Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Any F430 or Gallardo owners here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:11 PM
sjones
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Any F430 or Gallardo owners here?

I'm eyeing a F430 or Gallardo. Both are about the same price at a Ferrari dealership not too far from me. Any owners here that can tell me about things to check for on either one or how your ownership experience has been? I've been reading on ferrarichat and lambotalk but thought I would check here.
Attached Images   
Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

I own a couple of scale models.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:39 PM
zbrett
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Ummm, completely wrong forum???
Old 09-19-2014, 11:48 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't own either but I'd like to own a Gallardo soon!

In my research, the Gallardo makes for a great DD, very reliable. They are for sale with 30k miles on them often, I've seen them with 80k miles too!

The F430, from what I've read, need more maintenance. Things break more often. No first hand experience, just what I've read.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:11 AM
mfear
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You're on the wrong forum.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:54 AM
sjones
Instructor

Originally Posted by mfear
You're on the wrong forum.
I own a stingray and i'm asking for a stingray owners perspective of 2 other cars. My question was addressed to the right group. Just maybe doesn't apply to you.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:34 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The F430 is probably the only car I have owned that I regret giving up. It's the last "alive" Ferrari they ever built.

Personally I never cared for the Gallardo. I don't like 4wd.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:35 AM
Boomah
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly I can't speak to owning either though I wish I did!

A good family friend owns a 430, loves it, but doesn't seem to drive it much (Prefers driving his old Mangusta, go figure). Don't recall him saying it was in the shop at all.

As far as the Gallardo, no idea but there's a guy that owns one out on my side of the island. Seems like it's his DD as we'll often cross paths going in and out of town. Very friendly dude, always wave at each other maybe because we're both driving yellow cars, well my old C5Z was yellow anyway... Sharp looking car for sure!

Boomah
Old 09-20-2014, 08:10 AM
mfear
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No, it's c7 general discussion.

Not "things some c7 owners may have in common"

Your post belongs in an off topic section.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The Other Cars forum is over there ----------------->
Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 AM
michaelrm1
Racer

Who cares? The OP has been a forum member for 12 years and was asking a question to current C7 owners. You've been here 4 months and most of your posts are negative about anyone posting.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:14 AM
zbrett
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

OP could have phrased the question more clearly... Just saying... Both nice cars, but I wouldn't consider either since from what I understand the maintenance costs are astronomical.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 AM
halt00
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

People, treat this forum like you are standing face to face with each person. At Carlisle Corvette show would you really walk up to a person and say "Stop @#$%$ talking about Lambos and Ferraris, this is a Corvette show - wrong show buddy." Come on.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by halt00
People, treat this forum like you are standing face to face with each person. At Carlisle Corvette show would you really walk up to a person and say "Stop @#$%$ talking about Lambos and Ferraris, this is a Corvette show - wrong show buddy." Come on.
No. The problem is people do NOT treat this forum like they are standing face to face. Which is why we get ridiculous questions like this in the wrong forum.

To correct your analogy and state it properly. Posting this thread in the C7 General Discussion forum would be equal to a person looking to buy a Lambo or Ferrari.. and going to the Carlisle Corvette show for advice on purchasing one.

If you are truly interested in purchasing a Lambo or Ferrari. Then why not go directly to the Lambo forum or Ferrari forum on their respective websites? It does not make sense to ask that question here.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:17 AM
halt00
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
No. The problem is people do NOT treat this forum like they are standing face to face. Which is why we get ridiculous questions like this in the wrong forum.

To correct your analogy and state it properly. Posting this thread in the C7 General Discussion forum would be equal to a person looking to buy a Lambo or Ferrari.. and going to the Carlisle Corvette show for advice on purchasing one.

If you are truly interested in purchasing a Lambo or Ferrari. Then why not go directly to the Lambo forum or Ferrari forum on their respective websites? It does not make sense to ask that question here.
Actually, he owns a Corvette so it would be like him going to Carlisle and talking with people about another car he is also considering while chatting about Corvettes. So do you host a poker game night but disallow any conversations about other types of game nights that people also might be interested in? Wrong country man.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,290 Likes on 1,400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by halt00
Actually, he owns a Corvette so it would be like him going to Carlisle and talking with people about another car he is also considering while chatting about Corvettes. So do you host a poker game night but disallow any conversations about other types of game nights that people also might be interested in? Wrong country man.
You're seriously missing the point. He posted a question in a forum here specifically meant for C7 discussions, not "I own a C7 but want to talk about other cars" discussions. There is a Other Cars forum, which is where a Mod obviously moved this thread, as was proper., since the questions was about cars other than a C7 or any other Vette.

No line of tortured reasoning says a question about other cars should be posted anywhere except the Other Cars forum. It's not that hard to understand.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:59 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by sjones
I'm eyeing a F430 or Gallardo. Both are about the same price at a Ferrari dealership not too far from me. Any owners here that can tell me about things to check for on either one or how your ownership experience has been? I've been reading on ferrarichat and lambotalk but thought I would check here.
Lot of noobs are in their feelings about your post. Let the mods do their job and if you don't like a thread don't read it. Plenty of friends with Gallardos, personally I'm to talk to fit in them. Are you looking at a manual or E gear? As far as the F430 goes they are strong reliable cars. I kept my friends for five months. It's not bad to maintain, as I did all the research when I wanted to purchase one. In my area there are too many Gallardos, I would go 430.

Get notified of new replies

To Any F430 or Gallardo owners here?

Old 09-20-2014, 08:46 PM
sjones
Instructor

Thanks to those that answered my question. I have a C7 as well and plan to keep it.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:36 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Come over and join us at Ferrarichat.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

F430.

I had a 360 and was looking for a 430 but went another direction. Driven quite a few Lambos, owed one in the mid 70s. I just don't care for them.

Quick Reply: Any F430 or Gallardo owners here?