ride, as they once were. WTF you talking about they don't care about comfort, that's part of selling a car today, along with its performance. Yeah, your FIAT is just a dandy car!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

V10 sounds good.

-Alex
Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

in retrospect a zr1 puts down about as much for the same price...i supose one could say the same about the zr1...
Old 05-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, no wonder with this kind of fan base the Viper has always sold in low numbers. Comfort in a sports car doesn't mean caddy like ride quality.....it's overall quality, seat design, position of the shifter, clutch, drivetrain etc.....is it built as a race car you wouln't enjoy driving on the street or is it a great dual purpose car that you can take a roadtrip in and not need back surgery.

The Lotus Elise is a prime example of a track car first, fun in short duration driving but as a street sports car is one of the least usable.

One of the things I've always liked about Corvettes is they can kick *** on the track AND you can take a roadtrip in it. For many people, dual use is an important factor.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:39 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mirage2991
in retrospect a zr1 puts down about as much for the same price...i supose one could say the same about the zr1...
5+ year old Chevy technology against brand new FIAT technology.....hmmmm! Think in 5 years that Viper should have been at least 700HP?

"It has retained its all aluminum 8.4-liter V-10, but with a stiffer block casting, lighter valvetrain, forged pistons and sodium filled exhaust valves. Its output is now a Corvette-ZR1-beating 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque. It's also 25 lb. lighter thanks mostly to an aluminum flywheel and composite intake. That composite intake flows better and rejects heat easier. For added refinement the engine mounts are now hydraulic units and the exhaust is better insulated from the passenger compartment. The engine's unique pushrod cam-in-cam design for variable-valve timing has been retained, as has the 6200 redline with a 6400-rpm limiter."

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...2013-srt-viper
Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

It amazes me that in this day, 558 rwhp and 515 rwtq is really no bid deal. Ten years ago we all would've been going nuts over this kind of power. The new Viper is still a great looking car though.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:31 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Interesting, this is my completely bone stock (down to paper air filter) 2010 ZR1 with about 12k hard miles (I run track days).

Very similiar rwhp/rwtq:

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 SRT Viper Baseline Dyno Testing at Hennessey Performance

Quick Reply: 2013 SRT Viper Baseline Dyno Testing at Hennessey Performance