Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2004 Silverado Body Mount Bushings question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

Default 2004 Silverado Body Mount Bushings question

Has anyone found an aftermarket replacement body mount bushing kit in RUBBER?? There are plenty in Polyurethane available but I have heard the ride is stiffer and they raise the body height by 1/2 inch.

Original OEM are available from the GM dealer in individual pieces from what I see (no kit) and the cost (list over $100 for just one) is way more than the whole replacement Prothane kit. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I really just need to fix one corner. Dan
Old 08-08-2014, 06:37 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

gm sells some rubber/poly/hydrolic ones for the 08+ trucks to fix the cab flex,try to find them,they are $25 or so and they really help
Old 08-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
gm sells some rubber/poly/hydrolic ones for the 08+ trucks to fix the cab flex,try to find them,they are $25 or so and they really help
Thanks, I'll see if they make them for 2004.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:36 PM
VetteNinja69
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot Dan
Thanks, I'll see if they make them for 2004.
How is your Silverado been? I am looking into an older GM truck/ suv. Anything I should look out for when buying used?
Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Nolimit510
How is your Silverado been? I am looking into an older GM truck/ suv. Anything I should look out for when buying used?
Just finished replacing all the bushings for the body. Not too bad a job, the metal parts of the old ones were completely rusted out. Used the Poly bushings and all is well now.

To answer your question, I have always been a GM truck guy, but I think this is the last one for me. The quality is poor in many areas. Not what it should be or was in my older trucks. So far, in the last 2 years, had to replace all the brake lines, now the body mounts, dealt with an engine coolant leak that was bad, ignition switch had to be R&R to fix that problem, several dash bulbs are out and they are not serviceable (LED's that are part of the circuit board) and the list goes on. All this on a 70,000 mile truck!!!! Most of the problems can be directly related to the bean counters cheaping out on key components and poor design and execution to save a few pennies. For instance, the clutch pedal is made out of plastic, PLASTIC!! It's a shame I had my last Silverado 23 years and it was a much better made truck.

Get notified of new replies

To 2004 Silverado Body Mount Bushings question

Quick Reply: 2004 Silverado Body Mount Bushings question