Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

aol : insightful comment

Old 03-30-2014, 12:19 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aol : insightful comment

whenever i want highly reliable and insightful comments on any subject, i go to arianna huffingtons news site on aol. particularly enlightening and erudite is the aol site on automobiles. there has been some discussion recently on the forum here about aftermarket wheels, so when i saw the attached reference on aol, i copied it to pass it onto all members. particularly noteworthy is the comment: "...you can expect to feel more vibration as your [sic] travel over cracks, potholes and road debris." i personally endorse the observation to avoid traveling over road debris. (perhaps the mag ride compensates for debris as your travel, but i do not have it, so i can not comment further.)

1. Aftermarket wheels

Aftermarket wheels can make a car look more sporty or luxurious than the factory rims. While they often cost thousands of dollars, aftermarket wheels typically don't add to your car's resale value, and can reduce the comfort of your ride. When you install larger wheels, the low-profile tires reduce the cushion between the car and the road. As a result, you can expect to feel more vibration as your travel over cracks, potholes and road debris.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Hey Dufuss, somebody hijacked your screen name and posted the crap above.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:05 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

AO Hell......

What it's been known as for decades.

'nuff said
Old 03-30-2014, 04:37 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
Hey Dufuss, somebody hijacked your screen name and posted the crap above.
sarcasm, and a feeble attempt at humor; and a gratuitous shot at aol, which is likely inappropriate. being sleep deprived helped too. so bored! [but, enough of my problems...so how are you doing? hows the car? how are the wife and kids doing? job going ok? hey, can you wait for spring?]

Last edited by thedofuss; 03-30-2014 at 04:42 AM. Reason: need
Old 03-30-2014, 04:54 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Originally Posted by KenHorse
AO Hell......

What it's been known as for decades.

'nuff said
agreed. i used to "hang out" there. surprisingly, i was not particularly well received, so i moved onto the vette site, in an effort to see what i could bring to the forum. turns out it was a lot more expensive. i didnt have to buy anything to join aol.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
agreed. i used to "hang out" there. surprisingly, i was not particularly well received, so i moved onto the vette site, in an effort to see what i could bring to the forum. turns out it was a lot more expensive. i didnt have to buy anything to join aol.
I can appreciate the "expense" of joining a forum-13 yrs ago I joined a dog forum so I had to get a dog to fit in. Now 13 yrs later I am still following the dog wherever she walks and bending over with a bad back picking up crap 3 times a day. (and would continue forever if possible)

Get notified of new replies

To aol : insightful comment

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aol : insightful comment