Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Jaguar Competition Comes On Strong!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:04 PM
cramar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Competition Comes On Strong!

According to a WSJ reporter, the Jaguar F-type (R coupe) is the "best looking new car" on display at the recent L.A. auto show. At 540+ hp it looks like it has gone one better than C7. Maybe good for GM that this Jag will not be on sale until next year when they can counter with a Z or whatever.

Here is one of the typical gushing reports:
Old 12-02-2013, 11:07 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by cramar
According to a WSJ reporter, the Jaguar F-type (R coupe) is the "best looking new car" on display at the recent L.A. auto show. At 540+ hp it looks like it has gone one better than C7. Maybe good for GM that this Jag will not be on sale until next year when they can counter with a Z or whatever.

Here is one of the typical gushing reports:
Jaguar F-Type at the LA Motor Show - YouTube
I was at the LA Auto Show. The Jag although nice, was not the "best looking new car" there IMO. It caters to a different market than the Corvette.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:33 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Hmmm....a British reporter gushing over a Jaguar.....didn't see that coming.

Jimmy
Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really seems like an amazing car. Sound from the pipes is entoxicating!
It was on my short list for new cars. The C7 won out for me on looks.
It's great that the auto worlds starting to offer more than sterile bubble shaped cars again
Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

That Jag coupe is great looking. Not sure of the details, but the vert is very heavy and expensive relative to the C7.

I wish Jag offered a normally aspirated V8 with 450 HP (if Ford could offer it in the Mustang, Jag should be able to) for something closer to $70,000. The S/C V6 doesn't do much for me, and the S/C V8 is just a bit too much.

-T
Old 12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trackaholic
That Jag coupe is great looking. Not sure of the details, but the vert is very heavy and expensive relative to the C7.

I wish Jag offered a normally aspirated V8 with 450 HP (if Ford could offer it in the Mustang, Jag should be able to) for something closer to $70,000. The S/C V6 doesn't do much for me, and the S/C V8 is just a bit too much.

-T
V6's are 45lbs lighter then their vert counter parts. V8R is expected to be almost identical weight to V8S vert.

V6 coupes are almost $5k cheaper vs verts. The V8R coupe is over $5k more then the V8S vert though.

So sounds like the v6's might be cool sports cars, even with a fairly-up-there price tag, but the V8R we'll have to see tested first. More power, same weight, and more money, so its kind of a wash. I'm sure they'll release a V8R vert in another year or two as well, no reason not to really.

Myself, I cant get past the emo/depressed eyes that are the rear taillights. Same as the BRZ/FRS. The car looks aggressive(the vents in the front bumper are a bit over the top though) but the back end looks... moody.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

The front of the Corvette looks much better, IMO.

Get notified of new replies

To Jaguar Competition Comes On Strong!

Quick Reply: Jaguar Competition Comes On Strong!