Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

My other vehicle with a Dana rear end.... LOTS 'O PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 PM
cohocarl
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default My other vehicle with a Dana rear end.... LOTS 'O PICS

I pulled the pumpkin cover off to change the rear end lube, and I had some Chevy orange left over from a 383 build, so I thought I'd paint the cover.

No, it's not a truck or a Viper. I bought a used Yamaha G22 golf cart this summer for a project for my 12 yr old boy and I to work on.
Put on a 6" lift kit, 12" wheels w/ 23" tires.
Just the front done here:

My boy didn't like the roof on it (I wasn't wild about it either, especially running through tree branches, etc.), so off it came. Had some primer and white paint left over from the Vette last summer, so I ordered some Summit "Sour Apple Green" and some more clear. I had to fill in a few holes in the body for the windshield/roof frame, small nicks, etc. Came out real well. I wish the Vette could have came out as well, (it turned out decent, but not spectacular) but I've learned a few things along the way too.
After/Before pic:

I added a light kit, horns, new black vinyl on the seats, classic Grant steering wheel just like what was on my 68 SS Camaro 35 years ago, and some diamond plate rocker panels.

Oh ya, forgot the L.E.D. reverse lights.

I have a 3 3/8" Equus tach to hose clamp to the steering column, or mount flush in the dash I'm fabricating that will hold as many 2" ebay gauges I can rig up for eye candy. I have a vac. and volt meters already. I was thinking I could put on an E.G.T. and maybe oil temp. No oil pressure cuz it's a splash system. I picked up a car "media receiver" at Wally World which is not as deep as a regular car stereo which should also fit nicely in the dash.

Stock, Yamaha has the governor set at 12 mph. With the "gear change" with the bigger tires, it went up to about 14.5 mph, and with a $0.10 zip tie on the governor, my gps showed 22.9 mph. I took a pair of side cutters and removed the zip tie (for now) because 14 mph is plenty fast enough for my boy or wife to get into trouble. Gonna have to do something about the tone of the exhaust too.

It's been a fun project.

Quick Reply: My other vehicle with a Dana rear end.... LOTS 'O PICS